Does CDPR have plans to add modding support for console versions of the game?

+

Does CDPR have plans to add modding support for console versions of the game?

• Yes, add both

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No, add neither

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Add Mods but not cheats

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Add cheats but not mods

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don't mind to be honest

• Other (Add below)

• Total voters
I find this game incredible. I have all the DLC and I think if let users play PC Mods on Consoles like Bethesda does... That would be incredible.

It sure would be. It's quite a shame that it'll most likely never happen. :/

Fingers crossed for a change of heart from C.D.P.R., in the future, yeah?

With games like this that I know I will want to mod, I just get them on PC in the first place. What motivation is there to get it on console rather than PC? Is there some advantage I'm not aware of? I know some games are released slightly earlier on console, but for a game worth 200 hours or more of gameplay I'd expect it to be worth the wait...

They should addthe function to Witcher 3 like betheda does it for their planned improved remaster fpr Elder Scrolls Skyrim on PS4/X1 which allows you on the consoles via internet to download Mods that have been invented originally for PC and have been converted over to work for the consoles as well

they need also to release finalyl the red kit, so that Modders in the world can work on new player custom content for the game as well as also like bug fixes ect so that the devs don't have to do all th tiem the work for fixing bugs ect. and make patches with silyl certification processces from Sony/MS, but with the redkit and modders being able to share their custom made works with everyone with a system ,that allows players to use all these Mods also for the console versions, CDPR would be able then to focus alot more on workign on Cyberpunk, while the Witcher 3 community woudl receive more power to maintain itself with new content and fixes via the help of many skilled Modders and Programmers that are out there...

What Betheda can and will provides us on PS47X1 with access to all the PC Mods to customize ypour game or to enable to to use various "Cheats" if you want to get that way more fun out of the game for you, then i think something like that should be easily possible for CDP do do so as well for this game

I think its a very necessary step for Witcher 3 to make the game for the future more independent without that devs have to keep permanently they eyes on the game due to havign to make patches for fixing alot of things.

that way could receive this game also many improvements for that CDPR seems to be not willing anymore to invest any effort into the game, because they are already too much focused on working on cyberpunk 2077 and the idea to stop with the witcher universe

@Orpheal: See above. DRMed consoles don't allow real modding, and require to pass everything through a gatekeeper. The bottom line for all such further questions - if you care about modding, use systems which don't require any gatekeeper to permit you what to install and how.

---------- Updated at 12:57 PM ----------

they need also to release finalyl the red kit, so that Modders in the world can work on new player custom content for the game as well as also like bug fixes ect so that the devs don't have to do all th tiem the work for fixing bugs ect. and make patches with silyl certification processces from Sony/MS, but with the redkit and modders being able to share their custom made works with everyone with a system ,that allows players to use all these Mods also for the console versions,

REDkit is a separate topic, but modders can't provide mods for console versions, except if they go through Sony and MS (i.e. all the same "silly certification" as you called it). Most modders wouldn't bother wasting their time on that, since they can apply it more productively.

As @Nolenthar said above, if you want a console that allows installing mods, get a Steam Machine (or build one yourself).

Last edited:
hmm, ok, seemed I guess easier, than it looks it really is or better said gives you the impression that it must be possible, when developrs liek Betheda can do it ..so I see with my simple understandign of these things no reason, why CDPR shouldnt be able to do so as well for Witcher 3, unless there are maybe some kind of technical limitations that CDPR can't overcome that Bethesda can whyever :D

hmm, ok, seemed I guess easier, than it looks it really is or better said gives you the impression that it must be possible, when developrs liek Betheda can do it ..so I see with my simple understandign of these things no reason, why CDPR shouldnt be able to do so as well for Witcher 3, unless there are maybe some kind of technical limitations that CDPR can't overcome that Bethesda can whyever

No, you're absolutely right. CDPR can perfectly build a system where mod would be allowed on console. However, this would require a total revamp of their modding system.

1. The Witcher 3 is not mod friendly. Irrelevant of what talented, dedicated, and patient modders have been doing with TW3, which to be fair is absolutely stunning and amazing, The Witcher 3 is absolutely not mod friendly. Textures mods are ok. Scripts mods (aka. any gameplay mod) are really not easy to handle. Even PC users, generally more tech savvy, struggles with those. Console users would be a laugh.
2. Console modding ability would have to be done from the get go. Agreements with Microsoft / Sony would have to be obtained. Bethesda went through the bother because their games shine thanks to modding (without mods, they are generally ok-ish crap-ish, outdated). Modding provides an excellent bump in popularity for their games.

Top Bottom