Does anyone else feel that the driving physics is off?

+
For those on console.

Steering lag described by Exxxed above, combined with that front wheels are also powered even if you feel like you are driving RWD, may lead to difficulties.

So you counter steer, then there's a bit of lag, you adjust with more throttle, wrong move. Your front wheels are powered and start pulling car towards ditch. Ease throttle, careful moves, like with AWD, you make it.

It is better than I expected. I though it will be like Watch dogs. There are not many open world games that have great driving physics anyways. After GTA V was released, it got tons of hate because driving looked like a big downgrade from GTA IV, but people got used to it.

Hypercars, too light and over powered.

Most comfortable cars i found to drive were:
t-66 nomad version, beautiful handling and acceleration
porche - Johnys car, amazing handling.
Reward pickup truck - handles very well.

Other cars i noticed and even hyper cars do not have that umph when you turn or if they doo they oversteer or under break.

Driving the first car Hella or whatever it's name is is perfectly fine to steer right and left as it seems to be moving correct.

Driving Quadra type 66 Avenger while carefully steering right and left is off the sync. way too sensitive, also attempting too do an professional beautiful drifting is not even close for being A+... talking about grade terms i would give any cars outside the first car Hella a big F+++++ grade.

The driving is off. especially when you have the chase Contracts and there no way really to stay in the chase when they easily get to 250 m ahead and you fail the contract.

Can't remember the fist chase contract with the mayor Candidate, but i had to redo it like four times before succeeding, not fun.

Contract Sinnerman is extremely difficult and after 4 times i said screw it. The van next to you when your target shows up jumps in front of you and there no one in it. So that a glitch or it by design. Game supposed to be a challenge, not bend you over.

I am rather obsessive about driving 'properly', but still fast at times, and of course in virtual worlds you can break the rules and risk it the wrong way or do stunts, but I'm fussy and despite the fact it's only pixels I don't like to scratch my wheels. I actually have spent some days learning to fast bike without demolishing fences, barriers or passers by, because it's how I am, and that suits me. I kinda watch a lot of You Tube where players are just kamikazing around the world, ploughing thru other vehicles, property and NPCs like confetti at a wedding, hurling fragments in the air and using cars as weapons.. Not my style, so I've invested some time trying to make the controls work despite the clunky physics, and not just power thru corners and all the things that would throw you off road in RL..

I think the driving mechanics could be improved a lot yet, the lack of 'downforce' or grip is pretty bad on some cars. Also, being able to adjust the pressure of a < > or other directional arrow touch in increments to a finer extent would be great in settings..I find that a tiny touch on the arrow keys ( don't use WASD) over corrects the car and keeping a straight course is an imprecise process. Turning curves is all about anticipation, reducing velocity in time, and using F1 style or rally techniques, but the braking is clumsy right now, though some mods have improved drift reactions.

The main issue for me is the clunky traffic AI. I'm used to legendary traffic jams in Bangkok, and they can be a bit fun and immersive in a game now and then at peak times, but in Night City they are often the 'stuck AI' where one vehicle gets too near to another on a turn, or some car just stops dead and no one moves at all for ages and ages... all stuck. Even The Sims online has better traffic AI. As an experiment I've been riding around standing on the back of many of the flatbed truck cabs that cruise the city, taking in the views 360 while not having to drive. It's great fun but then you hit a crossroads and everything just dies and you're literally in 10 minute lock as the AI can't seem to force trucks and cars to just go around an obstacle..or make a decision, even on a quiet road at night....this needs a lot of work.
!!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-31 20-00-34EDIT.png

Physics realism doesn't matter too much, it had to "feel" right when playing. Being hyper-realistic could make driving super tedious.
It's so tedious that I fast travel and run everywhere I need to go...yeah...it sucks but it's easier than driving!

Top Bottom