Does Cyberpunk 2077 really deserve to be on the worst games of the year list?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely yes, because it's his point of view, his opinion. For me Spiderman (the new ones from Sony) are so mediocre games. For me Cyberpunk is one of the best story games I ever played, despite all the mistakes they made and I can't wait for future patches. And I wasn't hyped at all before release, I was really skeptical - Funny isn't it? All overhyped people are mad right now. Hmm..

Also I understand why he put Cyberpunk on the list, not because of "unplayable" state or whatever he is saying there (I'm not watching any of Jim's videos, he is so annoying imho) but because it's cool if you start spit on something what people hate right now. Everyone hated The Division or Anthem (and other games) and we made jokes and memes. Now it's Cyberpunk and next is Elden Ring. Also.. Jim is "famous with low scores to AAA games", so I'm not surprised.

EDIT: and this was his goal - people will share this video, because it's controversial and he'll get views

One of the worst releases?? Sure why not

One of the worst games?? Not by a long shot

But it all personally opinion and nothing more so ultimately useless to anyone but those in your echo chamber slapping your back

I don't know man it hurts to think about it to be honest, one thing i can say is that i believe in the future of this game

Definitely yes, because it's his point of view, his opinion. For me Spiderman (the new ones from Sony) are so mediocre games. For me Cyberpunk is one of the best story games I ever played, despite all the mistakes they made and I can't wait for future patches. And I wasn't hyped at all before release, I was really skeptical - Funny isn't it? All overhyped people are mad right now. Hmm..

Also I understand why he put Cyberpunk on the list, not because of "unplayable" state or whatever he is saying there (I'm not watching any of Jim's videos, he is so annoying imho) but because it's cool if you start spit on something what people hate right now. Everyone hated The Division or Anthem (and other games) and we made jokes and memes. Now it's Cyberpunk and next is Elden Ring. Also.. Jim is "famous with low scores to AAA games", so I'm not surprised.

Funny how everyone who took CDPRs marketing up till one month before release at face value (wich means they trusted them) is now being blamed for it instead of CDPR who obviously made misleading promises and in many cases outright lied... funny how blame is shiftet away from the billion dollar company towards the paying customer who has been deceived... funny how the rightfully disappointed get ridiculed by those who are easily entertained by mediocracy... Hmm...

One of the worst for sure, both in its mechanics and plot, not to mention the crunch and the greed of the company ( both somehowed hidden behind the circlejerk of twitter ).
So yeah, it deserves what it's getting but not the worst of the year. It will be ridicolous however to even have it as a candidate for GOTY 2021 given everything that it's happening.

I have only played one other game released this year so I really have no benchmark for comparison. It is not, in my opinion, a BAD game, at least not on PC. I wouldn't have sunk over 100 hours into it otherwise. But it's a lot less than what I, and I suspect millions of others, were expecting.

The only other game of 2020 I've played was Crusader Kings 3. And that game, though similarly buggy and unbalanced on release, has proven much, much, MUCH more in line with the marketing and my personal expectations than this. I can see myself playing Crusader Kings 3 on and off for years to come as it continues to grow and evolve.

I cannot say the same for Cyberpunk. I'm currently playing a second time to try out a slightly different build, and MAY come back to it for a third in a year or two to see how things have changed.

But at this point I feel I've pretty much milked the game for almost all it has to offer, and see little reason to follow it further as the fundamental gameplay, content, and story WILL NOT change. So on the basis of meeting expectations and future potential, I have to give my vote to Crusader Kings.

Does that mean CP is the WORST game of the year? Hell, I don't know. Probably not. But at the very least it doesn't feel remotely close to what was advertised to us, which loses it a lot of brownie points in my book.

Funny how everyone who took CDPRs marketing up till one month before release at face value (wich means they trusted them) is now being blamed for it instead of CDPR who obviously made misleading promises and in many cases outright lied... funny how blame is shiftet away from the billion dollar company towards the paying customer who has been deceived... funny how the rightfully disappointed get ridiculed by those who are easily entertained by mediocracy... Hmm...
Well, it's the cynics hour now! That's what always happens when another, little part of the social contract dies... ;)

This generation of gamers don't understand what it's like to truly play a bad game. This game has issues, but it is far above the level of worst game(s).

However, I couldn't say about this year specifically as I really haven't bought any new games in a good while. I can easily imagine there being worse games that have come out this year, though.

This generation of gamers don't understand what it's like to truly play a bad game. This game has issues, but it is far above the level of worst game(s).

However, I couldn't say about this year specifically as I really haven't bought any new games in a good while. I can easily imagine there being worse games that have come out this year, though.

I played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines at launch and was far more entertained by it then by Cyberpunk 2077... still replay Bloodlines every two years or so... can't see myself replay Cyberpunk 2077 again in the future (at least not the version we got now)!

Ofcourse there are way shittier games out there, but you have to take into account that this is coming not from some random indie company with 5 developers but from fully fledged triple a company who invested massive ammounts of money into the game

I don't think that, objectively, the game can be considered worst of the year.

Despite all it's flaws, it's still enjoyable. It's just lightyears away from what it could've been.

Ouch!

How the mighty have fallen...
Your fanbase, of which I was one, were warning you about removing
all this original content that was initially promised.
Then you got arrogant and claimed it was all in the name of "Immersion".
How's that "Immersion" working for you...By the way?
I'd say, at this point, you earned a spot on the Worst Games of the Year List.
Wear it proud!

They knew exactly what they were doing with the non-stop marketing, the special edition CYBERPUNK consoles that would turn out to barely run the game. The hype-videos designed to win awards at E3, but were full of mechanics that would never be in the game. Not improved and refined, they were just straight up all stripped out.

This isn't some bargin bin game you try spend $4 bucks on and hope to get an hour or two of fun out of.

Maybe you're right, it's not the worst game of 2020. The award should be that CDPR is the worst developer of 2020.

I played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines at launch and was far more entertained by it then by Cyberpunk 2077... still replay Bloodlines every two years or so... can't see myself replay Cyberpunk 2077 again in the future (at least not the version we got now)!
Bloodlines was in a much more sorry state at release than Cyberpunk is today

Not even close, I think there are people out there rooting for it to fail because of the anticipation that built. People forget how buggy games like Skyrim were at release and I don't remember the pitchfork mobs going after that game.

It's a good game and getting better with each update.

Bloodlines was in a much more sorry state at release than Cyberpunk is today

Yes it was horrible and got dropped by the defuncted studio shortly after... that is my point! It was a buggy unplayable mess and was/is STILL more entertaining than CDPRs lackluster mediocre forgettable attempt at an action adventure looter shooter or what ever Cyberpunk 20077 is suppose to be now! While i replayed VTMB just this year i can not see myself replaying Cyberpunk 2077 10 years from now... that was my argument!

Last edited:
Worst Game Launch.................YES.......

Does it fit the theme of 2020.....YES..

Is it the worse game NO!!

This game has awesome potential and with the proper time and Care it can be the game of the Decade!!
Has alot of potential what they do with it is the question!

Do they pick themselves up off the floor and roll there sleeves up or quit.. It's CDPR they can do it!

I hope they do!

Funny how you putting words is my mouth, am I blaming anyone in my post? No. I know they fcked up, but story was for me still one of the best I ever played and I hope they will fix all issues, sooner or later.. well, true.. is it's already late. So should I constantly blame CDPR for their mistakes and I can't even say I liked story and it's funny how people which were overhyped are now disappointed? If I understood correctly.

Never trust no one! After missing footage from base consoles (ehm we saw disgusting draw distance, missing shadows and even more on PS4 Pro and PS5 (Xbox One X and Series)), game with sh*ton of bugs and glitches named Witcher 3 on release, announcing missing features and more made me skeptical and I got hated for unpopular opinion. I see nothing changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom