Does changing my difficulty during the game negate the walked the path achievement?

+
I'm level 9 about to level up to level 10 and I just now realized I'm playing on the lowest difficulty... "just for the story". So I changed the difficulty to death march and overwrited that save with this difficulty. Did I negate or make the "walk the path" achievement void by doing this? If so, anyone have any ideas how I should go about to continue the game? Help appreciated.

As far as I know, if you switched the difficulty during a play-through, the achievement won't trigger. You need to play on Death March from start to finish.

Yep. Also, if you begin an NG+ using that save, I don't think that will count either. It has to be Deathmarch from the prologue (Geralt, Level 1) to the end, as far as I know.

I remember doing some research before going for that achievement myself, and yes, you do need to be on Death March from the very beginning to the very end (of the main story).

NG+ on DM should unlock the trophy though. I dug around some and found people saying they got the trophy/achievement on a NG+ save.

NG+ on DM can be really, really brutal (unless you have a super strong build that just mows down all enemies). DM without NG+ also gets really brutal at higher levels, again unless your Geralt is super powerful.

If you don't mind playing through the game more than once I'd say it's better to just continue with your current save. That will allow you to turn down the difficulty if a fight seems impossibly difficult without needing to worry about the achievement. Knowing what to expect would make a second playthrough, NG+ or not, that much easier.

NG+ on DM should unlock the trophy though. I dug around some and found people saying they got the trophy/achievement on a NG+ save.

Can confirm this. I did it that way.

NG+ on DM can be really, really brutal (unless you have a super strong build that just mows down all enemies). DM without NG+ also gets really brutal at higher levels, again unless your Geralt is super powerful.

Yeah, remember being one hit killed by a common bandit using light armor. Without quen it would have been torture.

Can confirm this. I did it that way.

Thus, I am wrong again. (Fist pump.)

NG+ on DM can be really, really brutal
eah, remember being one hit killed by a common bandit using light armor. Without quen it would have been torture.

Yeah, especially at the highest levels with enemy scaling on -- I remember people discussing how Geralt in mastercrafted armor at level 90+ could be one-shot-killed by a rat. The game definitely does funny things at the 'nth degrees of NG+.

Personally, I think it's still much easier than the Witcher 2 on dark difficulty. Actually even hard was already too hard for me. I was never really able to figure the combat system out in the Witcher 2.

Top Bottom