Does anyone else get the feeling that New Game Plus on Witcher 3 is too easy?

+
Does anyone else get the feeling that New Game Plus on Witcher 3 is too easy?

I started a new playthrough of the game, Death March obviously and it feels a lot easier then when I started at level one, could it really be that because I already have all my spells and things the game feels way too easy to me? Does anyone else get this feeling?
Obviously i'm not ranting, i'm just wondering if it would be better to just restart the game at level 1 and not New Game Plus. Also wondering if anyone else got this feeling? I want an iron-man mode like in the Witcher 2, miss that.

I started a new playthrough of the game, Death March obviously and it feels a lot easier then when I started at level one, could it really be that because I already have all my spells and things the game feels way too easy to me? Does anyone else get this feeling?
Obviously i'm not ranting, i'm just wondering if it would be better to just restart the game at level 1 and not New Game Plus. Also wondering if anyone else got this feeling? I want an iron-man mode like in the Witcher 2, miss that.

I think it's easier because you already know how to play the game.

New Game + did feel easier to me than my original playthrough (both on Death March difficulty). To be fair, though, before I started NG+ I completed HoS, so I was already slightly over-leveled. You can also chalk it up to the fact that, as you mentioned, we carry over all of our gear and abilities, and you have to take into account that you're now familiar with the game's mechanics. It took me dozens of attempts to defeat the final boss in HoS on my first run. On NG+ I managed to do it on the second attempt.

New Game + did feel easier to me than my original playthrough (both on Death March difficulty). To be fair, though, before I started NG+ I completed HoS, so I was already slightly over-leveled. You can also chalk it up to the fact that, as you mentioned, we carry over all of our gear and abilities, and you have to take into account that you're now familiar with the game's mechanics. It took me dozens of attempts to defeat the final boss in HoS on my first run. On NG+ I managed to do it on the second attempt.

What levels are the ghouls you fight at the beginning? Level 30?

What levels are the ghouls you fight at the beginning? Level 30?

I think I started NG+ at around level 37 or 38, and the ghouls/starting enemies in White Orchard were around level 34? I may be wrong about that, though. It's been a while since I've replayed the game.

sv3672

Forum veteran
I'm remembering that those very first monsters were level 31. I just started NG+ this week. Not sure though...

If they are level 1 without NG+ (I recall that being the case, and it would make sense, since it is the first "real" fight in the game, and Geralt is at level 1, too), then they should indeed be increased to level 31, so that numbers seems right.

some things are easier, for you already know how to play, and you already have some oils, recipes, bombs, potions, but i don't find ng+ to be too easy always, i had many difficult enemy encunters everywhere, you stil need to use oils, potions, use different strategies with enemies, HoS is still harder than the base game
i think the difficulty balance in ng+ is very very good

Last edited:
I hope there will be a difficulty patch in the future, because I agree the game is too easy during normal play and NG+. There were some difficult moments though, like the first time I had to fight a Griffin, the spiders from HoS, and a luitenant of the wild hunt.

That could be a bug, others have reported issues with random enemies in quests the player is not under-leveled for getting increased to ?? level.

I hope there will be a difficulty patch in the future, because I agree the game is too easy during normal play and NG+. There were some difficult moments though, like the first time I had to fight a Griffin, the spiders from HoS, and a luitenant of the wild hunt.

There are mods for that! Try them!
I hope CDPR does not try to "balance" the game anymore than they already have. First there were people complaining that HoS was too hard so the nerfed it for the easier difficulties. But there were some reflexes on Death March, (really felt a bit of nerfing too), which is the only difficulty I played for the final 1500 hours of my total 1550 hours playing the game.

NG is great for its own characteristics. Low level, unequipped and unskilled hero. And then it becomes kinda easy after a certain point.

NG+ is great for the same: Well equipped, decent level hero (sometimes even overdeveloped if you do a full NG+HoS run to import into NG+) but go overconfident into a pack of lousy level 35 wolves or wild dogs and die, even with a level 42 character! What's too easy about that? Of course, the player skill should have developed as well and knowing good tactics, that pack of wolves might fell easy. Specially because such player will not get overwhelmed by 6-7 wolves at the same time, which a noob player might in his first NG run! And there is always that Cockatrice or Basilisk alone in an Island in Skellige show how "easy" the game is, both NG and NG+. Pay her a visit and see how many death can you take before you give up and go back to develop the character better. And even after reaching level 70 that beast is still a challenge.

One can always challenge guards for a challenge. I like hunting Witch Hunters. But get a piece bigger than you can beat and it's reaload time!

-

Last edited:
Hi all!! A newbie here to the witcher.. bought game with DLCs in April 2021 ..
I am a veteran of video games: Fallout Skyrim Grand Theft Auto and Dark Souls..

And I'm having the greatest time with The Witcher 3 New Game Plus..
I started at level 54 after crafting all Grandmaster gear and finished everything..

I'm at level 78 and aerondight and the toussaint steel sword has been doing well for me along with the Grand Master gear.

Euphoria and all red skull enemies and quests are more than doable!

Last edited:
The game has become almost ridiculously easy..
I only ran into trouble when I hit all geared von everec..
I actually missed this boss battle the first time around...

I let them cut their buddies head offSo I had no quarrel with Olgierd

Top Bottom