Doctor Who - The Next Doctor

+
Doctor Who - The Next Doctor

I just learned Matt Smith is leaving Doctor Who, this November. Who would you guys like him to be replaced with? I mean, after David Tennant's amazing performance as the Doctor, Matt Smith was a bit disappointing.

I say Hugh Laurie would be the perfect choice. What do you guys think?

It would have to be someone pretty unknown, yet also obviously brilliant. Either weird or funny. Either cute in an ugly way, or just fucking handsome.

I also have never watched the Doctor, as I know when it began, and I respect series too much not to start them anywhere else than at the very beginning, and Doctor is just a tad too old for me. I mean I'm 34 but Doctor still outdates me by decades, so I never had any chance.

Also, I really loved Sapphire and Steel here in Finland when I was a kid (called "Safiiri ja Teräs")... Didn't understand a bit of it but damn it was scary. :)

It would have to be someone pretty unknown, yet also obviously brilliant. Either weird or funny. Either cute in an ugly way, or just fucking handsome.

I also have never watched the Doctor, as I know when it began, and I respect series too much not to start them anywhere else than at the very beginning, and Doctor is just a tad too old for me. I mean I'm 34 but Doctor still outdates me by decades, so I never had any chance.

Also, I really loved Sapphire and Steel here in Finland when I was a kid (called "Safiiri ja Teräs")... Didn't understand a bit of it but damn it was scary. :)

I never watched that show, but i heard good things about it. :) And you are never too late to start watching Doctor Who.

Also, i hope the next Doctor is someone closer to David Tennant.. That dude was awesome.

Maybe the guy who acted Moriarty in modern Sherlock adaptation.

Nah, the last Doctor was quite young, I think a more mature Doctor is in order this time.

But seeing as how the 21st century apparently needs total racial and sexual reversal in classic programs, I am expecting a black lesbian Doctor.

Nah, the last Doctor was quite young, I think a more mature Doctor is in order this time.

But seeing as how the 21st century apparently needs total racial and sexual reversal in classic programs, I am expecting a black lesbian Doctor.

As i'm not against the idea of a black doctor, i would hate it if they changed his gender. (Similarly i would hate it if they changed a female character to male.) I'm all for sexual equality, they should create cool female characters rather than changing existing cool characters.

As for black and mature doctor.. How about Morgan Freeman? :D He would never accept the role, but it is nice to think about it.

How about Tom Hiddleston? I would also love to see David Morrissey as the Doctor.

I would also love to see Helena Bonham Carter as a second or a replacement companion or a time lord.. She's just awesome in every possible way. (I would much rather if she replaced River Song entirely.. No offence to Alex Kingston but they picked THE WORST possible actress possible.)

As i'm not against the idea of a black doctor, i would hate it if they changed his gender. (Similarly i would hate it if they changed a female character to male.) I'm all for sexual equality, they should create cool female characters rather than changing existing cool characters.

As for black and mature doctor.. How about Morgan Freeman? :D He would never accept the role, but it is nice to think about it.

How about Tom Hiddleston? I would also love to see David Morrissey as the Doctor.

I would also love to see Helena Bonham Carter as a second or a replacement companion or a time lord.. She's just awesome in every possible way.

Well Tom IS British, but he's too famous to be doctor

Yup, I think it needs to be someone British. Love the David Morrisey idea though.

My thoughts exactly. David Morrisey is good enough of a actor to actually pull the Doctor character off. Not like Matt Smith, who can't even really act. (When he tries to act sad, he looks silly. When he tries to act angry, he looks even more silly. When he tries to act funny, he looks like an idiot. And when he tries to act silly, like looks like an retarded person. Why did they allowed him to go on so many years is beyond me...)

I missed this post earlier, wow! Someone else who remembers Sapphire and Steel! That was an amazing series, I was so sad when it was scrapped.

It's really, really sad that so many of the original Doctor Who series aren't available any more - I wish that the BBC hadn't allowed so much to just disappear. I think I've seen most episodes before Matt Smith, although I probably missed some because of holidays or whatever, in the days before VCR.

I like the Sean Bean idea too. And that thought also leads to others from the LOTR cast - Dominic Monaghan comes to mind.

It's really, really sad that so many of the original Doctor Who series aren't available any more - I wish that the BBC hadn't allowed so much to just disappear. I think I've seen most episodes before Matt Smith, although I probably missed some because of holidays or whatever, in the days before VCR.

I was really, really upset when i heard they destroyed all those Doctor Who episodes. How short sided of them. Whomever gave that order&made that decision should get hit in the head.. Repeatedly.. Idiot.. Destroying history like that.

I like the Sean Bean idea too. And that thought also leads to others from the LOTR cast - Dominic Monaghan comes to mind.

I'm not sure how i feel about Dominic Monaghan. I mean, i like him as an actor, but i don't feel he is the right person for the job.

I'm not sure how i feel about Dominic Monaghan. I mean, i like him as an actor, but i don't feel he is the right person for the job.

I think it would work if they wanted a younger Doctor, but I agree with the viewpoint that an older Doctor would be good this time.

I think it would work if they wanted a younger Doctor, but I agree with the viewpoint that an older Doctor would be good this time.

I think if they go with a younger Doctor again, we are going to see something like this next time...

So, please no more younger Doctors. A mature, but not old Doctor would fit really well. I really hope it will be David Morrissey or someone similar to that..

I wouldn't mind a black actor playing the Doctor. Delroy Lindo or Colin Salmon could do the role justice methinks.

I'm having hard time imagining either of them as the Doctor.

I'm not sure about this, but how about Adrian Lester? He seemed like a good actor in Hustle.

m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/3539361

I'm terribly sorry for saying this, but Helen Miren can shut up and go **** herself. Her opinion on the matter is worth next to nothing. It is truly upsetting that some people actually recorded what she said and thought it was news worthy... Instead of ruining existing great characters by turning them into female, people should go and create new great and female characters. And i can't even believe she really stupid enough to say all this. We are talking about a character that is almost a sexual.. Seeing almost none of the Doctors had any relationship with anybody and she says next Doctor should be female and lesbian?) I wonder did she ever in her entire life watch the show?

/rage

I noticed that the Daily Mail article said that the reason they shouldn't have a female doctor is because parents would find it difficult to explain the sex change to their children. That argument is pure BS. He dies, and is reborn as a woman. What's difficult to explain about that, and what does it have to do with "explaining sex changes"?

I don't particularly want to see a female doctor, but I don't know why people have to invent dumb reasons to justify a personal preference.

Top Bottom