Does the sexuality [of women] in TW3 offend you?

+
It all adds to how males end up treating women in real life - the way females are portrayed in media (magazines, tv,movies,games,novels).

All the males here have no idea what that actually means in real terms as it doesn't affect them. In general only a female can and in general should answer here - answers from males are irrelevant unless they have some experience with understanding the gender roles of women (and that would only be purely academic).

Bottom line is - all these things bit by bit add up, and never in a good way.

All the males here have no idea what that actually means in real terms as it doesn't affect them. In general only a female can and in general should answer here - answers from males are irrelevant unless they have some experience with understanding the gender roles of women (and that would only be purely academic).
Sorry, but I find the opinion expressed here inherently sexist. The idea that all men, everywhere, are inherently incapable of respecting/understanding women is sexist. To assume that all men here lack the maturity to see women as another complete human being rather than an object of pleasure is, again, sexist.

Why do we assume we cannot understand one another? If human beings are truly incapable of understanding someone different from themselves we are all truly Damned to living Hell for the lifespan of the human race.

Last edited:
It all adds to how males end up treating women in real life - the way females are portrayed in media (magazines, tv,movies,games,novels).

You're talking about social engineering and indoctrination.

---------- Updated at 05:11 PM ----------

In general only a female can and in general should answer here

Sorry but that's:
a) a non sequitur from the OP
b) completely bogus

HELLO!

Please stay on topic and avoid,

1) Misogyny! At all.

2) Sexism! Don't -do- it, but you may discuss it...carefully. Ban Magnet topic.

3) Attacks on posters or

4) BSN bashing, which is not the topic!

Failure to adhere to these simple instructions will get you a) Departed and b) Ponied!

But sexy Ponies, of course.

Respect has no gender. Violence has no gender. If thinking that you must be a woman for being offended by an opinion or act it's pretty sexist, isn't it? Like this awful sentence: You must have given birth to know what it means to be a mother Labels, categories and differences. That hurts.

All the males here have no idea what that actually means in real terms as it doesn't affect them.

I live in a country where 20 years of Berlusconism and television had built the idea of woman as only a sex "tool" and that their body is their only strenght. So I think that I can understand what it means in real terms, and I can say that CDP is far away from that kind of sexualization, where female characters aren't defined only by their body or appearence, but actually they are written with the same quality of male characters.

Wonder were have been all those offended people when bioware made this

cd projekt would be burnt on stake for this

Last edited by a moderator:
@bauzzer Would you mind slapping a spoiler tag on that? :) Forgive my prudishness, but I don't want to see a vagina every time I scroll down the page.

I fail to see how women can be offended in TW3, by other women sexuality.

Oh I do read about girls offended and rolling their eyes because they could see tits jiggling. If you as a woman keep looking at Yen or Triss or Ciri delicate parts, instead of playing, it's not game's fault. It's yours. If people think that Witcher series themes rely only on "sexualized women" not only this indicates a superficial knowledge from their part but... please stop.
Speaking of male players... It's you, as the player, who keep having fun, going to brothels or searching for a threesome with Yen and Triss or dreaming about incest with Ciri. And if the player is asked "Why?" he replies "Well this is Witcher series, it's normal"

Players, stop being dumb.

You could easily play the game as Geralt the chaste monk, because the game allows it. Stop giving the fault to this game. It's you.

Let's be honest. Sexuality and erotism is part of the world in general, otherwise we would not be here either, writing, if mom and dad had not decided to frickle frackle. But speaking only of the saga on an erotic perspective and because "women are too sexualited" is way too generic...and yes, offensive. You offend people's work. Who criticize this aspect can be the same persone who defined W3 racist. No comment. This only spreads misinformation.

This misinformation about "Women in Witcher series are way too sexualized" started spreading 8 years ago, when W1 came out. Reason? Sex card system. I don't like it, because it had no sense. but it made me chuckle, but me... offended? What. People fail to see where the real offense lies in the world, and surely not in this videogame.

Smart, powerful women portrayed with excellent character and a big part in the story if anything witcher is contrary to the sexualisation of women. The day CDPR get held back by attitudes and bullshit like this is the day the atmosphere starts to be sucked out of the world and its quests. The only real area ive seen it happen is with "Courtesans" and they are supposed to be sexual, its there job. Most other women involved in the story has been portrayed excellently, i especially like Cerys.

Read this for what happens to a game when writers are held back by political correctness. http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2rcnmj/david_gaider_answers_some_more_questions_asexual/

Like this awful sentence: You must have given birth to know what it means to be a mother

Yes you must have given birth to know how it feels to have given birth. But not what you said, because that is clearly thoughtless and has no relevance or comparison to anything I have mentioned.That is obvious, guessing you didn't think much before you typed.

---------- Updated at 06:42 AM ----------

You're talking about social engineering and indoctrination.

---------- Updated at 05:11 PM ----------

Sorry but that's:
a) a non sequitur from the OP
b) completely bogus
Wrong as you write it, as you missed the essence of what I said. But perhaps what I wrote simply went over your head.

---------- Updated at 06:44 AM ----------

The idea that all men, everywhere, are inherently incapable of respecting/understanding women is sexist..
As I said - understanding from a male as regards how women feel can only be purely academic, and I am yet to see anything academic here.

No, I actually like the sexy characters in the Witcher world. It's one of the many things which distinguishes the Witcher world and games from pretty much all other rpgs.
But I also don't think I'm a special snowflake and everything has to meet my taste.
If something in a game bothers me too much I would just not play the game instead of being offended by it.

I'm a sex positive feminist.

The women in the Witcher are about the only women in gaming who seem to want sex but not be defined by it aside from a handful of others.Z

They're all three-dimensional characters who impact the universe and wield power in their own right.

Women should be able to be sexy as the alternative is shaming them for their sexuality.

Doesn't offend me.

At the same time, I recognize that there's a possibility some of the depictions may offend some.
Granted, I don't think this means that their offence should direct or alter any of the content presented.
They are entitled to react to and feel any way they do in response to something they experience and though they may convey that experience to others, it does not necessarily invalidate the enjoyment had by others who did not respond in the same way as the offended gamer.

I sometimes think the reaction offended people have to some game content isn't necessarily their response to its presence, but their fear that other people seeing such content will normalize and reinforce something which they don't like.
When they see other people not as bothered as they are , perhaps they think it's happening.
I could well be very wrong about this, of course.

Whatever the truth of the matter, I remain convinced that games should never shy away from such topics.
The developer creates a world, or a reflected parallel/analogue of a world they wish to show you and let you play in.
Some of the those worlds will have wonderful things in them, others nightmarish and most a heady combination of the two.
Some of these things shown to us may have parallels with events and topics in the real world.
These may allow some to explore their understanding of such topics while others just pass them by, wrapped up in the fantasy of the world they're exploring.

The developer doesn't need to moralize at us from a pulpit to do this well, in fact the more subtle the inclusion the better.
Like how a good comedian can sneak an insightful comment on a greater issue into a joke, a good developer can make you think while hunting monsters.

Y

Wrong as you write it, as you missed the essence of what I said. But perhaps what I wrote simply went over your head.

No I did not. You claimed cultural products are (generally) sexist and cause the sexism (allegedly) present in our society. Implying culture has to be controlled, via censorship, if not active indoctrination in order to avoid that.
You also invoked some irrational, exoterical, quasi-mystical bond connecting all wymyn by which only they are able to understand femininity and obviously SEXISM, instead of it being a scientifically quantifiable phenomenon.

But yes, you can play the misunderstood, naive card. Because after all, I'm no wymyn so I couldn't possibly understand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom