Does Ceallach have any use?

+
Does Ceallach have any use?

Ceallach seems to be pretty useless right now. Calling back 2 bronze spies can almost never be a good thing to do for a NG spy deck since you can't trigger emissaries and ambassadors on your side/graveyard with your vicovaro medic/novice.
He should either have effort: strengthen/boost self by X to make up for actually creating a disadvantage by basically removing the 2 spies from the game (which can only be ambassador/emissary. Or cow carcass, but you really don't want that on your side); you only get 12 power out of it, assuming you already played at least 2 spies in this round.
Playing Gold/silver spies and demoting them doesn't even work because you can't them down to bronze.
Did i just miss something or is he actually useless?

Well if your opponent plays Triss: Butt, the spies will surely get stronger as the round goes on.
But yeah, he's kinda shit at the moment.

Useless??? Think again!
This guy is tragically underrated and swing-wins games in combo with Fringilla.
Need more details or figured it out?

well if there are 2 two-strength spies on your opponents side,you play him as last card on the round,he is 8 strength,-4 from your opponent,so thats 12,+4 to your side,so thats 16. 16 strength differential is more than average for a silver card.and thats without taking into consideration that the 2 spies might have been accidentally been buffed by cards like commanders horn,or odrin,or redanian knight-elect, or whatever.you dont play him in the middle of the round,you play him as a last card of the round.

His problem is that Nilfgaard has so many awesome silver cards that nearly noone plays him. He's not bad though.

At first I thought it was a replacement for Treason, basically instead of a special that takes a spy and adds 8, now we have a body of 8 that takes a spy.. or two. Then i noticed it doesn't work on silver.
Maybe Treason was too strong but this guy is too weak tbh.

I actually played against 2 opponents who used him today. He was played last turn in round 2 in both games, and while it did make me play 2 more cards to win the round, I'm not sure if keeping him in hand for potentially the whole game was really worth it. Other silvers would've probably been better, even though he was played in the ideal scenario(apart from fringilla combo; speeking of which, I'm assuming she will get nerfed since she's extremely strong on her own)

Last edited:
Top Bottom