Does Cyberpunk actually use AI for normal citizens?

+
I mean it amounts to a large noise and them ducking...Games from 2000 have their NPCs do more...That fucking paper clip in word does more.

That comparison would be funny... if it wasn't so sad :eek: But there's lots of things that made me think there's expansions planned to the way the NPCs behave - I mean, some even compliment your looks and stuff.

Probably things the devs didn't get around to implementing yet. I mean, I have no idea about AI development but am sure it can be expanded rather easily!

God... I REALLY hope they aren't gonna drop development.

That stuff was supposed to be in THIS ONE. The trailers and night city wires etc. I swear its like they cut it out before shipping. Im just wondering if this actually qualifies as AI even at this point. The AI in the prologues during demos looked much better? But those were scripted at some points.

I mean it amounts to a large noise and them ducking...Games from 2000 have their NPCs do more...That fucking paper clip in word does more.

Haha the paper clip. I remember him. Always popping up was telling me he knows what I want to do and gives me a hint. Marvelous. He had better programming for sure and far more command lines.

Yeah it's called walk don't talk.

But there some much potential for Ai to improve game experience and I think strategic games like SC have shown that. I wonder if someone will adept Ai learning patterns to fps shooters eventually where enemies learn from players (and other Ais) in simulations.

Sure, if AI means Artificial Imbeciles...

Cars have predefined paths and so do pedestrians, and there is a small range of reactions to various events (violence etc). That's it. No proper life-scripts, no dynamic life AI; all pretty simplistic. :/

I whish I could get rid of those two cops sitting at the bar in V's apartment building having the same conversation. Plus that cop endlessly arresting those two kids on the stairs from the apartment building. Maybe I can kill them....

To be fair NPCs are actually doing something instead of just walking around like their are drunk couples, kids playing, people using brain dances, and etc. However the actual A.I when you interact them is really basic. It's really outdated. It needs an overhaul without a doubt.

I whish I could get rid of those two cops sitting at the bar in V's apartment building having the same conversation. Plus that cop endlessly arresting those two kids on the stairs from the apartment building. Maybe I can kill them....
You can. I did. Killed the dude theyd arrested first, and then several in game days later when it was apparent they werent going to react, I killed them too and then hid in V's apt

Thank you! Too few people realize this.

That's what I noticed too. AI is a term being used rather loosely nowadays, while I think it would be good people realized the differences.

What we're experiencing right now in most games are scripts + algorithms. We're not even on the level of machine learning and actual Artificial Intelligence is light years ahead.

Games learning from player's actions, adapting to them...Introducing actual AI could be a next big milestone in the development of gaming. But we're still far away from reaching that goal.

Intelligence is a "sentient" trait.

Artificial Intelligence *mimics* that trait. So in a sense, even simple, scripted, package managed behavior is a form of artificial intelligence. Citizens typically get the least amount of attention. Which is typical, but VERY ignored in this game. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were very much the same in that regard. Until a few modders tweaked the citizen A.I. to make them more *lively*.

There are a number of different A.I. packages running among the game's various npcs. All very basic, and essentially doing their own thing, oblivious to anything other npcs around them are doing. I'd expect a number of modders to eventually rework the A.I. packaging of most of the game's npcs once the game is stabilized and debugged.

Here's a simple tweak I found on Nexus last night that makes the npcs you see walking the streets seem to move around more *naturally*, and a lot less rigidly. Basic yes. But a decent enough example of how much modding can improve how a game looks and feels. A full-blown A.I. overhaul mod would get straight into the package script to modify the actual behavior, and how npcs respond to events involving the player, AND the other npcs around them.

Any oriented object, in a virtual 3D environment, uses AI, be it from the engine or a self control intelligence and react on some actions. This is basic in programming. All NPCs have collision objects, that is, a code. They interact with each other, including. There is a base, rustic, so to speak, but there is a code and a general AI determining when they are born, when they disappear, how they are born, reaction speed and triggering animations. Here, an example of general AI

But that's the thing the Gregski and I are saying.

This is not AI. This is reactive scripting and algorithms. That's it. That's all there is to it. X happens - Y, Z can happen as a reaction to it.

There is no actual AI in the entire world. Some companies are working on them and making strides but none actually have a working AI.

AI is a buzzword used by games developers, nothing more. The actual computing power that would be necessary to run an actual AI is not available for home computers.

A real AI would react how it damn well pleases. If you block it's path and it decides it will not move until you do, that's what it'll do but IT will decide what to do. Not some pre-written decision branch.

As Gregski said, Real AI is probably the next big milestone in games. Heck, it's probably the next big milestone for humanity. Until it takes over that is.

Top Bottom