Does Cyberpunk 2077 support gyro aim on consoles?

+
Maybe it has already been discussed, but i wonder if Cyberpunk 2077 supports gyro aim on consoles?
More people are talking about it and i find using gyro with thumbsticks way better than only thumbsticks. It's faster and more precise, takes less time to get used to it and is the only thing that can compete with mouse and keyboard. As gamers, we should have every opportunity for a comfortable play and it's sad that gyro aim barely gets any recognition

Guest 4406876

I tried to use the Gyro out of curiosity and it's a pain for the wrist. Nothing beats a mouse. Or a Pad for analog movement. And since it's a single player game I'll use the pad even on PC for the sake of analog driving and movements.

I tried to use the Gyro out of curiosity and it's a pain for the wrist. Nothing beats a mouse. Or a Pad for analog movement. And since it's a single player game I'll use the pad even on PC for the sake of analog driving and movements.
I guess it depends on fow it's done. Some of the games don't have sensitivity for gyro aim. Usually you don't have to turn your wrist that wide. What game did you play and was there sensitivity slider?

Last edited:

Guest 4406876

I guess it depends on fow it's done. Some of the games don't have sensitivity for gyro aim. Usually you don't have to turn your wrist that wide. What game did you play and was there sensitivity slider?
I played Ride on pc using the PS pad emulator on steam and the stand alone one. I also tried to play Space Hulk Deathwing but I didn't find it comfortable. I tried adjusting the settings but it gets twitchy and too fast. Personally i prefer the mouse. For me actually the best solution would be something like the Razer mini keyboard on my left hand but with an analog stick for movement and the mouse to aim. I don't know if something like this exist but it would be the best from both worlds, at least for SP games or games where you need to use the analog pad in general.

I played Ride on pc using the PS pad emulator on steam and the stand alone one. I also tried to play Space Hulk Deathwing but I didn't find it comfortable. I tried adjusting the settings but it gets twitchy and too fast. Personally i prefer the mouse. For me actually the best solution would be something like the Razer mini keyboard on my left hand but with an analog stick for movement and the mouse to aim. I don't know if something like this exist but it would be the best from both worlds, at least for SP games or games where you need to use the analog pad in general.
I see. Thete really is no match for mouse. I played on it the whole decade, i know. But when it comes to console shooting, gyro is amazing. You just need to give it more time, you wont even realize that you've become better at it

New to the forums but want to revitalize this as its a major key interest of mine with the PS5 version presumably on the horizon for release. TLOU2 and Days Gone implemented Gyro Aim. Though far from perfect (was too slow sensitivity at max sensitivity and needed more gyro options in general for fine tuning), it was still TREMENDOUSLY better than traditional stick aiming.

So I was wondering, does CDPR have any intentions on releasing a Gyro aiming option on consoles?

Along with this, could we see a potential implementation of flick stick as well?

Seriously, for console, gyro aim really needs to start being heavily embraced by devs. Its potential is quite tremendous vs traditional stick methods of aiming. Just need expanded sensitivity settings. Along with sensitivity, an option for right stick (macro aim) "freezing" or shutting off gyro aim when its in use. I dont like this but Days Gone does this and could see some people preferring it. TLOU2 keeps gyro always active while using right thumbstick which is preferable. Plus, with sensitivity, have different options based on zoom levels.

If CDPR needs to hear from more fans in order to look into this feature more, ill throw my voice in here.

Gyro Aim is a MUST! Its literally game changing. I think what people arent comprehending here, is we're not asking for gyro aiming as a primary input. (I feel like thats the misunderstanding, and why people claim gyro is a gimmick)

Its Gyro "ASSISTED" aiming.

youre still using the sticks to aim and move, but having gyro allows you to aim and move in fast paced scenarios while having a fine tune aim "assist" via gyro.

Horizon Forbidden West is the best and latest example of Gyro aim-assist done well.

Running, sliding, Riding Machines, jumping, gliding... all while trying to aim at a tiny weak point with the joystick alone is not perfect. Youre either making broad motions and over correcting your aim, or tapping the stick and hoping some sort of "auto-aim-lock-on" occurs to help.

But with Gyro, you still push the stick as close to the area you want, and the GYRO allows you to perform the smaller precision adjustments needed for better accuracy.

It gives you FAR more precision than sticks alone, and without cheap "auto aim"

Its such a good feature that i stand 100% with the people saying that it needs to be adopted by all ps5 games going forward. And anyone who says differently, i challenge you, go play Horizon Forbidden West, play with the Gyro aiming for an hour or two...

then, turn off all gyro aiming and play for another hour. If youre still not convinced gyro aiming is amazing, then im sorry, im not sure anything will convince you. Lol

If CDPR needs to hear from more fans in order to look into this feature more, ill throw my voice in here.

Gyro Aim is a MUST! Its literally game changing. I think what people arent comprehending here, is we're not asking for gyro aiming as a primary input. (I feel like thats the misunderstanding, and why people claim gyro is a gimmick)

Its Gyro "ASSISTED" aiming.

youre still using the sticks to aim and move, but having gyro allows you to aim and move in fast paced scenarios while having a fine tune aim "assist" via gyro.

Horizon Forbidden West is the best and latest example of Gyro aim-assist done well.

Running, sliding, Riding Machines, jumping, gliding... all while trying to aim at a tiny weak point with the joystick alone is not perfect. Youre either making broad motions and over correcting your aim, or tapping the stick and hoping some sort of "auto-aim-lock-on" occurs to help.

But with Gyro, you still push the stick as close to the area you want, and the GYRO allows you to perform the smaller precision adjustments needed for better accuracy.

It gives you FAR more precision than sticks alone, and without cheap "auto aim"

Its such a good feature that i stand 100% with the people saying that it needs to be adopted by all ps5 games going forward. And anyone who says differently, i challenge you, go play Horizon Forbidden West, play with the Gyro aiming for an hour or two...

then, turn off all gyro aiming and play for another hour. If youre still not convinced gyro aiming is amazing, then im sorry, im not sure anything will convince you. Lol
This. Though its technically superior to traditional stick aiming, it does not mean it replaces it. Its all about increased accessibility. I do not care for the current controls for this game on a controller--many devs struggle to find the sweet spot like CoD has done for aiming with traditional sticks. Gyro aim could solve that problem if implemented even semi well with the necessary settings to make adjustments.

And for those curious about it, its not an overnight thing you can learn. You have to be willing to break some habits from how you typically use a controller. Once you get use to it (and it may take a week or even longer), its so much closer to using a mouse. The freedom i have with my right thumb to allow me to do movements like bunny hop or slide and gyro aim handles the "flicking" to aim, its just tremendously better and smoother.

The only 'problem' I see it is that this is PlayStation only, but otherwise I am for the implementation of this. But as I did in the last topic (no one was able to answer there) - how easy/hard is it to implement?

Though looking to jump back into the DLC for sure, still hoping to see Gyro Aim implemented one day for PS5

Top Bottom