Does this game make anyone else feel sick? (Literally)

+
So this year sucks as we all know and people are hurting financially. This was the only gift my wife could afford this year for me. She gave it to me early cus she knew i was excited about it. Unfortunately, after playing for about 15 min each session i start to feel like im gonna puke. I feel very queasy and sick. Every tine ive tried to play this happens. Shes tried for refunds and is being given the run around by these spin artists.

I literally cannot play because your shitty framerate makes me feel sick. This was my only gift this year and not only did you sell me a case with a steaming pile in it that makes me sick, but your greedy company is still giving people hard times about refunds. I cannot play this game in this state through no fault of my own, and walmart refuses to refund, cdpr refuses so, should i go see a dr. About this and then have THEM contact you or what? You guys have fucked up a lot of peoples xmas by releasing in this state, and the fact that its so hard to get a refund is concerning.

You acknowledged you should have never released like this, now do the right thing and give a refund so this xmas, those people who cant afford to just go get another game arent screwed.

IDK what you're playing on but I dumbed down the graphic settings before starting my game on base X1 and I don't have any pre-existing motion issues or seizure issues like the one girl. But, I also don't need to be in a tilt-a-whirl in my living room.

I will also add, I used to have a lot of issues for a while because I bought a TV that was too big and too HD for my house and I sold it and downgraded to something 10 inches smaller and chilled it's vision settings out and have not had any issue in years.

IDK what you're playing on but I dumbed down the graphic settings before starting my game on base X1 and I don't have any pre-existing motion issues or seizure issues like the one girl. But, I also don't need to be in a tilt-a-whirl in my living room.

I will also add, I used to have a lot of issues for a while because I bought a TV that was too big and too HD for my house and I sold it and downgraded to something 10 inches smaller and chilled it's vision settings out and have not had any issue in years.
Ive tried disabling everything and messing with tv settings but its the framerate. This happened to me when gtav was FIRST released and rockstar got back to me and said to try again after dl the day one patch because it addressed framerate issues. Lo and behold i was fine after that.

This game is so choppy at times that its hard to even tell whats going on. Not even gta was that bad and that was x360. I swear that game looked better too lol.

Thanks for the tips though.

I'm normally the first to get sick when it comes to motion and the like; I haven't felt that way with this game... but for a very few times, like when a NPC is driving a car and I'm the passenger stuck in first person perspective. Outside that, I'm good though.

PC, High/ultra settings and smooth frames, rtx on psycho.

alhamdullah, praise be to Allah no game has ever made me sick. recently jumping from heights makes my stomach churn a bit but thats just fun.

I sometimes feel nauseous too. I turned off Motion Blur and only look straight ahead when being driven in cars. First Person games always make me feel sick and disoriented at times.

Beyond trying to lower the video settings, or trying any of the suggestions above, how is abusing the developers or yelling at your screen going to advance your refund?

Curious, what are your monitors refresh set to in windows or your graphics control panels?

Im currently running 170hz. Just wondering if getting that as high as your monitor will support will help.

Curious, what are your monitors refresh set to in windows or your graphics control panels?

Im currently running 170hz. Just wondering if getting that as high as your monitor will support will help.
Im on xbox one. Have a 4k tv 120 refresh rate. I have never experienced anything like this playing a video game. It literally makes me sick. I last tried last night at about 9, 15 min later i was in the bathroom over the toilet sweating bullets nauseated as can be.

I dont feel its fair to be given a timeline for returns. What about people getting it as gifts where the buyer had no idea about any of this? If you admittedly release a broken product, you should have ZERO CHOICE BY LAW but to refund everyones money who asks. I mean go look at my playtime. Its not like ive played for hours because i cant.

[Edited -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
we need bigger field of view and disable sharpening
Do you feel like that would help in my case of it making me feel sick? I WANT to play this game. I could live through bugs if it was playable but I think its BS to expect me to WAIT til feb patch for a (hopefully) playable game.

CDPR, refund me, fix the mess and Ill buy again but for this being my only xmas gift, no. I want something to actually play RIGHT NOW.

I did get the local gamestop manager to put up signs warning that it can make you sick because it happened to one of his employees as well, and multiple customers have complained about the same issue.

If ANY OTHER PRODUCT was making people sick, not only should the company feel morally obligated to rectify it, but usually by law its pulled from shelves. Not saying that should happen but I do feel like they are being shady af with how they are handling this. I may start a fb group and see how many more are getting sick from it and contact an attorney if there are enough people.

Oh and im sure some will come in here and defend it, and say im whining but i have every right to want a refund on a product that literally makes me sick, and if they dont want to even start a dialogue like they should, then legal action might be the only other option. If i have to go that far, ill be seeking more than just a refund.

Happy holidays everyone!

8 days played here, and I feel just fine. I'm on PC though averaging 60fps at max settings minus RT.

Plenty of games make people sick mate, especially first person console games mostly because a lot of them had limited FOV settings. But to try and help you out, I am assuming that your framerate is low and thats causing stuttering triggering this issue, I recommend the following:

Graphics Tab: Set everything here to off, particularly film grain, depth of field and chromatic abberation as DOF is known for cauaing motion sickness in some and the other two are performance heavy even on PC particularly chromatic abberation.

Video Tab: Set the frame rate setting to performance. And see if that helps, also if you have settings for crowd density and texture quality try those on medium. Performance mode increases the fps cap to 60 but locks resolution to 1080p max, it'll still drop frames in busy areas but will hopefully be smoother. If you want 4k Quality mode locks fps to 30 but increases texture quality a lot. Personally I doubt the Series X|S are going to play this at 4K well.

This should smooth the game out a lot. If you have options to lower ambiant occlusion do that as well, as both the Series X|S both support it.

Unfortunately, if it is the field of view you are stuck with that unless you have a slider to change it. The default is 80 which makes me motion sick, but I am on PC so I was able to set it to 100 (at the cost of 15fps).

Yeah, I do feel sick too even became a nightmare that one night lol. :sad:

That's why I prefer buying and playing games with third person view, Too long playing FPV games literally harms my health. :giveup:

That's too bad about the refund, OP. Hope it'll work out for you.

[...] If the game makes you ill then I'm sure the right folks will point you in the right direction. Good luck with it all, and hope you work it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom