Does the side content make up for the short story? and how does it compare from the ones in The Witcher 3

+
Cyberpunk's length reminds me of something like Baldurs gate 2 which is one of my all time favorite games it had 20 hours main story which is very short for an RPG but it made up for it with some of the best and most well designed side content in any game

Without getting into spoilers i did enjoy the main story of Cyberpunk and there are alot of highs that makes it more than worth to play but at the end i just didnt feel satisfied alot of story arcs just finish out of nowhere and the pacing was just moving way too fast for its own good ,when they said the story is "Slightly shorter" i was hoping for 40 which is more than perfect but sadly thats not the case ,yes The Witcher 3 was bloated in some areas but overall it left me satisfied

im interested to hear some opposite opinions of mine i didnt 100% everything yet anyway il break down the side activities activities and compare some of them to the ones in the witcher 3

-Side stories in Cyberpunk were phenomenal and enjoyed pretty much all of the ones i did so far they do expand on the main story in a good way but there arent that many of them sadly especilaly compared to gigs if the game had more of them then it would have made up for the short story but sadly thats not the case

-Gigs is a little bit of a mixed bag for me ,some of them are amazing and more than worth doing but the others are generic kill/steal quests they are not bad just kinda generic i really wish i got most of the quests from other NPCs than just fixers telling me what to do then sending me a big ass wall of texts overall gigs are good but not that great

-Racing in this game is done far better than the ones in the witcher 3 but the witcher 3 had more quantity in this regard

-bandit camps in this game are done far better in this game since each one had its own unique stories compared to most bandit camps in the witcher 3

-Cyberpsychos are mostly decent but i much prefer the monster hunts in the witcher 3 for so many reasons ,i really wish they didnt rely that much on text/environmental storytelling when it comes to Cyberpsychos and ffs i wish fixers were not involved at all.

-Fist fighting i have not finished them all yet but in the witcher 3 it had way more quantity compared to this game where it only had 5 in total and its really hard to top Champion of Champions but we'll see

-and finally Mini Games which this game has NONE while the witcher 3 had gwent which is the perfect break from all the killing and drama ,its a very enjoyable mini game with interesting side quests connected to it ,it was positively received and the fact that they didnt include any minigames is beyond me

Overall while i did Enjoy Cyberpunk as a game and its main story ,side stories and some of the gigs i just felt that it could have offered more not only in terms of its main story but even side content as well ,I wouldnt mind the short story only if they have given us more of the top tier side quests that we got with the side stories instead of giving us more Gigs and Bandit camps ,on the other hand The Witcher 3 not only managed to tell a long story but at the same time have great side content that are imo even better than the ones in this game overall.

im just wondering what do you guys think? do you like the fact that the main story is shorter? did the side content make up for it ? which side content did you prefer this games or the ones from The Witcher 3?

The majority of the content in the game is Gigs and NCPD dispatches, which as I have said before are 95% low-effort copy-pasta, cookie-cutter fetch/kill quests with no voiced NPCs. It's filler for the oversized game world, plain and simple.

The Witcher contracts are analogous to the Cyberpsycho missions, but even then, the contracts were more fleshed-out and offered more variety.

So, while there is MORE content than the Witcher 3 outside the main story, the quality is sub-par.

The majority of the content in the game is Gigs and NCPD dispatches, which as I have said before are 95% low-effort copy-pasta, cookie-cutter fetch/kill quests with no voiced NPCs. It's filler for the oversized game world, plain and simple.

The Witcher contracts are analogous to the Cyberpsycho missions, but even then, the contracts were more fleshed-out and offered more variety.

So, while there is MORE content than the Witcher 3 outside the main story, the quality is sub-par.
The thing is that they made the main story shorter mainly because of "quality over quantity" BS yet sadly this same philosophy is applied backward when it comes to side content

Cyberpunk's length reminds me of something like Baldurs gate 2 which is one of my all time favorite games it had 20 hours main story which is very short for an RPG but it made up for it with some of the best and most well designed side content in any game

Without getting into spoilers i did enjoy the main story of Cyberpunk and there are alot of highs that makes it more than worth to play but at the end i just didnt feel satisfied alot of story arcs just finish out of nowhere and the pacing was just moving way too fast for its own good ,when they said the story is "Slightly shorter" i was hoping for 40 which is more than perfect but sadly thats not the case ,yes The Witcher 3 was bloated in some areas but overall it left me satisfied

im interested to hear some opposite opinions of mine i didnt 100% everything yet anyway il break down the side activities activities and compare some of them to the ones in the witcher 3

-Side stories in Cyberpunk were phenomenal and enjoyed pretty much all of the ones i did so far they do expand on the main story in a good way but there arent that many of them sadly especilaly compared to gigs if the game had more of them then it would have made up for the short story but sadly thats not the case

-Gigs is a little bit of a mixed bag for me ,some of them are amazing and more than worth doing but the others are generic kill/steal quests they are not bad just kinda generic i really wish i got most of the quests from other NPCs than just fixers telling me what to do then sending me a big ass wall of texts overall gigs are good but not that great

-Racing in this game is done far better than the ones in the witcher 3 but the witcher 3 had more quantity in this regard

-bandit camps in this game are done far better in this game since each one had its own unique stories compared to most bandit camps in the witcher 3

-Cyberpsychos are mostly decent but i much prefer the monster hunts in the witcher 3 for so many reasons ,i really wish they didnt rely that much on text/environmental storytelling when it comes to Cyberpsychos and ffs i wish fixers were not involved at all.

-Fist fighting i have not finished them all yet but in the witcher 3 it had way more quantity compared to this game where it only had 5 in total and its really hard to top Champion of Champions but we'll see

-and finally Mini Games which this game has NONE while the witcher 3 had gwent which is the perfect break from all the killing and drama ,its a very enjoyable mini game with interesting side quests connected to it ,it was positively received and the fact that they didnt include any minigames is beyond me

Overall while i did Enjoy Cyberpunk as a game and its main story ,side stories and some of the gigs i just felt that it could have offered more not only in terms of its main story but even side content as well ,I wouldnt mind the short story only if they have given us more of the top tier side quests that we got with the side stories instead of giving us more Gigs and Bandit camps ,on the other hand The Witcher 3 not only managed to tell a long story but at the same time have great side content that are imo even better than the ones in this game overall.

im just wondering what do you guys think? do you like the fact that the main story is shorter? did the side content make up for it ? which side content did you prefer this games or the ones from The Witcher 3?

The main story in witcher 3 is way better. The side content in CP is great. In witcher 3 if you only did the main missions it was 50 hours. If you did main plus extras it was 120 hours. In cyberpunk main story 19 hours. main plus extra is 45 hours. This is confirmed. To me 19 hour main story is criminal for this game. All the side missions and content doesn't make up for it. The game is good but such a disappointing and shockingly fast and cut up story.

I much more prefer running around in Cyberpunk than Witcher. It isn't so slow and needlessly spaced out. That's what took Witcher so long. Miles and miles of running around for no other reason than adding an extra 20 minutes to each quest. At least with Cyberpunk it is easier to get sidetracked and maybe complete fun stuff along the way vs falling asleep as Roach jumps off a cliff so you again, have to travel the entire distance.

No, gigs and places to discover are too repetitive, enemy AI is too bad

some side quests are good

in witcher 3 I wanted to do, explore, discover everything, and I did it

in this game, I wanted to discover everything at the beginning, but soon I realized it's too repetitive and too many bugs

and there is no need to do everything, you can complete the main story and all side quests with the gear and weapons and cyberware from the first 3 hours

The ending kind of snuck up on me, I got to the last part and I am at the point of no return. I did not do all the side missions yet but man it feels like the city and the whole map still has so much to explore and so I was surprised to see I was already at the end.

in witcher 3 I wanted to do, explore, discover everything, and I did it

in this game, I wanted to discover everything at the beginning, but soon I realized it's too repetitive and too many bugs
You obviously never did everything in Skellige, then. Lol.

They are garbage. Witcher 3 wasn't great, but CP2077 should have been a step forward from W3. It's an embarrassing step back.

I'd have been kewl with most "side quests" not taking up map space with markers, be recurring and randomized, and having some actual affect on the world. Heck a job board or having to call Fixers to get more tailored jobs is fine. Sadly this is not true. They aren't "missions". They are just busy work. Which is fine for some of them, but those should just pop up when you come across them. Not be set in stone on the map. I am looking at you NCPD and generic Fixer Gigs!

Spoiler:
Take cyberpsychos. They could have just generated them randomly to pop up when the player enters certain areas. Have a handful of mechanics and situations the game randomly stitches together. Take out enough and trigger a story arc involving Regina, NCPD, and/or a Doctor. But it's an issue so even after all that they should reoccur. Even if there is a cure. Maybe from that point on you can administer the cure. Maybe it will take time to directly deal with it, but at least have some tangible conclusion rooted in the player's decisions. Maybe leave it a bit open ended for a possible dlc.

Instead we get 17... 17!! At the end of it all, there is zero outcome. Regina is like, 'I don't know man. Not sure what is going on.' Didn't kill any in one run. Killed all the second. Same result generally. Just different dialog. 17 in a city of millions is not an issue. It's barely a fart in the wind.

Top Bottom