Does anyone play move-deck?

+
Despite losing Iorveth from movement, I'm having a lot more fun with it now than the previous patch.

New Marksman, Aard, Zoltan are all really strong, and Francesca with Ithlinne allow guaranteed ability to quen marksman and blue mountain commandos.

Still not fully happy with everything in my deck but its not weak and I've had some surprising success over the meta decks (players tend to underestimate and overcommit).

Edit - here's the deck I'm currently playing http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21782-movement-control

Last edited:
No Title

Post-patch Movement is much more versatile. Currently I'm at rank 16 with a net positive in the Win/Loss and I think my deck can go up to 19-20 if you hit the right combos.

My movement is very aggressive with an emphasis on moving/controlling opponents to trigger my Dol Blathanna Marksmen, and trying to group high value targets on a single row for big damage opportunities with weather and Trappers. I use Francesca and Saskia 1st round to try and set up my hand, and I always cycle out the Mercenaries first because I can always bring them back with Agitators. You need as many of your Marksman as possible, and if you can, make a 4th with Operator. However, with this deck there are multiple combos you can make around your Marksmen, so don't spend too much time setting things up with Francesca/Saskia/Operator that you let your opponent rack up big points early, because you can save the Mulligans for later and set stuff up after you know what you're up against. Instead you can use what combos you can to keep them in check. For example, play two Marksman than a spying Melana. Setting Melena up early can usually interrupt whatever your opponent was trying to do and they will have to address her, and they will either shut down both Marksman or Melena, which is fine! If they shut down Melena you can still follow up with Brigades or Agitator/Mercenaries or even Zoltan/Aard ( as long as you have Renew! ), and if they shut down your Marksman then you still have an active Melena setting up big plays with your Trappers and Specials. Getting a first round win is huge, because with Operator and Renew you can repeat your combos. If you lose, make sure that they earn it ( but try to maintain at least one combo for 3rd round ), because forcing them to Lock or kill your Marksman can open up the very same combos later.

This deck works well against Consumption / Weather, and pretty well against most Skellige and Nilfgaard archetypes. A lot of the Skellige combos are dependent on positioning so disrupt them by being reactive and moving key cards. You can move out of weather or remove it with Brigade. And consuming is easy to counter because this deck works best the more units there are on the board and you can move consuming cards around before their abilities trigger. Generally you can handle Nilfgaard, but they can get cheeky with Assassins and Avallac'h and the new deck clearing mechanic can be dangerous. If they're reusing Avallac'h and Magne Division, you NEED to kill Avallac'h. If you can't and they're forcing you to empty their deck, save Melena and your weather cards for third round, because they WILL empty your deck and you'll be at a disadvantage, but if have Skellige Storm and White Frost out and have Melena out moving people around, you might be able to keep their cards in check. Unfortunately, most Nilfgaardian cards are agile so if they're smart they'll just stack their units. Don't worry about Reveal decks. I've had two Reveal opponents forfeit after revealing all of my cards.

Northern Realms are always challenging now because there are so many different decks to plays against now. If they're boosting, try and target the cards they are boosting while setting up the boosted cards to whittle them down and group them up for row damage. If they're applying armor, try to break as much armor as possible. This deck has a high ceiling to deal damage and if you hit the right combos you can break enough to do damage. I know some cards WANT to have their armor broken, but break it on your terms because the Heavy Calvary is what you really need to worry about. If you want, I've had SOME success with playing Morenn third round and killing Shani, but you have to have some luck. ( I rotate her in with White Frost, you can't use Trappers on rows with White Frost ).

Let me know what you guys think! This mechanic is very fun and you can tweak it in so many ways. I have another where instead of Trappers and Agitators, I use Wardancers and Commandos so I can either Buff or Damage based on movement and I had A TON of success with that versatility until the new Armor meta came into place and I had to commit to countering it with damage.

Attachments

• photo169031.png
    photo169031.png
    681 KB · Views: 36
kcramthun;n9491381 said:
Post-patch Movement is much more versatile. Currently I'm at rank 16 with a net positive in the Win/Loss and I think my deck can go up to 19-20 if you hit the right combos.

My movement is very aggressive with an emphasis on moving/controlling opponents to trigger my Dol Blathanna Marksmen, and trying to group high value targets on a single row for big damage opportunities with weather and Trappers. I use Francesca and Saskia 1st round to try and set up my hand, and I always cycle out the Mercenaries first because I can always bring them back with Agitators. You need as many of your Marksman as possible, and if you can, make a 4th with Operator. However, with this deck there are multiple combos you can make around your Marksmen, so don't spend too much time setting things up with Francesca/Saskia/Operator that you let your opponent rack up big points early, because you can save the Mulligans for later and set stuff up after you know what you're up against. Instead you can use what combos you can to keep them in check. For example, play two Marksman than a spying Melana. Setting Melena up early can usually interrupt whatever your opponent was trying to do and they will have to address her, and they will either shut down both Marksman or Melena, which is fine! If they shut down Melena you can still follow up with Brigades or Agitator/Mercenaries or even Zoltan/Aard ( as long as you have Renew! ), and if they shut down your Marksman then you still have an active Melena setting up big plays with your Trappers and Specials. Getting a first round win is huge, because with Operator and Renew you can repeat your combos. If you lose, make sure that they earn it ( but try to maintain at least one combo for 3rd round ), because forcing them to Lock or kill your Marksman can open up the very same combos later.

This deck works well against Consumption / Weather, and pretty well against most Skellige and Nilfgaard archetypes. A lot of the Skellige combos are dependent on positioning so disrupt them by being reactive and moving key cards. You can move out of weather or remove it with Brigade. And consuming is easy to counter because this deck works best the more units there are on the board and you can move consuming cards around before their abilities trigger. Generally you can handle Nilfgaard, but they can get cheeky with Assassins and Avallac'h and the new deck clearing mechanic can be dangerous. If they're reusing Avallac'h and Magne Division, you NEED to kill Avallac'h. If you can't and they're forcing you to empty their deck, save Melena and your weather cards for third round, because they WILL empty your deck and you'll be at a disadvantage, but if have Skellige Storm and White Frost out and have Melena out moving people around, you might be able to keep their cards in check. Unfortunately, most Nilfgaardian cards are agile so if they're smart they'll just stack their units. Don't worry about Reveal decks. I've had two Reveal opponents forfeit after revealing all of my cards.

Northern Realms are always challenging now because there are so many different decks to plays against now. If they're boosting, try and target the cards they are boosting while setting up the boosted cards to whittle them down and group them up for row damage. If they're applying armor, try to break as much armor as possible. This deck has a high ceiling to deal damage and if you hit the right combos you can break enough to do damage. I know some cards WANT to have their armor broken, but break it on your terms because the Heavy Calvary is what you really need to worry about. If you want, I've had SOME success with playing Morenn third round and killing Shani, but you have to have some luck. ( I rotate her in with White Frost, you can't use Trappers on rows with White Frost ).

Let me know what you guys think! This mechanic is very fun and you can tweak it in so many ways. I have another where instead of Trappers and Agitators, I use Wardancers and Commandos so I can either Buff or Damage based on movement and I had A TON of success with that versatility until the new Armor meta came into place and I had to commit to countering it with damage.

I kind of lost interest in Trappers as they can often be a weak play.

On the flipside Quen is so damn useful right now, against assassins in particular. I was using Renew previously in place of Saskia, but preferred the ability to guarantee more Marksmen in hand, especially for the late game.

Yeah this deck totally ****s up Greatswords/Ships and stuff like Vran that require being in a certain place.

I'm currently still climbing ranked following the patch (only around r8 so far) but have had a pretty much solid win streak over the last few days of playing - against all factions. Personally I think the mirror match is probably the hardest thing to play against given how complex it could become, though I haven't run into that yet. I imagine as movement might grow in popularity since this patch that there could be a higher chance of facing off against it.

I rely on sages and maruaders to milk boosts and vrihedd brigades to dodge weather. I'm commenting because I just recently unlocked Zoltan Chivay and started using Marksman and commandos. Only using a few move cards in my deck but they can add a lot power. Balance out forcing your enemy to move and moving your own units. (esp. against Ske. and Monsters) I just made this move deck based off my most powerful ST combos. (Currently working on specific unlocks like the silver dwarf tht moves everything on his row.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom