Does the game will have good time to pre-download on steam/gog?

+
I think i pay about 90, not even sure atm, but it's a TV, Net, Phone in one pack.
I get an average of 14Mb/s. Here's hoping that people with slow internet will get at least a week to get the game preloaded.

Damn! You lucky bastard! My estimation to download it ? 40 hours :sweat:

I really don't think gog is capable of more than 1/2 MB/ps ... maybe I should try out these days and reload Witcher 2.
And when everybody gets their hands on the download of Witcher 3, we all will need about 40 Hours :D

I think i pay about 90, not even sure atm, but it's a TV, Net, Phone in one pack.
I get an average of 14Mb/s. Here's hoping that people with slow internet will get at least a week to get the game preloaded.

and if I told do you that am paying about 24 euros for that internet speed,would you believe me?

Attachments

• 4267870745.png
    4267870745.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 37
I get phone line, calls, internet for around £30 per month. No bandwidth limit, negligible traffic shaping. Advertised 76Mb/s, actual around 65Mb/s at all times of day.

The package should be around £5 more than that but I complained after a (brief) spate of technical issues relating to billing & billing notifications, had the excess charges removed and upgraded to the unlimited package for the same cost as the 20Gb package I was on previously. Sometimes it pays to complain and to raise the "spectre" of moving to another ISP.

I still haven't preordered the game because I was not sure if I should buy the game on gog.com or steam. I heard the download speed is usually better on steam, so tested both and it's the same for me.
I just wanted to buy it on gog.com, so CD Project Red gets all the money but then I found this tweet regarding Pillars of Eternity

GOG.com ‏@GOGcom

@rhamorim @Obsidian as we don't have you connected to the web while playing, we don't do preloads, as then some would get access early :/

Won't that be the case with Witcher 3 as well if I buy it on gog considering it has no DRM? Steam has DRM, so a preload shouldn't be a problem.
I would really like to know if there will be a preload (at least 1 day) at all on gog.com?

Last edited:
I still haven't preordered the game because I was not sure if I should buy the game on gog.com or steam. I heard the download speed is usually better on steam, so tested both and it's the same for me.
I just wanted to buy it on gog.com, so CD Project Red gets all the money but then I found this tweet regarding Pillars of Eternity

GOG.com ‏@GOGcom

@rhamorim @Obsidian as we don't have you connected to the web while playing, we don't do preloads, as then some would get access early :/

Won't that be the case with Witcher 3 as well if I buy it on gog considering it has no DRM? Steam has DRM, so a preload shouldn't be a problem.
I would really like to know if there will be a preload (at least 1 day) at all on gog.com?

The "faster on Steam" issue only works for people like me who are a long way from GOG in terms of internet miles, but have a Steam server on the virtual doorstep, so yes, in Europe you will probably be as fast with GOG. And GOG will be providing a preload, it was in their FAQ earlier. I assume Steam will too, and that they'll both start at the same time. (Based on TW2, if there's a difference in the start time, it'll be hours only, and only because of some glitch. Last time there was a glitch, it was at Steam).

The "faster on Steam" issue only works for people like me who are a long way from GOG in terms of internet miles, but have a Steam server on the virtual doorstep, so yes, in Europe you will probably be as fast with GOG. And GOG will be providing a preload, it was in their FAQ earlier. I assume Steam will too, and that they'll both start at the same time. (Based on TW2, if there's a difference in the start time, it'll be hours only, and only because of some glitch. Last time there was a glitch, it was at Steam).

Thanks for the answer. Do you have a link to their FAQ? I can't find anything about them declaring that there will be a preload of Witcher 3.

Do you have a link to their FAQ? I can't find anything about them declaring that there will be a preload of Witcher 3.

Nope. They revamped the page recently, and I haven't been able to find the FAQ since. Maybe someone else has found it?

I was on 25Mbs plan long ago for roughly 80 a month, but the cost didn't warrant the usage so I downgraded to the lowest 3Mbs for 40 a month... That speed is fine for most things even my netflix, however when redoing my machine and having to redownload all games... Slow... I decided to upgrade to 6Mbs would be worth it for a few months at $49.95 mainly so I could dload witcher 3 faster... However Comcast screwed up and unregistered my modem and didn't re-register it properly so I stayed at 3Mbs....

I got on chat and tryingt o resolve this when they told me about a promotional offer that I thought (you know the wording said it expliciately) was for NEW customers only. The Agent gave me the deal anyway for 25Mbs+TV for 12 months for $50... So I went and did a speed test again and was getting 30Mbs :D

Just need to remember to downgrade before 12 months are up ;)

I'm also from a "developing" country. By my calculations it will take over four days to download the game with my peasant internet. I I've pre-ordered the game and wish to play from day one. I would really like some official response regarding pre-download. CDPR could simply make the game available for download except the executable file so we can download early and be ready to start playing from day one. I also written about this on gog forum.

I've learned that Gog.com do not provide pre-download. But this is one of the new ridiculously large games alongside CoD and AC Unity among some other new games out there. So, maybe its time for gog to change their stance regarding the subject. I hope CDPR convinces gog to provide pre-download. I'm sure gog would pay special consideration if it the suggestion came from one of their premium supporting developers.

I don't see how it does anything but help both parties, i.e. the gamers and distributors.

Last edited:
@TheEvilChris, won't CDPR allous to download all the BIN's files a couple days before the 19th, and the same date of the official release download the EXE file?

Top Bottom