Does anchivements work in NG+?

+
Does anchivements work in NG+?

Simple question really, would "Card collector" for example work in NG+?
I know that anchivements are currently broken in this version, but are they intended to work in NG+?

Wonderful, I can't wait for them to get a hotfix out so that I can start another playthough. This game is so freaking enthralling : D

---------- Updated at 12:24 PM ----------

By the way, IF I were to start collecting cards for the "Card Collector" anchivement. And let's say I've collected all but the Iorveth card. If the patch that fixes steam achivements comes online before I've collected the last card. Will I still get the anchivement even though I've gotten all but the Iorveth card in the previous version of the game. (this is all within NG+ btw)

Wonderful, I can't wait for them to get a hotfix out so that I can start another playthough. This game is so freaking enthralling : D

---------- Updated at 12:24 PM ----------

By the way, IF I were to start collecting cards for the "Card Collector" anchivement. And let's say I've collected all but the Iorveth card. If the patch that fixes steam achivements comes online before I've collected the last card. Will I still get the anchivement even though I've gotten all but the Iorveth card in the previous version of the game. (this is all within NG+ btw)

If everything is working as intended then yes, but we can't predict the future. In that specific scenario it's highly unlikely there would be an issue as the completion of the quest is what would trigger the achievement.

I have the game in GOG and I just started playing NG+ a few minutes ago after finishing the game; I was level 34 with 86XP left to level 35 and I noticed two things:

1) Vesemir couldn't handle the ghouls because he did almost no damage to them.

2) When I defeated the ghouls, I reached level 35 and called it a day. Checked the achievement list and no achievement was earned by reaching level 35.

I have the game in GOG and I just started playing NG+ a few minutes ago after finishing the game; I was level 34 with 86XP left to level 35 and I noticed two things:

1) Vesemir couldn't handle the ghouls because he did almost no damage to them.

2) When I defeated the ghouls, I reached level 35 and called it a day. Checked the achievement list and no achievement was earned by reaching level 35.

There's a trophy for getting to level 35? Hmm cant remember that from when I got the platinum, but who know its more than a month ago so I guess it possible.
But in NG+ just maybe you gotta get to level 70?? idk

@WolvenGear
At least in GOG Galaxy UI there is an achievement named "Munchkin" and it says "Reach character development level 35". I'll load the savegame before starting NG+ and get to level 35 to see if I get the achievement.

@WolvenGear
At least in GOG Galaxy UI there is an achievement named "Munchkin" and it says "Reach character development level 35". I'll load the savegame before starting NG+ and get to level 35 to see if I get the achievement.

Yeah bro, you're totally right. Just checked the trophy-list and there it is. Got it 9/6-2015
When I started playing this game I played all night.. so I may have been a bit tired/sleeping when I got that trophy lol.
Is it jjust me or did they downgrade the graphics in this game and GTA5 the same weekend? Im serious when I first played this game a few months ago it looked like space age.. now it looks like ps3

@WolvenGear
I haven't played GTA V so I wouldn't know XD. For some reason I like Witcher's world, Red Dead Redepmtion's world, but I'm not attracted to GTA :\. Perhaps because it resembles our modern world (and I have GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA IV but never played them more than eight hours).

And about the achievement, I just killed some monsters in Skellige with the savegame I made after I finished "Something ends, something begins" (and found a secondary quest I missed lol) and I reached level 35... but no achievement got unlocked in my list. I already restarted GOG Galaxy in case it needed it but it was still the same.

So I guess achievements are broken again for GOG as well, not only for Steam. I have 1.08.2 version btw. I remember having unlocked some achievements in 1.08.1 (not the retroactive ones but new ones) so I guess this second small update is the cause.

Last edited:
@WolvenGear
I haven't played GTA V so I wouldn't know XD. For some reason I like Witcher's world, Red Dead Redepmtion's world, but I'm not attracted to GTA :\. Perhaps because it resembles our modern world (and I have GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and GTA IV but never played them more than eight hours).

And about the achievement, I just killed some monsters in Skellige with the savegame I made after I finished "Something ends, something begins" (and found a secondary quest I missed lol) and I reached level 35... but no achievement got unlocked in my list. I already restarted GOG Galaxy in case it needed it but it was still the same.

So I guess achievements are broken again for GOG as well, not only for Steam. I have 1.08.2 version btw. I remember having unlocked some achievements in 1.08.1 (not the retroactive ones but new ones) so I guess this second small update is the cause.

Ok so its really not complicated. You have to (I guess) get to lvl 35 before ng+ right?
Idk how I feel about that.
But people, I can only speak for the PS4. So problems with your (legally?) purchased game on PC is not something I can help you with.

Last edited:
@WolvenGear
Nah, it has nothing to do with being level 35 before NG+, it has to do with the latest small patch released (1.08.2). As I wrote I played the savegame after finishing the main quest (defeating the wild hunt), leveled up to 35 and no achievement was earned; and that's not NG+ at all. Unless you mean to get level 35 before playing "On thin ice" quest but I think you can earn that achievement at any moment even if you wander in the world after finishing the main quest as long as you reach the aforementioned requirements.

Also, not sure why you mention "legally?" in your comment. Does a illegal version of the Witcher 3 can be played through GOG Galaxy client and get achievements? Why I would be talking about it if my copy is illegal and I get no achievements at all anyway?

Top Bottom