Does taking items without permission influence the game?

+
Does taking items without permission influence the game?

I mean like taking items from pople homes, is it stealing? Will i make them hate me?

Wait! :eek: There is one exception that is Shani's Granny during Old Friend of Mine and every time you sneak around in her house.Maybe you are brave and try your luck during the party or you prepare and read the
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Friend_of_Mine

What is worse? If ordinary poeple just hate Geralt for theft (he has no need to return) or if Granny kicks him out of the house? And he needs to enter again.

This is one of the first things I check in any new RPG. I feel bad about taking other people's items until I confirm that NPCs don't even notice it, then my guilt disappears. ;D Usually, their reaction is either instantaneous (attacking you on sight) or non-existent.

Yogli said:
I mean like taking items from pople homes, is it stealing? Will i make them hate me?
This was one of my slight peeves, actually. I hoped it's tweaked for any future games.It SHOULD have some kind of effect...making NPC's hostile, uncooperative, etc. Guards attack, etc. Or have to bribe to regain their good will.No way should I be able to walk into an NPC's house and take their stuff with them looking right at me. I should at least have to wait until the room is empty. There definitely SHOULD be some kind of consequence.

heh... I always get a kick out of the fact you can walk into some random house occupied with 'thugs' and such and just start poking through the wardrobes, baskets, etc. and start taking their stuff. They have no reaction at all.At least Morrowind got that part right :whistle:

Evolution101 said:
Reminds me of the Bard's Tale, where you first plunder someone's house and the Narrator acts so shocked! ;D
Bards Tale dne of the best all time RPG 'spoofs' evah !~ Oh its hard luck to be you ~
Forget the quest to save the world, our hero is interested in just two things…coin and cleavage
I still laugh about some of the scenes in that game.http://www.thebardstale.com/about.htmlEvidently no longer available for PC :p

Top Bottom