Does anyone feel totally immersed despite the shortcomings?

+
Not really, no. It's very pretty, but it just doesn't grab me like Witcher 3 did. There's a lot of missed potential for this game to be completely immersive, but, no.

Yeah, even though my game crashes constantly, I'm still enthralled 80 hours in. It's a mix of the world-building, this game being in a genre I love, and the writing and characters.

I love this game despite the many, MANY flaws. It's gonna be a serious contender for a 'great' game once it gets fixed up more and patched for prime time (see: The Witcher 1 and 2's Extended Editions and The Witcher 3 post- expansions).

No never felt immersed... Why is this game only 60GB at launch? With its level of graphics and promised features it would have needed 150GB. Hitman is like 120GB.

It's an extraordinarily looking little puddle (on pc) but that's it..
It's not even a pond, it's a puddle.

The immersion was great during missions but the games pacing is off due to the artificial urgency of the main mission.
It would have been a good experience in a linear game the ludonarrative dissonance is strong in this one.
At least it looks nice but I don't pay 69.99 for nice looks only.

The City is nailed, the world is detailed (even with some areas not being detailed actually), but mostly it works and mostly if you don't try and break the fabric, then the illusion sets in. Driving around the city with a bike is the best way I get immersed, the music, the ride and city all work in favor and create the mixture of 'This is great', but stopping for a sec or doing a side activity is when that fabric is too thin to not accidentally tear.

The graphics are great yeah but nothing really really draws me into the game outside of main and side missions. Immersion only gets so far when you encounter something immersion breaking every 30 seconds.

Now if they only sacrified a bit of that time in getting this game to look so good into general interactivity with objects and npcs, then just maybe I'd be more immersed else it kinda feels like a glorified skyrim.

The City is nailed, the world is detailed (even with some areas not being detailed actually), but mostly it works and mostly if you don't try and break the fabric, then the illusion sets in. Driving around the city with a bike is the best way I get immersed, the music, the ride and city all work in favor and create the mixture of 'This is great', but stopping for a sec or doing a side activity is when that fabric is too thin to not accidentally tear.

Saddly you are the only one driving a bike in this city no other npc ever beside scripted mission events drive a bike

i do feal fully immersed..
why,
because NC is so belivable as a City
in games like GTA V you have like every few 100m 5-10 pedestrians...
it dose feal empty and lifeless at some points

NightCity is vibrand, full of life in the Center... and still not lifeless at the outskirts
there is so much eye to detail
the only thing that dosnt work is the Vehicle AI, sometimes the cars just stop
and iam so happy its a 1st person game...
honestly i kinda hate the 3rd person view

Definitely feel immersed. I've said since I started that it feels like an interactive movie that you just can't stop watching.

I spent 170 hours in the Night City and it's still bothering me, for all the games I have played this one got me like nothing before. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that happened, but I can't pin it down.

I like the game but the fact that almost no choices has any severe impact at all.
There is almost zero branching in any choices made, no locking you out of continuing down that part or needing to find other way.

f.ex. Mass Effect you need to go to the research site through garage, there is like 4 different ways to get access and except like one you can get locked out of the other ones depending on choices.

Or in fallout games there are many choices like this and New Vegas can actually be completed in about 5 minutes by doing the correct choices, which 99% of players miss first time playing because you want to help.

Or like in fallout 3 there is choice that will nuke a whole city of the map and there are many more.

There is no impact anywhere in this game, no matter what you do everything stays the same. There is no early game choice that might make you miss things.

I really was hoping for something interesting hidden somewhere and there is some cars and motorbikes but I was hoping for something more.

Like I been trying to give all the beggars some money hoping maybe that would lead to something eventually.
But the only cool thing like that I found was a cat that moved in with me, I do however wonder if it really is a cat ;)

I was hoping for a bit more like that and also maybe a bit something like in mafia games taking over a gang to get an income or some businesses for extra income because money is a problem when they will patch the duplication glitch.

I would have loved an option to take over the doll house.

I spend a lot of my in-game time just observing, bathing in the lights, sounds, and visions of the night, Blade Runner style, usually on the terrace at V's Mansion...or on skyscraper roofs watching the flying cars and advertising platforms drift past... using the pollution weather mod also.... really adds some haze and fog elements... and rain.. there is such a beauty when it rains...
!!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-16 17-51-45EDIT.png
!!!Cyberpunk2077 2021-01-16 17-38-13EDIT.png

It's hard to get immersed in a game when there is so much crap going on around you that shouldn't be happening. No Pants/T-Pose on a bike, falling through the map, mission items not spawning, AI traffic consistently hitting objects... I don't need to go on. This is such a linear game that it feels like there is no choice or consequence. Heck, even the original Mass Effect had some harder choices which altered the game and that was made back in 2007!

I feel immersed, yes. The flair of NC is awesome and you can see lots of Cyberpunk-themed bits and parts everywhere.

Today ... I was on my way to go to sleep ... I found a new quest mark on the map, thought of the monk. ... I found a BD dealer ... Started a Side Quest and my sleep was postponed for 1h. Yeah I feel immersed.

Regards

I don't know if it's that I've just been waiting for a world that looks and feels like this (easily convinced by aesthetics, lol), or what, but I feel so immersed in this game, in a way that you get immersed in a movie just from watching.

The world just feels so compelling, there are so many tantalizing details that draw you in. Even if it is ultimately empty, my imagination fills up half the details, because my brain seems to be convinced that this is a consistent, real-enough experience; to me, this is the magic of videogames. I'm grateful for Cyberpunk 2077 for taking me back to that place of imagination, for bringing me that sensation I've been missing for so long, that I first fell in love with on the train ride into Black Mesa.

No. I dont feel immersed. Too many issues constantly at my face. Can't properly walk. Can't drink drinks. Brainless AI, plot holes, huge disparity between cinematic scenes and rest of the game.

Tonight I finally pushed myself to finish the main story. Even that didn't go properly, as one scene bugged out (PC) and I had to reload an autosave. So much for immersion..

Not feeling immersed is one of my biggest issues with the game. The magic just isn't there. NC doesn't feel like a real place. All The Witcher games nailed this. 2077 doesn't.

Top Bottom