Dona's fan art thread [updated Jan 18 - pg.6]

+
Beautiful stuff!! Amazing. Love the abstract element you give some of your pictures, makes them look all dreamy. I'll be looking out for more.

Wow these are absolutely fantastic. I like the one of Saskia, I don't suppose you have any plans to do a 2560x1440 wallpaper of Saskia...? Lots of lots of Saskia! SASKIA!

:D

Thanks everyone :)

@Veleda
TW2EE is very likely to inspire me, no arm wrestling needed!

@steelbom
I can make you one, just give me some time. The original isn't that big sadly (it was intended to be just a sketch), I'll see what I can do. :)

Dona said:
Thanks everyone :)

@Veleda
TW2EE is very likely to inspire me, no arm wrestling needed!

@steelbom
I can make you one, just give me some time. The original isn't that big sadly (it was intended to be just a sketch), I'll see what I can do. :)
Awesome thanks, that'd be great. Your stuff is really good.. do you sketch them with a Wacom or something?

Here you go :)

Yes, I use Wacom Intuos4 tablet. I had Graphire3 before. Any Wacom tablet is a good choice, imo!

secondchildren said:
Dona, you're great

(and this section is my Happy Island )
Aww, darling. Here, pulling a couple of super silly sketches from the archive of doom. To make modding tonight a bit easier :)

Pchat butts!
(well... we actually had a serious discussion about how Elves smell thx to Roche's remark, but we ended up watching Cazwell videos, so...)

LotR, Britney and Witcher, what else do we really need? =D

Dona said:
Here you go :)

Yes, I use Wacom Intuos4 tablet. I had Graphire3 before. Any Wacom tablet is a good choice, imo!

Thanks heaps!!!

What program do you use? Are they vector images? :D I'm curious... hehe lol

Dona said:
Pchat butts!
(well... we actually had a serious discussion about how Elves smell thx to Roche's remark, but we ended up watching Cazwell videos, so...)
This should go in all mods' signature

(spreading a rainbow of happiness among haters, whiners, trolls LOL)

steelbom said:
Thanks heaps!!!

What program do you use? Are they vector images? :D I'm curious... hehe lol
You're welcome :)

I use Photoshop and sometimes Painter, but it's very sluggish on my computer. No, they're not vectors, making painterly-looking vectors would've been a nightmare D: I just paint everything with regular brushes.

steelbom said:
This should go in all mods' signature

(spreading a rainbow of happiness among haters, whiners, trolls LOL)
LMAO yes, shaking our tooshies at trolls and eating rainbow-sprinkled ice-cream!

Dona said:
You're welcome :)

I use Photoshop and sometimes Painter, but it's very sluggish on my computer. No, they're not vectors, making painterly-looking vectors would've been a nightmare D: I just paint everything with regular brushes.
Ah cool! I'm tempted to start drawing lessons... that way I could draw Saskia, and Triss, and Sila, :D

@❧Dona
Beautiful works you have here.
Are you still on DA? I would like to see what you have there (I presume that you have more than presented here ;) )

Dona said:
So, I gave Foltest a shot. Mostly got carried away trying to do something interesting with the skin. i'm using these portraits to learn Painter and some new techniques, so I'm sorry if I completely miss the theme : |

I love his profile. That nose. ♥

How have I never noticed this thread before!?

Anyway, after scrolling through your artworks, I have to admit that you are really talented. All of these are very beautifully done and creative. You're truly amazing!

But something I really wanted to point out was the one on Foltest. I think you really nailed it with characterizing him perfectly. He looks so determined and strong, yet at the same time so awfully tired. And you adding that red colour really brings up his ultimate fate, which is a nice touch imo. And of course, that nose! Well done!

If possible, if you wouldn't mind, may I use it as my avatar? :)

@steelbom
Do it! Drawing can be hard sometimes, but then it 'click' and being able to draw different things is extremely rewarding :>

@Elrond Smith
Wow, that's an epic username... and avatar! Thank you. I'm afraid I am not on dA anymore. I am so tired of that place and, frankly, my work. I need some quiet time to create something new worth showing, but I don't think I'll be going back to dA anytime soon. I did keep my Shadowness gallery that features some VERY old paintings (as well as new-ish ones), so, er, feel free to go there if you like --> http://shadowness.com/Donna

@Chewin3
Thank you kindly

Dona said:
@steelbom
Do it! Drawing can be hard sometimes, but then it 'click' and being able to draw different things is extremely rewarding :>
Yeah I'd like to... I use to sketch stuff when I was younger but I've never been able to draw anything more complicated than a stick man! (I joke, but still it's partially true lol.)