Does Cyberpunk 2077 really deserve to be on the worst games of the year list?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

I mean we all knew it would be here as Jim seemed to have a hate boner for the game even before it released and now that the game has released with a few problems Jim gets to dance around and pretend that he was right all along! But is Cyberpunk 2077 really that bad? I mean I have not played the PS4 and Xbox One versions so maybe a case could be made for them but as far as the PC version goes it isn't a "bad" game by any stretch of the imagination. Sure the PC version has it's issues and does not quite live upto the quality standards of certain games released before it but it sure as hell isn't a "bad" game let alone one of the worst in the year, seems like it is mostly here because of the mountain that was made out of the molehill that is crunch and non issues such as trans representation which are completely unfair as Cyberpunk has a far more positive inclusion of trans people than most other video games out there.

Am I missing something in regards to crunch? I mean yeah everyone hates working overtime and probably the amount they do in the games industry might be a little excessive but are they not still getting paid overtime rates for crunch? I am not sure what Polish labour laws look like but in Australia you do have to pay overtime rates for any overtime work yet people seem to be implying that those doing crunch aren't getting paid at all?

I tried to watch enough to see what he was saying, but Jim's representation style is just so annoying and pretentious, I just couldn't do it.

But, no, I don't think it's *that* bad.
I think it would have been met with decent reception, if it didn't have the baggage of so much hype and so many unmet promises.

In order for something to genuinely belong on a "worst games" list it has to be something that nobody even wastes their anger on. Apathy is the truest form of disdain.

So no, Cyberpunk doesn't belong on a worst games list. People are just pissed that something they were expecting to rank high among the best games ever made isn't living up to expectations.

they should have call it an early access from the start and be done with it .They behaved like an unxperienced indie company and they are paying the price .BALDURS GATE 3 asks 60 bucks for the early access and you cant even finish the game ,i don't see anyone complaining....

I tried to watch enough to see what he was saying, but Jim's representation style is just so annoying and pretentious, I just couldn't do it.

Most of the video is about other games that released this year but if you are looking for the part specifically about Cyberpunk then you can skip to 11:11

To sum it up though, basically it is mostly PS4 and Xbox One versions bad, CDPR hid PS4 and Xbox One versions because they knew they were bad, CDPR is bad because they pretend to be for the gamers but the PS4 and Xbox One versions show that they are not, the "gamers"TM are bad because they defend CDPR and I was right because I said CDPR is transphobic and crunch.

they should have call it an early access from the start and be done with it .They behaved like an unxperienced indie company and they are paying the price .BALDURS GATE 3 asks 60 bucks for the early access and you cant even finish the game ,i don't see anyone complaining....

Absolutely true, all of this outrage is idiotic, you can release a completely unfinished game, charge full price, even have it go on sale and nobody complains about it if you call it early access. We're probably just going to reach a point where that's what every company does to indemnify themselves from idiotic outrage mobs.

In order for something to genuinely belong on a "worst games" list it has to be something that nobody even wastes their anger on. Apathy is the truest form of disdain.

So no, Cyberpunk doesn't belong on a worst games list. People are just pissed that something they were expecting to rank high among the best games ever made isn't living up to expectations.
I agree. You can make the argument, that Cyberpunk might be one of the bigger disappointments (thanks to sky-high expectations), but the true worst games are the ones no one even bother to touch.

Absolutely true, all of this outrage is idiotic, you can release a completely unfinished game, charge full price, even have it go on sale and nobody complains about it if you call it early access. We're probably just going to reach a point where that's what every company does to indemnify themselves from idiotic outrage mobs.
But when you promise it is ready and market it as the next gen RPG, then you are hated if none of the mentioned is true

I personally don't think that it matters what reviews or YouTubers think of anything. At the end of the day, opinions are very subjective and one person's game of the year is a disaster for another. I watch reviews to get a gist of something new but never put any weight on what the person believes the game to be like because it's a high possibility my view will be different from theirs.

BALDURS GATE 3 asks 60 bucks for the early access and you cant even finish the game ,i don't see anyone complaining....

Then you did not look hard enough,

"game is Divinity Original Sin 2.5"
"game is $60 for early access"
"game is full of bugs" (I mean what the hell were you expecting from an early access title?)
"Larian made a tongue in cheek joke about how most players create the most boring character in the character creator but I am going to pretend this is about identity politics and kick up a stink"

No, it should not.

Why? Because its only been out just over two weeks....thats not enough time to throw in the towel just yet. Many many games have had bad launches. They turned it around over a period of time. Why label a game bad just over a crappy launch.

Remember WoW back in 2004 when it launched? Pure crapola. Did it get a bad game review over it?

I think a game to be put on a bad game list would be the ones that just refuse to deal with their problems. The ones that continue to let what made them bad fester even more. CP2077 hasnt been out near long enough to even prove itself yet.

If a bad game list comes out next year this time or even a bit sooner....and things arent dealt with here then yes.....this one deserves the number one spot. But i would just recommend the games that have been out for at least a bit longer be judged first....CP2077 can be a candidate next time around.

But when you promise it is ready and market it as the next gen RPG, then you are hated if none of the mentioned is true

And you're also hated when you delay the game. It's almost like you can't win when outrage fuels the attention economy of the internet.

For me, out of what I've played this year it's been a better game than Valhalla that's for sure. It's not the game I expected it to be but it's not the worst thing I've played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom