Does look from character creator have consequences?

+
Hey,
long story short, does anybody know if:
  • all (or majority) of the visual customization (body type, height, teeth, eyes, hair, tattoos,...) have consequences or change anything in-game? In the recent trailer, someone called V sexy, so I am just curious :D Do NPCs really react (and if, to what extend) to each of the individual customizable details? Does anybody come around and say like "Oh my, what nice teeth you got there..." ? :D
  • the look can be changed later in the game (and if, to what extend)? Can you "change" your body type, height, weight, teeth, eyes, tattoos,...implants excluded?
Thanks in advance :)

yes.JPG

As those above have said. Yes it will likely have some effect. To what extent is an open question.

Well that's interesting. It'll be amusing to, for instance, max out the butt slider and to hear NPCs talking about the character having a big booty.

Well that's interesting. It'll be amusing to, for instance, max out the butt slider and to hear NPCs talking about the character having a big booty.

I don't believe there is one.

The impression given from previews is that there is a choice between two body types...the one we've seen and muscular.

Hey,
long story short, does anybody know if:
  • all (or majority) of the visual customization (body type, height, teeth, eyes, hair, tattoos,...) have consequences or change anything in-game? In the recent trailer, someone called V sexy, so I am just curious :D Do NPCs really react (and if, to what extend) to each of the individual customizable details? Does anybody come around and say like "Oh my, what nice teeth you got there..." ? :D
  • the look can be changed later in the game (and if, to what extend)? Can you "change" your body type, height, weight, teeth, eyes, tattoos,...implants excluded?
Thanks in advance :)
Other then gender I seriously doubt your visual character customizations matter.
The other thing that matters is which Lifepath you choose.

It would be highly impractical to code all the stuff needed for NPCs to react to your hairstyle, eye color, etc.

I know that clothes have an impact liked this. A specific example developers mentioned that if you wear no clothes you'll illicit some...interesting comments from by-passers, including police. So it'll be interesting to see what kind of body customization options can get reactions from NPCs.

I'm mainly curious about cyberware when it comes to this sort of thing. Will people want you to look more "human", or will it not matter if you look like a machine head-to-toe?

I know that clothes have an impact liked this. A specific example developers mentioned that if you wear no clothes you'll illicit some...interesting comments from by-passers, including police. So it'll be interesting to see what kind of body customization options can get reactions from NPCs.

One possibility is that the "poor" looking entropism-style clothes would get dismissive comments from the richer people.. Neo-kitsch clothes might get jealous comments from the poor, etc.

It would be funny if police would treat you with more respect if you wore rich neo-kitsch clothes..

I'm mainly curious about cyberware when it comes to this sort of thing. Will people want you to look more "human", or will it not matter if you look like a machine head-to-toe?
I dunno that there'll be many who care how much cyberware you have, aside from the rare body purists and the cyberware-mad like the Maelstrom. For everyone else, they probably don't care about it much.

I do remember reading in a review that someone ran around naked as V and eventually the NCPD started pursuing them for it!

Other then gender I seriously doubt your visual character customizations matter.
I remember one 2019 preview mentioning that the Dev playing the game said that skin color may impact certain interactions.

We played as a male V to start with here - although we actually swapped between genders and character builds a few times in the demo thanks to a spot of developer magic, just to show off what was possible. There was a fleeting mention of something about the way you look, including your skin colour, affecting how people perceive you in the world. There were also some silly haircuts. CD Projekt chose the default white male with short back and sides.

That's the only place I've ever seen it mentioned (albeit second hand) that something other gender and life paths may impact how we are perceived by NPCs. Of course, (a) the article could be incorrect or (b) that feature may have been changed in the last 18 months.

That sound great. Fashion should be big deal. Probably something to do with Life Styles? If you're Neokitch people might not like you in all areas.

I hope fashion is a big deal in this aspect. I dont want to wear some dumb fuck outfit and no one say anything about it.

Idk if that would be a difficult or impossible thing to implement, but its just somehthing i hope for.

Guest 4318427

I hope fashion is a big deal in this aspect. I dont want to wear some dumb fuck outfit and no one say anything about it.

Idk if that would be a difficult or impossible thing to implement, but its just somehthing i hope for.
I don't imagine it's difficult to implement, jus very time consuming.

For example, they could have various NPC (pedestrian) response blurbs based on the total value of your equipped items or specific equippables - but these responses will all have to be recorded and programmed in.

What springs to mind is the responses from peds in RDR2 based on the quality of your horse; which is far simpler to implement than, say, clothing items.

i remember an old interview (maybe 2019?) that if you go "too heavy" with cyber mods, some people might see you in "a bad way". Opposite fact, i think might be a "good thing" if u're like full cyber modded, and meet the Maelstrom gang.
This is just a thought, but might be. Won't expect something like about hair style or whatever different from clothes

Top Bottom