Does anyone feel totally immersed despite the shortcomings?

+
I don't know if it's that I've just been waiting for a world that looks and feels like this (easily convinced by aesthetics, lol), or what, but I feel so immersed in this game, in a way that you get immersed in a movie just from watching.

The world just feels so compelling, there are so many tantalizing details that draw you in. Even if it is ultimately empty, my imagination fills up half the details, because my brain seems to be convinced that this is a consistent, real-enough experience; to me, this is the magic of videogames. I'm grateful for Cyberpunk 2077 for taking me back to that place of imagination, for bringing me that sensation I've been missing for so long, that I first fell in love with on the train ride into Black Mesa.

Completely. The level of detail is stunning. I don't care that much about world interactivity (I don't like GTA and wasn't hoping for a clone of it). The environnements remind me so much of how I pictured them when I was playing TT Shadowrun. I just take my time and enjoy every bit. The game has a huge potential and it being the first one they do within that setting, I can't imagine what they'll be able to pull off given more time to polish the angles and with a sequel.

EDIT : I was afraid of first person because I usually play only 3rd person games... but they did something so immersive with it, I'm glad I gave it a try. Now I understand why it was the right call for this game.

Last edited:
No.

Im playing on an $8k gaming rig with the graphics and RTX all set to as high as they can. yeah i dip to 40fps on occasion but i can live with.
Crashes are getting frustrating but is what it is and bugs the same

But looking past the technical difficulties and being able to play the game. No

as i stated in my own thread, this is a barebones RPG that brings nothing new or exciting to the table and the stuff it does do has games that are a decade old or more do it better.

Very rarely and I knew that was going to be a big issue as soon as they announced the change to only first person. Even so, I didn't think the immersion would be this lacking. I've enjoyed the story mode as much as I could given the way they decided to present it but everything outside of the main story has provided virtually zero immersion for me.

I've said it multiple times in countless ways but the simplest way to say it for me beyond the first person/third person situation is I can't be immersed in a "dark future" that's brighter than modern day. No strippers? Drug dealers that don't sell drugs but instead sell actual health medicine. Unfortunely, I'd have to drink at least two six packs and smoke a fat one before I could be immersed in this "Night City".

Same boat, I love the environment and the world they've created.

It's awesome and at the very least a great visual and environmental tribute to Cyberpunk, Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, and every other cyberpunk-style media that's come before.

I agree with you and feel it also. I love it - it quickly became my favorite game of all time and im excited that it will only get better with patches, updates, DLC, and an eventual plethora of mods. They really made something amazing and special here.

(Actually I loved it so much, that just to support the company I bought it on PC and PS5, then purchased 4 more copies to try and do a small part to help with all the refunds - gave a few out to friends. I never would have even thought out doing something like that in the past, but I want them and this franchise to succeed and grow.)

if they added VR only then would I be truely immersed.

With the way they've created it, that's pretty much it for me too and I'm sure a future VR version had a lot to do with the decision to make it first person only but by all means please feel free to dismiss me and place a tinfoil hat on my head.

With the way they've created it, that's pretty much it for me too and I'm sure a future VR version had a lot to do with the decision to make it first person only but by all means please feel free to dismiss me and place a tinfoil hat on my head.
now I want a tin foil hat in game....

I agree with you and feel it also. I love it - it quickly became my favorite game of all time and im excited that it will only get better with patches, updates, DLC, and an eventual plethora of mods. They really made something amazing and special here.

(Actually I loved it so much, that just to support the company I bought it on PC and PS5, then purchased 4 more copies to try and do a small part to help with all the refunds - gave a few out to friends. I never would have even thought out doing something like that in the past, but I want them and this franchise to succeed and grow.)
I hope you bought CP via gog store because steam takes very big taxes from each sold game.

I hope you bought CP via gog store because steam takes very big taxes from each sold game.
they take 30% but now developers can keep an additional five percent of revenue if their games brings in over $10 million in sales through Steam

I could play like 5-7hours in row, so I think yes? 50-60fps, no crashes, very charming atmosphere of dystopian world. I don't care about hype train and reviews, I already know what to expect from CDPR game.

I am just curious, do you consider the world of GTA for instance to be a dystopian world because other than the cyberpunk skin and paint job, I can't tell the difference between the world of CDPR's "Night City" and Rockstar's game worlds which are satires of the real world. The "dark future" and dystopias is something I've spent probably 25 years contemplating and if this "Night City" is what amounts to the dark future and a dystopia, we are living in a much darker, much more dystopian reality outside of the game and maybe that's why CDPR's "Night City" feels to me like a vacation spot in comparison.

I wish it were dark and dystopian but like I've already said, excluding the paint job I can't tell the difference between this "Night City" and Chicago except that Chicago is much worse.

Yes. Despite being critical of the game in other areas the lack of zone loading, graphics and feel of the game kinda pull me into it. That could just be me though.

Yup, luvin this game, I know it's not as fleshed out as it could be and there's lots of things that can be improved but Night City itself is an amazing piece of design and has completely drawn me into the game, it's the 1st game in a long time that has taken my full attention and stopped me logging into anything else.

I will add that I never really got into the hype buildup to it or checked much footage etc as I wanted to go into this game pretty much blind and experience it without knowing much beforehand and I'm so glad I did, judging from the way some people are complaining about things that are really minor, the games no masterpiece(yet) but it's in no way as bad a game as some people are making it out to be.

I am just curious, do you consider the world of GTA for instance to be a dystopian world because other than the cyberpunk skin and paint job, I can't tell the difference between the world of CDPR's "Night City" and Rockstar's game worlds which are satires of the real world. The "dark future" and dystopias is something I've spent probably 25 years contemplating and if this "Night City" is what amounts to the dark future and a dystopia, we are living in a much darker, much more dystopian reality outside of the game and maybe that's why CDPR's "Night City" feels to me like a vacation spot in comparison.

I wish it were dark and dystopian but like I've already said, excluding the paint job I can't tell the difference between this "Night City" and Chicago except that Chicago is much worse.
Nah, in GTA normal world without anything special. Ok, drugs which allow you to control animals is weird, but that's all.

I enjoy the game so far but as far as immersion goes it's almost non existent. For instance, when you change cyberwear it literally just click and play with no cutscenes or any reaction from NPCs. AI is very simplistic. My lifepath feels meaningless aside from giving an answer with the same non impactful conclusion. Police spawn is a huge problem. Looking at my own shadow is hella funny tho. Also only 2 sex toys? For an environment so saturated with sexual content it feels like a miss.

Nah, in GTA normal world without anything special. Ok, drugs which allow you to control animals is weird, but that's all.

Thank you for answering and I hope you don't mind if I press a little bit but I assure you my only goal is to gain insight and understanding. How is CDPR's Night City any more dystopian than Rockstars game worlds outside of the cyberpunk paint job? I feel quite certain that if the same paint job, cyberpunk aesthetic was used to paint over GTA...there would be virtually little to no difference at all except GTA is probably much more dystopian.

If I am not perceiving things correctly, I'd love to be shown the error of my ways so that I too can enjoy the "dark future" I was so looking forward to for so many years.

Thank you for answering and I hope you don't mind if I press a little bit but I assure you my only goal is to gain insight and understanding. How is CDPR's Night City any more dystopian than Rockstars game worlds outside of the cyberpunk paint job? I feel quite certain that if the same paint job, cyberpunk aesthetic was used to paint over GTA...there would be virtually little to no difference at all except GTA is probably much more dystopian.

If I am not perceiving things correctly, I'd love to be shown the error of my ways so that I too can enjoy the "dark future" I was so looking forward to for so many years.
at first glance, the similarities are striking, but the lore sets it aside from being a gtaV clone, the cut throat/dog eat dog mentality, the oppressive corps( which can be said for gta too), some of the initial dialogue between v and jackie sets out the dystopian atmosphere really well, it's all about opportunities and power, to rise out of the ghetto and become famous/powerful...to be remembered after you die, I could go on, but I feel it's best to suggest you watch the original harrison ford blade runner and read some of the short stories from CP2020. ( if you linked the game with gog, you should have the cp2020 rpg book on pdf, theres tons of lore in there, might help you feel more "immersed" into the game)

Last edited:

Well it seems one man's dystopia is another man's vacation spot and to be honest if Chicago is worse than Night City where cybermad voodoo gangs kidnap people just to turn them into mincemeat for sacred cyber rituals and snuff movie makers have kids kidnapped and killed for profit then I'm striking Chicago from my "Places to visit if Covid ever fucks off" list.

Top Bottom