Does any of you have a clear understanding of the XP problem?

+
I thought I was leveling WAY too slowly. I'm level 15 and around 50 hours+ into the game. Some things definitely give experience, but killing a Red Skull-leveled hard enemy doesn't seem to give anything which is LAME considering how hard it is to kill a high level water hag. I've yet to play a "grey" quest either. They are either green or red. Some quests give like 20xp but use level 2 axii in a dialogue and 50xp? Whatever. Would love to go after all these level 20+ Witcher Contracts but can't touch them as I'm dead in 2 hits and eating chicken legs increases health too slowly to matter. I've nearly cleared every question mark on the Velen/Novigrad area along with each yellow " ! ", a ton of other quests, everything done in White Chapel, etc. but haven't gone to Skellige yet.

Shouldn't have to resort to cheat engine to "fix" this.

Guest 3825552

Red enemies and Red quests should give XP (even a bonus?), I think the game should have a detailed tutorial on the quest menu telling you about how it works, my first playthrou (I stoped once I got to skillage), I had no idea what was going on with XP. My game stopped giving me XP for most things and it wasn't related to being 6 levels up/down either.

Dynamic XP filters are very lame, hopefully the patch clears it up some.

Red enemies and Red quests should give XP (even a bonus?), I think the game should have a detailed tutorial on the quest menu telling you about how it works, my first playthrou (I stoped once I got to skillage), I had no idea what was going on with XP. My game stopped giving me XP for most things and it wasn't related to being 6 levels up/down either.

Dynamic XP filters are very lame, hopefully the patch clears it up some.

From my knowledge no one has shown a video where all quests stop giving XP, that are not the bugged couple main quests or grey quests (which aren't supposed to give XP). So if you have some unknown XP bug that no ones found and posted a video of, please make a video and post it here in the forums so it can get fixed. :p.

Here you go: http://www.twitch.tv/zealuu2/b/664863432

Some spoilers in loading screens. I hand in Contract: Highlands Griffin (24), Master Armorer (24) and Brothers in Arms: Nilfgaard (22) for exactly 0 xp with a level 25 character. In addition to there being no XP prompt, I enter the pause menu so you can see for yourself. The number stays at 836 throughout the video.

Along with the quests I did here, last time around, before I realized there was a bug, I did the swordsmith master crafter quest as well as another contract with similar results. Then I loaded back as far as I could and began waiting for a patch.

Now you can of course continue to argue that literally every quest I do is part of those quests that are "randomly affected in isolation", but let's get real here.

---------- Updated at 07:49 PM ----------

Quieted down real fast there.

Last edited:
Don't worry Zealuu, according to CDPR, not being able to level up does not affect the game balance in any significant way.

Just wait another week and they might fix this problem.

/sarcasm

Some spoilers in loading screens. I hand in Contract: Highlands Griffin (24), Master Armorer (24) and Brothers in Arms: Nilfgaard (22) for exactly 0 xp with a level 25 character. In addition to there being no XP prompt, I enter the pause menu so you can see for yourself. The number stays at 836 throughout the video.

Along with the quests I did here, last time around, before I realized there was a bug, I did the swordsmith master crafter quest as well as another contract with similar results. Then I loaded back as far as I could and began waiting for a patch.

Now you can of course continue to argue that literally every quest I do is part of those quests that are "randomly affected in isolation", but let's get real here.

---------- Updated at 07:49 PM ----------

This really breaks the game.
Xbox, Grriffin Contract and Master Armorrer, both Level 24 quests, I'm Level 24, zero exp.

Well i did the master armorer quest and the griffin contract you have to at the same time i am L21 the quests are L24 i think so i am quite sure the bug is you randomly don't get xp for quests you should.

From day 1, I have constantly monitored my quest log and started from the lowest to highest before it reaches gray...glad it saved me from this bug!

I have been trying to do the same thing, I seem to be getting the XP from doing green quests, but there may havee been one or two that didn't give the XP. That all being said, I am still above the main quest by about 3 lvls atm.

I'm now receiving XP through just about everything. Playing on PC through GOG Galaxy (1.04) and before today, I couldn't receive XP from anything. Not Main, Side, Contracts or even Gwent. It's working now, though. I suppose the Hot Fix has been issued? My game still says 1.04 but the XP thing seems to be back to normal.

Also, Zealuu is right. RedBehrend is simply being ignorant. Obviously because if he has never seen something, it surely can't exist.............

Dunno if im just lucky but im lvl 14 and never had this bug, always finished quests when im within 5 levels of the sugested level.

stop spreading misinformation, peasant.

^ This is the issue

Main quests and also side quests are affected by this. The other minor shit that CDPR is trying to sell us as the big buhuhu that does not affect our game experience is that if you try to do quests that are +6 levels above you or 6 levels below you, you should not receive XP

I'll just quote myself from elsewhere:

I've tested this myself and all I can tell you is that I had Family Matters and Ladies of the Wood, both greyed out. I completed them and they did not give XP (as expected). Then Pyres > Dreaming > Broken Flowers > Get Junior would not give XP upon completion despite all being green. I loaded that save again, and SKIPPED Family/Ladies and Pyres > Dreaming > Broken Flowers all gave XP.

So, I'm not saying my hypothesis is right, but I know for certain that it was *something* about the completion of Family/Ladies that caused my glitch.

Furthermore, I've had at least one person corroborate this. They said they were in the middle of Family Matters (green). They had no issues with XP up to that point. They turned in a grey quest, and then when turning in Family Matters it did not give XP.

The patch is only a day or two away, but it would be nice if someone could actually prove this hypothesis wrong. Like people with the glitch who have never done any grey quests for absolute certain.

I made a poll:

POLL: Witcher 3 "No XP" Glitch

I could have made the poll a day or two earlier, but a few days ago I thought we were still getting the hotfix today. At least if enough people answer we can reasonably advise over the next day or two to just avoid grey quests if you do not want the glitch.

From my knowledge no one has shown a video where all quests stop giving XP, that are not the bugged couple main quests or grey quests (which aren't supposed to give XP). So if you have some unknown XP bug that no ones found and posted a video of, please make a video and post it here in the forums so it can get fixed. :p.

Videos don't get things fixed. Sending a save file to CDPR with detailed commentary on the problem does. This can be done here http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ Incidentally I think you probably owe the guy who posted a twitch of the bug an apology. it does go to show that taking such a firm position based on hearsay helps no one though appear your intentions where not malicious.

My issue is also described here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...no-XP-Glitch?p=1736332&viewfull=1#post1736332 I have passed probably a dozen XP check points without a single XP.

Guest 3825552

With my new game I have been receiving XP and I'm level 15, have done mostly green missions with 1 or 2 gray ones. I have a funny feeling the bug occurs if you start just randomly doing missions ignoring the color system they have setup. I feel red missions should give XP since they are harder for the player to do, shrug...

My old game I was level 23 and did most missions randomly (no1 told me about the XP configuration ingame) which meant I did some red ones, I can't help but feel that by doing these red ones the XP system broke down and thus my game stopped giving me XP even for GREEN missions. I can understand CDPJ stance on low level missions giving no XP but the higher level missions also?, just makes NO SENSE to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom