DON'T care for more DLCs; I Just want npcs with better interaction mechanics and a more Beefy Ai

+
I really dont get complaints like these... what exactly are some people looking for? A dating app inside a videogame? What kind of conversations to you want to have with an average NPC random avatar out of the gazillion ones in the game. Do you want to know its favorite food, or his favorite sport? Why?

You mention GTA4, what part of GTA4 allows you to go out and do something like that with a RANDOM NPC? Only thing you can do is pay hookers for car sex...

GTA4 is such a horrible example whenever there is a mention on sandbox games, I swear I dont get how people dont see this... All GTA games are EXTREMELY linear when it comes to how every single mission plays out. You have absolutely zero agency... you have to hit specific markers with ridiculous constrains. If the game tells you to hide behind a box, you have to hide behind a very specific box so the game can continue. All you do in this game is follow instructions to the letter and your gameplay consists literally of auto aiming and pop shooting everything that moves and driving vehicles. Thats it. You want to be stealthy? Tough luck. You want to try a different approach from the hills? Nope. Follow the yellow dot please.

Cyberpunk in comparison offers a ton of options, a ton of different outcomes, you feel in control of what happens next you get to choose how things play out both in terms of story and gameplay. You have huge questlines with major NPCs and you get a ton of dialogue with them and you can shape your relationship far far more than you can in GTA, where you basically just watch a cutscene.

How GTA4 is a good example of anything in regards to NPCs is beyond me. If you said RDR2 then yes I could see a point. But other than that I dont care what a random NPC had for dinner in a videogame...

I'd say comparing CP77 to a Far Cry game is more fitting than a GTA game. Far Cry allows the player to complete missions in various ways (combat wise). CP77 is a bit linear too since pretty much right up to Nocturne OP55N1. Sure you can choose not to do side stories/content, but that's true for a lot of open world games.

Comparing CP77 to a GTA game in broad terms is just pointless as they are both quite different games. But I'd say its ok to compare specific comparable systems that both games share, such as driving, and the "wanted" system ect.

On top of what everyone else mentioned, here is the most important distinction in my opinion:

Anthem was meant to be a live service game. It was built from the ground up to generate revenue through a constant stream of new content generating a constant stream of revenue. The second you don't reach your player count objective (which Anthem didn't reach) your entire plan starts unraveling. Then you throw the issues the game had at launch on top of that and it was obvious that EA would can it. EA being EA and all. It was just not going to achieve what it was meant to do anytime soon.

CDPR's model is profoundly different.
How profoundly different? CP2077 in current form doesn't deviate from being Live-service launched as early access projects at best. Hell, even Witcher with their DLC can be described as live-service. The DLC kept players going back, reliving the main story and playing DLCs.

I can only agree that CDPR development and production is profoundly different and deviate from industry standard - at least until launch of this tittle.

A live service game is a type of video game that's designed to keep people engaged, so they play it for as long as possible. That means that instead of making one game and moving on to the next, companies create a game they can update for years to come.

On top of that multiplayer was planned from CP2077 so its not like CDPR didn't wanted to provide content and have a profit off of it..

And about incentives in terms of copies sold - you don't know how many of those were sold as physical (ofc only console versions) that most likely has been shipped to 2nd hand market. On top of that 8m of those copies were preorders which 72% were digital. If I didn't preorder the collectors edition I would bought the digital copy on separate account and sold it like thousand people do - yeah, ToS/EULA prohibits it - no body gives a toss, especially when AAA publishers have being scr*wing their customers for ages.Also CDPR can check how many people actually finished the game and it was 3.7m (based on achivemnts from all platforms) when game sold 13m.

So in conclusion i won't buy any DLC, any of my friends have no desire to do it and we're ones that pre ordered CP2077. You know what type of client is the worse? One that silently walks away. You'll never know why he never returned or why he left in the first place.

Guest 3847602

How profoundly different? CP2077 in current form doesn't deviate from being Live-service launched as early access projects at best.
It does deviate in the most important thing that makes the game live service:

- it doesn't depend on central server and will never be shut down

Also, it has 0 microtransactions, which is the #1 reason why companies want to make LS games in the first place and it's how vast majority of them are being funded

How profoundly different? CP2077 in current form doesn't deviate from being Live-service launched as early access projects at best. Hell, even Witcher with their DLC can be described as live-service. The DLC kept players going back, reliving the main story and playing DLCs.
On top of what @ooodrin said.

From the very same place you got your quote from:

What Makes a Live Service Game Different?​

Regular single-player games often release extra content after their launch. But this doesn’t mean they count as live service games. Although they may seem similar, these types of games have a few differences.

First, single-player games often get additional content in the form of downloadable content (DLC). This content can be big or small, but the end goal isn’t to keep gamers playing for an unlimited amount of time. It’s usually just meant to provide extra content for people who are willing to buy it.

Also, a live service game is more of an online multiplayer experience in which you can play with or against friends or strangers.

Another feature of live service games is that they’re usually free-to-play, unlike most single-player games. Some games like Fortnite or Apex Legends make money with in-game microtransactions.

If you don't see how that is profoundly different than what CDPR has done with every single one of their games then I truly don't know what to say. The differences are obvious.

On top of that multiplayer was planned from CP2077 so its not like CDPR didn't wanted to provide content and have a profit off of it..

Irrelevant, the multiplayer component never existed and never will. Even if it did, it would've been it's own thing. It wouldn't have changed the single player model of the main game by association.

And about incentives in terms of copies sold - you don't know how many of those were sold as physical (ofc only console versions) that most likely has been shipped to 2nd hand market. On top of that 8m of those copies were preorders which 72% were digital. If I didn't preorder the collectors edition I would bought the digital copy on separate account and sold it like thousand people do - yeah, ToS/EULA prohibits it - no body gives a toss, especially when AAA publishers have being scr*wing their customers for ages.Also CDPR can check how many people actually finished the game and it was 3.7m (based on achivemnts from all platforms) when game sold 13m.

The medium through which the copies were sold is completely irrelevant. 18 million copies sold is pretty much 18 million possibly interested customers regardless of whose hands they are in at the moment. Even if someone's copy is second hand, that person is still a potential customer.

I'm not sure why you'd consider people finishing the game or not as relevant in this discussion. To this day, the vast majority of people have not finished The Witcher 3. Didn't stop both of it's expansions from doing very well. Now, you could argue that is in part because both were set before the game's ending but this could be true for CP's expansions too.

So in conclusion i won't buy any DLC, any of my friends have no desire to do it and we're ones that pre ordered CP2077. You know what type of client is the worse? One that silently walks away. You'll never know why he never returned or why he left in the first place.

That's your prerogative. If you don't like the game, it stands to reason you will not buy the expansion(s). I pre-ordered the game and I most likely will buy the expansion(s). We're both completely anecdotal evidence though. Only time will tell if the expansion(s) do well.

I'm not sure why you'd consider people finishing the game or not as relevant in this discussion. To this day, the vast majority of people have not finished The Witcher 3. Didn't stop both of it's expansions from doing very well. Now, you could argue that is in part because both were set before the game's ending but this could be true for CP's expansions too.
Just to add a detail, the "vast" majority of players didn't finish any game in my xbox library :D
Generally, it's way below 10% of all players. For Cyberpunk, it's about 25% which is very, very high in comparaison with any other games that I have bought... So even if only those who already finished the game could possibly buy expansion, it's already many more than almost all the games :)

Edit : If studios take these "stats" in account, they would never release any DLCs/expansions, because generally, more than 90% of players never finish their games^^

Last edited:
Just to add a detail, the "vast" majority of players didn't finish any game in my xbox library :D
Generally, it's way below 10% of all players. For Cyberpunk, it's about 25% which is very, very high in comparaison with any other game that I have bought... So even if only those who already finished the game could possibly buy expansion, it's already many more than almost all the games :)

You're right.

It is a detail but also a very important one - most people don't finish games.

I also don't really think that stops people from buying expansions even if those expansions are set after the main game's quest/storyline. I certainly have a few games that I never finished for which I bought the expansion(s) because I liked the base game and the expansion looked interesting. I keep telling myself that eventually I'll get around to finishing the game and playing the expansion but it doesn't really happen.

I'm certain I'm far from the only one who does that.

Generally, it's way below 10% of all players. For Cyberpunk, it's about 25% which is very, very high in comparaison with any other games that I have bought...
If I remember correctly, that's also the reason why the main quest line is relatively "short" and why a lot has been outsourced to the side quests.

So it seems to be working to a certain extent, with the disadvantage that not all options may be available for the final phase if side quests are left out.

It would be nice having followers/companions that follow V around everywhere, we should be able to customize their gender, look, stats, skills, clothing, weapons etc. just everything. Give the follower many lines that can be spoken, reactions to what we do etc. and the whole game would feel more immersive already. Just adding a simple follower.

But i got the feeling that is not possible, with the bad AI the game has. Or maybe it is, it would be a nice thing to have. It just doesn't make much sense doing most of the jobs completly alone anyway.

If it can't be a human companion, it could also just be a robot or a drone or something, maybe that would be easier to add it into the game.

I mean sure Silverhand is sort of our companion, but he isn't physically "there", i mean he can't help us shoot bad guys etc. yeah this would be the one thing that gives the game the extra touch that it needs.
You actually could have abuse Panam & Judy as companions leaving their quests with them - they followed you, fought with you in gigs even comment you sometimes - it really felt nice running around with one of them in freeroam - only backdraw you couldnt progress mainstory : /

But cleaning side missions with them really felt awesome and reminds me of the trailer with Jackys Coop-Mission.

I would love to have a real companion system rather than exploit it for fun tho...

I am an avid player of the Witcher games, and have noticed that NPCs have a very limited range when it comes to interacting with Geralt. I know this isn't only the case with the Witcher games, but is true for all online RPGs made nowadays.

My question is, will CDPR be able to change this by using AI? Could they somehow make NPCs as interactive with players as ChatGPT and Bard are interactive with online users, for example?

It seems to me that if used in this way, AI could revolutionize gaming. Am I wrong?

What I would love is re-work of the romances, but CDPR continues to ignore those of us who want such things. The romances were not done equally and overall not done well at all. No flirting, no buildup, no extra dialogue. The cute texts are nice, but no ability to snuggle/hug/kiss? Come on now...

What I would love is re-work of the romances, but CDPR continues to ignore those of us who want such things. The romances were not done equally and overall not done well at all. No flirting, no buildup, no extra dialogue. The cute texts are nice, but no ability to snuggle/hug/kiss? Come on now...

So after CDPR said there will be no new romance content in PL, they later clarified that there will be no new "Romanceable NPCs" but there would be some added content with the current romance options. Most people seem to think that is just some PL specific dialogue options, but I think its possible CDPR takes inspiration from the modding community and adds in some small repeatable interactions, like hugging, replay-able scenes maybe even the one that lets you meet them for a drink or food(But that may be asking too much).

Anyway point is, they're being very vague on exactly what they are "Adding" but it's still possible that we see some sort of expansion on those systems other than just one or two new conversations, if modders could do it CDPR might just say hey let's add this if it's not too much work. But honestly no idea if they will, I think the optimist in me is just trying to be positive about PL without overhyping it.

Not at all. For example about the romances that you mentioned, they said (from the start) that there will be SMALL new content for existing romances. They gave yen and triss' reaction to geralt's face from HoS, as an example several times during multiple interviews. So don't expect more than that.
Well if the reports are true about there being a new ending then logically, you'd think they'd need to record new ending voicemail messages for the romanceable characters.

Guest 4670038

Just my two cents but it does appear they are minimizing CP more and more and gearing towards a shift over to Witcher. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the DLC sometime close to 2023. And those of you who don't agree, look at Anthem. Devs made a lot of promises about the roadmap and even told everyone how they're going to overhaul the game. Months later the game was cancelled and support was completely removed.
Mercy, I'm resisting starting a rant against Electrionic Arts right now. lol
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, I don't even really care for a dlc or more cars, clothes or what have you in Cyberpunk 2077. If they just improve the game mechanics in general and the ai it would heavily increase the replayability of this game enough to keep everyone coming back like Skyrim or Fallout. Allow us to interact and speak with npcs properly...geeez! That part just feels broken! Tell me how the npc's in Whiterun feel more alive than this triple A game in 2022.... The game looks amazing yes, the npcs look beautiful, lore is there...perfect. Now just make it all work together. The npcs in whiterun can at least remember "some" of my achievements in skyrim as time passes...How do I have aaaaall this street cred but I'm still practically a nobody to all non story essential npcs. SMH...I personally don't care for more content....I just want a better world to experience....I can go on dates with npcs in GTA 4; movies....comedy shows etc....in night city all I can do is creepily stand next to npcs and shoot them...
What you're saying makes perfect sense to me. The NC in general does feel a little dead due to not being able to interact with more NPCs or random events.

And some people on here are saying that CB2077 can't be compared to the likes of GTA 5 etc. because it isn't meant to be a sandbox game. Well, by the very definition of 'Compare', CB2077 can be compared to damn near anything. The purpose of comparing something is to note similarities/differences. That said, CB2077 in many ways, is a mixture of sandbox and linear storytelling. Just like GTA 5.

Though, GTA 5 did it better. I mean, it's a game that has better water physics even though it's nearly a decade older for cryin' out loud. I'm jus' sayin'.:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
And some people on here are saying that CB2077 can't be compared to the likes of GTA 5 etc. because it isn't meant to be a sandbox game. Well, by the very definition of 'Compare', CB2077 can be compared to damn near anything. The purpose of comparing something is to note similarities/differences. That said, CB2077 in many ways, is a mixture of sandbox and linear storytelling. Just like GTA 5.
Maybe some people here say Cyberpunk can't be compared to GTA, because CDPR claimed several times before release (even years before I think) that Cyberpunk won't be like GTA nor even a GTA-like game...
So expecting (and keep expecting) "GTA-like" features seem quite weird to me.
And I disagree and I'm sorry, but Cyberpunk is everything but a sand box game... Or maybe we don't have the same definition of what is a sandbox game :D

Mercy, I'm resisting starting a rant against Electrionic Arts right now. lol

What you're saying makes perfect sense to me. The NC in general does feel a little dead due to not being able to interact with more NPCs or random events.

Though, GTA 5 did it better. I mean, it's a game that has better water physics even though it's nearly a decade older for cryin' out loud. I'm jus' sayin'.:shrug:
So according to you GTAbdid it better because better waterphysics... Well odd method to gauge quality but fine. I disagree through. Outside of some NPC which have scripted content, Los Santos might as well be dead. Nearly everyone walking around exist solely to be driven over, punched in the face and maybe going hostile.
GTA has amongst the most attrocious gunplay I have ever seen in a game with guns. The city is not vertically playable, that is only, and I mean solely 'saved' by the existence of aircrafts, but completely pointless outside the "lets shoot or crash into something".
I'm not gonna speak of the story here between these games because those dont compare well I think.
The only thing that GTA does better is that there's more variety in shops and certain customization options and personally I would prefer the handling of its cars but one could still debate what means 'better' here.

Well, by the very definition of 'Compare', CB2077 can be compared to damn near anything.

I'm sorry but this is just terribly wrong.

There is a reason "comparing apples to oranges" is an expression. We might as well start comparing Starcraft 2 to CP2077 based on your definition. Genre definitions exist for a reason.

That's not to say there aren't some similarities between GTA5 and CP2077 but those similarities are extremely superficial. They're two very different products aiming for very different things. Having some sandbox element does not automatically make a game a sandbox game. While genre lines are very often blurred these days to create "hybrids", there are always areas that receive far more focus and that is where you can properly define a game's genre and these two games focus on very different things.

It's also very important to recognize the differences between Rockstar and CDPR. Rockstar has been at their GTA type of games since 1997. That's over 25 years of constantly working and improving upon their GTA formula. They are masters at their craft and a financial behemoth, whereas CP2077 is CDPR's first jab at a different game than The Witcher and they don't have half the financial backbone Rockstar has. You might as well compare a new indie dev to a triple A studio when comparing CDPR to Rockstar.

You can't compare every product out there, some aren't comparable.

Guest 4670038

"...because CDPR claimed several times before release (even years before I think) that Cyberpunk won't be like GTA nor even a GTA-like game...
So expecting (and keep expecting) "GTA-like" features seem quite weird to me."
CDPR also claimed that the game would release "When it's ready". Look how that turned out for many players. I mean, I've never seen NPCs 'T-posing' or cars spawning right in front of you at high speeds in GTA5.

And I think some of the features players were/are expecting (for starters) is for NPCs to have more realistic reactions to something so basic as gun-fire. Though admittedly, that has gotten a little better with some of the patches.

I'm sorry but this is just terribly wrong.

There is a reason "comparing apples to oranges" is an expression. We might as well start comparing Starcraft 2 to CP2077 based on your definition. Genre definitions exist for a reason.

That's not to say there aren't some similarities between GTA5 and CP2077 but those similarities are extremely superficial. They're two very different products aiming for very different things. Having some sandbox element does not automatically make a game a sandbox game. While genre lines are very often blurred these days to create "hybrids", there are always areas that receive far more focus and that is where you can properly define a game's genre and these two games focus on very different things.

It's also very important to recognize the differences between Rockstar and CDPR. Rockstar has been at their GTA type of games since 1997. That's over 25 years of constantly working and improving upon their GTA formula. They are masters at their craft and a financial behemoth, whereas CP2077 is CDPR's first jab at a different game than The Witcher and they don't have half the financial backbone Rockstar has. You might as well compare a new indie dev to a triple A studio when comparing CDPR to Rockstar.

You can't compare every product out there, some aren't comparable.
You say it's terribly wrong, but then you proceed to do what you're claiming is wrong. You compared CB2077/CDPR to GTA5/Rockstar. Which plays well to the part of my comment you chose NOT to quote. Namely, "The purpose of comparing something is to note similarities/differences."

You can absolutely compare apples to oranges. Let me show you:
Similarities- They are both fruits and are roughly the same size.
Differences-One is orange, the other is red/green. Also, one is packed full of Vitamin C while the other is not.

See? I just compared them.

So according to you GTAbdid it better because better waterphysics... Well odd method to gauge quality but fine. I disagree through. Outside of some NPC which have scripted content, Los Santos might as well be dead. Nearly everyone walking around exist solely to be driven over, punched in the face and maybe going hostile.
GTA has amongst the most attrocious gunplay I have ever seen in a game with guns. The city is not vertically playable, that is only, and I mean solely 'saved' by the existence of aircrafts, but completely pointless outside the "lets shoot or crash into something".
I'm not gonna speak of the story here between these games because those dont compare well I think.
The only thing that GTA does better is that there's more variety in shops and certain customization options and personally I would prefer the handling of its cars but one could still debate what means 'better' here.
How is pointing out the fact that GTA5, a game nearly a decade older than CB2077, had better water physics upon release an odd method of judging quality? You're joking, right? And I've seen plenty of playthroughs where NPCs at Night City are being driven over, punched in the face etc.; That's not just isolated to GTA players.

And did you honestly just say that GTA is not vertically playable? There have been aircraft in GTA for quite a long while now. CB2077 had to have modders implement aircraft into the game...something that arguably should have been a core mechanic since day freakin' one. But you at least do mention that the cars handle much better, so there's that.

Last edited by a moderator:
While trying not to wade too deep into the '2077 isn't game X' shit pile it always is, and recognizing the contextual difference; they are comparable on some levels.

"AAA", Open world, life of crime, a vapid world of consumerism, big city, critique of capitalism, guns, sex, being a video game, etc. These two have more than enough in common where I think quite a few comparisons are reasonable. Would anyone here who stans for the game tell me I can't compare the two if I were to say that 2077's missions shit all over GTA's? Would any of you also be defensive if I said 2077's First Person action far exceeds anything Rock Star has produced? No, none of you would. Almost no one here, if they're being honest, would do so. 2077 isn't Forza, so why have cars? honestly...

Personally though; I'm apt to be concerned with the topic at hand, and how it relates to this game and 'comparable' games. Robust AI that hosts intimate interactions with NPCs, routines, random encounters, and a fleshed out warrant/bounty system. They're missing. Them being included wouldn't make the game GTA either. Did any one or all of these things turn FF, BG, Ultima, ES, or FO into GTA? No, of course not. Why this argument is made baffles me.

As for the hot topic of water physics and what we could extrapolate from it - 'Characters turn into an inflatible tube man, cars barrel roll randomly when running over someone or something, cars and people commonly levitate even during combat, and NPCs(including enemies) don't respond to explosions unless they're injured or see you... b-b-big deal.' If that's the attitude; Does the moniker "AAA" mean anything then? Because I thought it was about meeting AND exceeding the boundaries wherever pertinent.

Did 2077 need GTA level water physics? Nah, not really. Did CDPR paint this game with that kind of brush?
“Without a doubt, quality is of paramount importance,” Kiciński says. “We strive to publish games which are as refined as Red Dead Redemption 2, and recent Rockstar releases in general. That game is excellent, by the way, we are rooting for it. Rave reviews, excellent sales. What does that teach us? Well, it teaches us that we need to publish extraordinary games, and that’s exactly what we are planning.”

Yeah... they did.

That being said - the game was clearly rushed out the door way too f*cking early. It should be clear for everyone by now even though I know there's at least two people here that refuse to acknowledge this. That's why as I will comment on what's there vs. what should be; I'm willing to withhold judgement and even give the team(s) the benefit of the doubt that much of the problems the game suffers weren't a result of stupidity, but that bad direction prematurely concluded a grueling development cycle. That means - yeah, the overall physics are pretty f*cked up in this game, but I'll wait until 2.0 drops to come down on them for that.

Seriously, ask yourself about the kind of game they were making and marketed, from start to finish, all the things that were said and insinuated, and then ponder whether or not if that sincerely sounds like something that could be well fleshed out in 3.5 years. The honest answer is No.

Last edited:
How is pointing out the fact that GTA5, a game nearly a decade older than CB2077, had better water physics upon release an odd method of judging quality? You're joking, right? And I've seen plenty of playthroughs where NPCs at Night City are being driven over, punched in the face etc.; That's not just isolated to GTA players.

And did you honestly just say that GTA is not vertically playable? There have been aircraft in GTA for quite a long while now. CB2077 had to have modders implement aircraft into the game...something that arguably should have been a core mechanic since day freakin' one. But you at least do mention that the cars handle much better, so there's that.
I suggest you read my comment again, carefully. Then attempt to understand what it says rather than spin it sideways.

GTA is not verically interesting no. If you CLEARLY read my post you would understand what I was getting. Your rebuttle shows you either didn't read or not understood it. I NEVER said GTA didn't have aircraft. I said aircraft are the only thing that add the illusion of it. The map by itself otherwise is flat, might as well be one story tall.

Top Bottom