Does the Witcher 3 remind anybody else of Red Dead Redemption?

+
Does the Witcher 3 remind anybody else of Red Dead Redemption?

I was pondering this last night as I was playing and the the game the Witcher 3 most reminds of is Red Dead Redemption, with of course much more RPG elements that RDR lacked.

Maybe its just the travelling around on horseback, hunting the local wildlife, being hunted by the local wildlife, the bleakness of the characters, quests and setting, but I see a lot of similarities between the two games....of course the Witcher 3 is obviously the superior game, since I always thought RDR would have been a much better game with more RPG elements.

Last edited:
I'll find out when I play Read Dead later this year for the first time, assuming it's released for PC in 2015.

Of course, The Witcher 3 is the PC platform's very own Red Dead Redemption (in its essence). Hell, if I didn't know what the RED Engine is I would've thought the Witcher 3 uses the Max Payne 3/GTA V engine, it has the same feel, movement and level of detail as the latest Rockstar games.

I beat RDR on the PS3, always wished for a PC version because the PC is better at f'king everything, so here we are, riding horses with mouse and keyboard at last :)

Except... RDR had amazing wild west shooting, which I dearly miss.

Kinda.

Red Dead Redemption is more of a sandbox, you know, "radiant" quests and that sort of thing. I would have loved those sorts of dynamic encounters in Witcher 3 but I suppose this game isn't meant to have it

Finally someone else who compares W3 to RDR! The Skyrim comparisons are just wrong. The only thing Skyrim and W3 have in common is a fantasy setting and open world, they play and look nothing alike, besides I could swear that GTA5 took the open world crown away from Skyrim.

ah, rdr. the best game of the previous gen(ps3/360).

yes, this does reminds me of that. both protagonists are similar too, when it comes to their morality and code. except i kinda miss having a blazing horse(war). roach is still kewl tho.

Can't compare because I don't have a console. With all the good things I've heard about it though I hope they port it to PC so I can find out :D

Top Bottom