Does the game promotes imperialism?[spoilers]

+
That's one way to read it.

I don't choose to read it that way. I'm sorry you can't see my perspective.

Yes, I do hate Book Emhyr but not Game Emhyr.

There's really no other way to look at it. It's not objective at all. Emhyr agrees to a truce with Roche so long as they assassinate Radovid and lay down their arms. He's weary of the resistance before the terms were even offered.

---------- Updated at 09:23 PM ----------

The more i think about it, the more i think Nilfgaard winning being the good option serves as a resolution for the plot. The 3rd game is basically the last books of the Witcher Saga rewritten. We have again

1)Geralt searching for Ciri
2)Ciri running away from the Wild Hunt
3)A war between the Empire and the Northern Kingdoms
4) Emhyr is searching for Ciri

with some differences.

1)Geralt this time around works with Emhyr, since Emhyr, while again tries to find Ciri does not have the ill motives he had in the books. This is understandable cause he dropped these plans in the final pages of the final book
2)This time sorceresses support Nilfgaard
3) The lodge is in decline and basically non existent, compared to the books where it was all mighty

And then we come to the ending of the books and this game. The books do not give resolution on ANYTHING, possibly because Sapkowsky wantedto leave them open to revisit them later, and continue the story. In the books

1)North wins the war, but there are still problems, regading racial tensions and the relationship between the Kingdoms. Nilfgaard settled up to Cintra and waits to possibly strike again(as it did in the games)
2)Geralt and Yeniffer sort of die, but not really/ Ciri moves them somewhere, and we do not really know what happened to them
3)Ciri flees the world and we do not know what became of her.

The wild wunt game basically rewrites the story, but this time brings it to a conclusion by(talking about the "good" ending):

1)Nilfgaard wins the war and finally there is political stability
2) Ciri becomes the empress which helps. It is not mentioned in the game, but Ciri is also the rightful ruller of Cintra and Skellige(which is a vassal state of Cintra). She also has Elven blood which makes her easier to accept by the Elder Races and generally she is a more liked figure in the North than Emhyr. The North would not accept Emhyr in the long run, but they would accept Ciri. I wonder why they did not mention this.
3) Geralt ends up with Yennifer in what he admitted in the books that was his long time dream. Yennefer hated it though, i find it amusing that she changed her mind. She was even the one that proposed it :p

The books have a conclusion for Geralt and Yennefer. They die and are taken to the afterlife. Death it seems was the only way for Geralt and Yennefer to truly settle down. Ciri's ultimate fate is left open ended, because well, something ends something begins.

Last edited:
There's really no other way to look at it. It's not objective at all. Emhyr agrees to a truce with Roche so long as they assassinate Radovid and lay down their arms. He's weary of the resistance before the terms were even offered.

That's not how I viewed it at all.

But sure, why not.

You've convinced me.

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

The books have a conclusion for Geralt and Yennefer. They die and are taken to the afterlife. Death it seems was the only way for Geralt and Yennefer to truly settle down. Ciri's ultimate fate is left open ended, because well, something ends something begins.

Sapkowksi has been going away from that for some time, even if I agree with what you're saying. I fully expect a sequel in the future which will invalidate the games in the "book canon."

It's not confirmed. It's open ended. Maybe Ciri moved them in another plane of existence so that they could survive. Sapkowsky has been asked about it, and have not answered the quetion directly. He also said that a sequel could be possible. But yeah, the most commonly accepted theory is that they in fact died.

Top Bottom