Does it remind you of Midwinter?

+
I know what you're thinking, patch is only 2 days old and already seeing dwarves everywhere, am i right?
But if you really think about it there quite some diversity on the ladder. Sometimes i play against Francesca with Mystic Echo, sometimes it's Brouver with Mystic Echo, sometimes it's Filavandrel with Mystic Echo and few times i even seen Eithne with Mystic Echo. I agree that Eldain is rather unrepresented right now but other than that it looks like it's shaping up into a healthy meta.

Wow such diversity :) I haven't seen Filavandrel and Eithne yet, but i have played against Dana many times - all Echo obviously. And i think a saw one Foltest, but i made sure he will regret showing up - another free win for Mystic Echo.

This is seriously hot-fix worthy. Last season Echo was unfairly strong and now it's even worse.

I thought that after messing up so badly, they would play it safe and over-nerf ST, just to be sure that meta changes and people are happy, but they did the exact opposite.

This is EA level @#$%^&*.

They dorfs should be 1 power or not armor.

As a ST main the first thing was create all the ST cards.

Then I created a deck with these new cards, practically without reading their effect and the result was very consistent. Summon Dorf "invoke more dorfs", Dorf "Dorf, you deserve a promotion, take more armor, go and hit them" and then Dorfs "I get stronger if there are more Dorfs", end with the tree "let's stick together"

Don't forget to put at least 2 elves and 2 dryads for Barnabas.

Even so I think the Dorfs' exaggerated presence is because they are too easy to play, you can practically cover half of the screen on the opponent's side.
Not the only degenerate deck in play ... NR..Shani..broken Taunts, SY...free tribute on a 12pts unit, two Taunts....

The powercreep was strong.

Don't agree at all. Yeah Echo is strong and Dwarves are strong but defenders are a FAR FAR FAR bigger problem with the game than them. The most broken stuff I see right now (at rank 5) are defender combo's and I see them all over the place. It has nothing to do with SC. I see it in SK. I see it in NG. I see it in SY. Every faction can do this stuff....except maybe monsters who are still too weak as far as I can tell.
Post automatically merged:

They dorfs should be 1 power or not armor.

As a ST main the first thing was create all the ST cards.

Then I created a deck with these new cards, practically without reading their effect and the result was very consistent. Summon Dorf "invoke more dorfs", Dorf "Dorf, you deserve a promotion, take more armor, go and hit them" and then Dorfs "I get stronger if there are more Dorfs", end with the tree "let's stick together"

Don't forget to put at least 2 elves and 2 dryads for Barnabas.

Even so I think the Dorfs' exaggerated presence is because they are too easy to play, you can practically cover half of the screen on the opponent's side.
Not the only degenerate deck in play ... NR..Shani..broken Taunts, SY...free tribute on a 12pts unit, two Taunts....

The powercreep was strong.

Why did they do nothing with elves? They coudln't get ONE good gold card that spawned more elves?

It was dumb of them to throw so many crazy strong dwarfs in the game. I mean I appreciate more dwarfs but think about the strength of the decks you are creating. Dwarves were already capable of being the highest tier. Throwing all of these awesome multiply dwarf cards in the game was going to have an obvious effect.

I'm curious as to what you people think ST players should be playing. Let's take a look at our options shall we?

Eithne - Damage an enemy by one, 4 charges.

How does this do anything for anyone and even more so now that almost every card has armor. If we are honest, this is worthless.

Filavandrel - Boost all units in your hand by one.

CDPR is releasing specials for ST as there are cards that rely on specials to get their value which isn't much to begin with. This means you are losing points just with that not to mention when looking at other leaders this ability just straight up sucks. It has synergy with maybe 2 or 3 cards and those cards aren't breaking records with that point..so looking at the newest cards that you NEED to compete, this leader ability is worthless.

Brouver - Move a unit and damage/boost by 2, 3 charges.

Move your unit for what, to hit two armor off your crazy engine? Move my unit for what, 1 point boost from a card nobody plays? Movement is fun but hardly T1 in any world and every faction should have a T1 deck...this isn't it.

Dana - You know the deal..

It just has too many deck building limitations. It can be okay but honestly unless you are Pmkn you aren't going to survive the current meta with her ability. It's hard enough missing out on all the neutrals because ST is so dependent on other ST cards. Too many limitations.

That leaves Francesca. Some people like to stay loyal to a faction, should they just have nothing to compete with all these other op decks? Her ability has always been there and it just got nerfed by limiting it to ST specials so why the outrage?

Also, let's be honest there are decks that can beat this people do it all day. Nobody playing ST has a 100% win rate. People are just going to quit playing if you all keep begging for their faction to be slaughtered. ST has been slaughtered so many times I can't even count because of threads like this.

Mystic Echo is the only thing worth playing if you like ST, give us new abilities that actually matter and we'll gladly use them.

Don't agree at all. Yeah Echo is strong and Dwarves are strong but defenders are a FAR FAR FAR bigger problem with the game than them. The most broken stuff I see right now (at rank 5) are defender combo's and I see them all over the place. It has nothing to do with SC. I see it in SK. I see it in NG. I see it in SY. Every faction can do this stuff....except maybe monsters who are still too weak as far as I can tell.

Why did they do nothing with elves? They coudln't get ONE good gold card that spawned more elves?

It was dumb of them to throw so many crazy strong dwarfs in the game. I mean I appreciate more dwarfs but think about the strength of the decks you are creating. Dwarves were already capable of being the highest tier. Throwing all of these awesome multiply dwarf cards in the game was going to have an obvious effect.
Defenders are not as problematic as Echo+Justice, they are close second, but that 4 engine combo is just mindblowing.
Either way Defenders, Justice, Sword and maybe even Portal NEED some nerfs, and not just numbre tweaks, actual nerfs to their abilities.

I'm curious as to what you people think ST players should be playing. Let's take a look at our options shall we?

Eithne - Damage an enemy by one, 4 charges.

How does this do anything for anyone and even more so now that almost every card has armor. If we are honest, this is worthless.

Filavandrel - Boost all units in your hand by one.

CDPR is releasing specials for ST as there are cards that rely on specials to get their value which isn't much to begin with. This means you are losing points just with that not to mention when looking at other leaders this ability just straight up sucks. It has synergy with maybe 2 or 3 cards and those cards aren't breaking records with that point..so looking at the newest cards that you NEED to compete, this leader ability is worthless.

Brouver - Move a unit and damage/boost by 2, 3 charges.

Move your unit for what, to hit two armor off your crazy engine? Move my unit for what, 1 point boost from a card nobody plays? Movement is fun but hardly T1 in any world and every faction should have a T1 deck...this isn't it.

Dana - You know the deal..

It just has too many deck building limitations. It can be okay but honestly unless you are Pmkn you aren't going to survive the current meta with her ability. It's hard enough missing out on all the neutrals because ST is so dependent on other ST cards. Too many limitations.

That leaves Francesca. Some people like to stay loyal to a faction, should they just have nothing to compete with all these other op decks? Her ability has always been there and it just got nerfed by limiting it to ST specials so why the outrage?

Also, let's be honest there are decks that can beat this people do it all day. Nobody playing ST has a 100% win rate. People are just going to quit playing if you all keep begging for their faction to be slaughtered. ST has been slaughtered so many times I can't even count because of threads like this.

Mystic Echo is the only thing worth playing if you like ST, give us new abilities that actually matter and we'll gladly use them.
But that is the problem. It's the only thig worth playing.

Yes but nerfing it leaves ST players with nothing but a bunch of broken archetypes. Harmony is okay but with all the dwarf support coming out you can see why people play it, they wanna play with the new cards. I personally would have loved an elf rework and no more dwarfs but it is what it is. Btw epidemic destroys this "insane 4 engine combo" so does super lock, so does a lot of other stuff. This patch has been out two days..that's not even enough time to fine tune a deck but already people are crying for nerfs..of things that have already been nerfed 2 or 3 times mind you.

Yes but nerfing it leaves ST players with nothing but a bunch of broken archetypes. Harmony is okay but with all the dwarf support coming out you can see why people play it, they wanna play with the new cards. I personally would have loved an elf rework and no more dwarfs but it is what it is. Btw epidemic destroys this "insane 4 engine combo" so does super lock, so does a lot of other stuff. This patch has been out two days..that's not even enough time to fine tune a deck but already people are crying for nerfs..of things that have already been nerfed 2 or 3 times mind you.
Epidemic can be avoided if you expect it, Lock doesn't really do anything when those engines are protected by Defender, same for Manticore Venom, row punish is not good enough.
People are not complaining just about this one deck, at least i'm not, it's about the overall state of the game and CDPR's constant inexplicable inability to acceptably balance the game.
Maybe META will balance itself after few days, but after 3 months of heavily unbalanced meta, people are rightfully angry when they see the same mistakes happening over and over again.

The last changes to the game have made clear the direction they are taking, preconstructed decks and easy to balance.

If we think about it ST did not have an expansion, we simply have a new deck, as I mentioned earlier it is a matter of creating those cards and putting them all together, they are a deck in themselves.

Perhaps we will get some elf-oriented in the future, for now "We are all Mahakam."

As simple and true as that.

Trying to use Ethine's skill is useless, a single Taunt and you lost most of the time, not only the way to align the units for the victory condition (Regis or Scorch, epidemic, Schiruu) is needed but also cards are needed to control the taunt.

Bouver and Fila cannot follow the powercreep of the units with their habilities.

Remember when Gerald in Beta gives 15 points and nobody plays him cause it was to weak?
Jep....we are on this way again.
To much pointslamming with almost everycard and combos behind every good.

I agree that Eldain is rather unrepresented right now
I agree. Let's hope they hotfix this egregious oversight to give Eldain™ a new Skin™ so I can gawk at the marvelous handy work of the talented 3d modelling team at CDPR® while I queue into my thirtieth game against Mystic Echo™. I'm lovin' it.

Defenders are not as problematic as Echo+Justice, they are close second, but that 4 engine combo is just mindblowing.
Either way Defenders, Justice, Sword and maybe even Portal NEED some nerfs, and not just numbre tweaks, actual nerfs to their abilities.

Echo plus Justice is really really good but it's not any more game winning than Defender plus "insert broken combo". You want to know what really is game breaking? SK doing defender plus Sukrus to make a row completely immune to anything other than Tall removal or row effects, this happened to me today and the game is over.

Also Echo plus Justice is also benefiting from Defenders right now. Fix defenders first and that combo will also be brought down a bit.

Defender plus "insert broken combo".

This was seen coming from afar, so we asked that the taunt go only to the adjacent ones at least.

Eldain is rather unrepresented

I guess we talk about the appearance. Now that they are not linked to their abilities, we will only see the leaders that people like, for whatever reason.

Playing TB could not say that Eldain is the most interesting leader, is basically an clown who is out of his mind, besides having no minimum values as a reliable word.

I understand that in this concept of vindictive guerrilla there are people who like it, but it is very little compared to the rest, after all TB is a game based on a human Queen who basically lost everything.

Outside its history, the model does not count for itself, it is an elf and period. Fila and Fran seem Noble, Ethine is clearly a Dryad, Dana is something "magical" and Brouver is ... well ... it's a Dwarf with a crown. : p

It is easy to understand why that model can be seen less than others ... poor elves sell less than noble elves.

Echo plus Justice is really really good but it's not any more game winning than Defender plus "insert broken combo". You want to know what really is game breaking? SK doing defender plus Sukrus to make a row completely immune to anything other than Tall removal or row effects, this happened to me today and the game is over.

Also Echo plus Justice is also benefiting from Defenders right now. Fix defenders first and that combo will also be brought down a bit.
Any 4 engine combo (Justice, Waters, Roche) is game breaking and needs to be fixed, just like defenders, but unlike defenders it can win the game on its own. They have to fix it all ASAP.
I have to try that Sukrus combo, sounds like free win :D

Guest 4368268

Dwarves were the first deck I played in Gwent (OB) purely because they were simple to learn and therefor to familiarize with the game. I'm glad to see how synergistic they are now, it's something I've asked for for a long time (same with the Wild Hunt archetype) obliviously they're way too strong now, but nerfing them won't be too hard, it's easy to identify the exact issue with them.

Remove some armor here and there, rework Novigradian Justice/Mystic Echo and you take a lot of the issues away. I just hope the synergy stays and the power level goes down and they'll be fine.

Any 4 engine combo (Justice, Waters, Roche) is game breaking and needs to be fixed, just like defenders, but unlike defenders it can win the game on its own. They have to fix it all ASAP.
I have to try that Sukrus combo, sounds like free win :D
4 engines is not a free win. I don't want engines nerfed so bad we just go back to boring removal meta.

4 engines is not a free win. I don't want engines nerfed so bad we just go back to boring removal meta.
I dare to disagree, engine swarm decks can often auto win with this.
Example: R1 - Dwarfs won on -1, R2 - open with Defender, than double Justice on both rows. Next turn you're facing 10+ damage in form of engines and they're getting 4 extra charges every turn. This is impossible to power through, you have no choice but to remove those engines. Your options are very limited since Epidemic hits tokens, Scorch hits Defender, 3 point removal can kill only 2 units at best, same for row punish. Shirru and multi lock are faction specific so they aren't relevant argument.

4 engine combos (Justice and Roche) are insanely overpowered and need to be nerfed ASAP. Nerfing them will not kill engine decks.

I dare to disagree, engine swarm decks can often auto win with this.
Example: R1 - Dwarfs won on -1, R2 - open with Defender, than double Justice on both rows. Next turn you're facing 10+ damage in form of engines and they're getting 4 extra charges every turn. This is impossible to power through, you have no choice but to remove those engines. Your options are very limited since Epidemic hits tokens, Scorch hits Defender, 3 point removal can kill only 2 units at best, same for row punish. Shirru and multi lock are faction specific so they aren't relevant argument.

4 engine combos (Justice and Roche) are insanely overpowered and need to be nerfed ASAP. Nerfing them will not kill engine decks.

Defender being added in is another thing. I am completely on board with defenders being nerfed or changed. They are what is causing the big problems here. Engines shouldn't be targeted when defenders are the real issue.

Top Bottom