Does your horse stop randomly?

+
Does your horse stop randomly?

Very often when I am riding on a horse at sprinting speed, he will randomly stop. I didn't hit anything like a rock or a tree, nor did Stamina run out. Just randomly stop for no reason.

I am playing on PC with an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fix?

Last edited:
Never had the horse "randomly" stop for unknown reasons*. Play with a M/K though so perhaps it's a controller thing.

I have face planted myself into trees though. =)

I think i know what you mean, the horse will stop if you sprint in difficult terrain, the horse does not have a lot of free movement like Skyrim for instance were you could scale a mountain, what i do is always leave the horse when i go to hills or forests, and i use the horse just for roads.

Roach stops all the time. He especially like's to stop on bridges or in area's where there may be a lot of foliage. Of course, the foliage make's sense, but not when its just brush and not trees. Cmon Roach.

(She) used to do that all the time with me, that is until we had a little chat. Now she just runs away when I start whistling frantically.

Roach stops all the time. He especially like's to stop on bridges or in area's where there may be a lot of foliage. Of course, the foliage make's sense, but not when its just brush and not trees. Cmon Roach.

Yep. Happens to me on PC KB+M.

Haha yup. Bridges are the absolute worst. Roach seems to be scared to death of bridges and will stop on every single one. I have gotten in the habit of going around bridges now (if possible) just to avoid Roach stopping on one.

Good to see it's not just me and it happens with KB+M too.

I wonder why this is issue not more talked about. And it if just a smaller subset of people, then what is causing it to happen only for us? (And is there a way to fix it)

---------- Updated at 11:01 AM ----------

(She) used to do that all the time with me, that is until we had a little chat. Now she just runs away when I start whistling frantically.

Didn't know Roach was a she! My mistake!

Last edited:
While I'm not debating this is actually happening to some (most?) people, I really have not ever had this happen (aside from running into fences or trees). I played ESO for a short while, and the way this is being described, it sounds much like how mounts could just come to a dead stop in that game; so I'm a little familiar with this topic though never had it happen in this game.

I will admit though I don't ride the horse much and usually on roads/paths. Maybe 5 - 7% of my game time I spent on the horse (out of 110 hours).

Has happened to me as well. Slightly annoying. Sometimes happened that she wouldn't even walk or run along a road, like there was an invisible barrier. Would have to save and reload and then it works fine. Also sometimes can't whistle, again save a reload. Lucky I have an ssd so this doesn't really bother me much.

Slightly more annoying as I love to ride in the game. Use Roach almost wherever I go, fasttravelled like 7-8 times in about 100 hours., and would use her more if she wasn't slightly bugged.

happens to me as well. using xbox controller on pc. I even thought my controller needed to be changed. it is vexing especially during the races, roach stops or slows down unexpectedly.

Top Bottom