(Don't Fear) The Reaper - No Autosave?

+
  • Platform - Xbox Series X
  • Version - 1.22
  • Boxed version
Issue: When starting (Don't Fear) The Reaper - there is no autosave at the entrance to the A-tower.

Description: During my previous playthrough on PC, there always has been an autosave point at the very beginning of (Don't Fear) The Reaper. On Xbox Series X however the autosave is absent. Is this intentional or perhaps a bug? Has anyone else encountered this?

Steps taken to resolve:
  • I have tried starting from an earlier save game
  • Experimented with not having certain gear equipped
  • Tried clearing the console cache by powering off, disconnecting from power, then powering back on

The only consistent info I found online was mostly PC-related and confirms what I had already known - there is an autosave at the beginning.

Would very much appreciate people sharing their experience here!

Cheers,
-N

I'm on XBSX, i had doing this end one time and i'm managed to survive (in very hard, chance, miracle... i don't know, but i survived).
Not sur for the autosave :(
For me, the only save aviable and make sense, it's on the roof (before the choice). For a one life's run, it's seem logic to me.
Because the goal for this ending is try not to die. Unfortunatly if you die, well, you die. It's the end > credits :(

Thank you for sharing your experience. Agreed, the goal is to stay alive in the mission. I just wish I did not have to do the 5-minute wait every time to try again.

I could not care less for autosaves in the elevator or before Smasher - but it is very handy to have one in the very beginning of the mission. I am also trying it on "Very Hard" - so not having to wait 5 min to retry would be nice.

I would just lile to know if this has always been the case on XBSX, or if I somehow faced a bug and need to do more troubleshooting, etc.

I could test if I have to (i have a roof save) but I think it's "normal". The backups are deactivated (manual and auto) when you sit on the chair (if you could try again easily, it would take the pressure off of not failing you) ;)

Edit: Well, test in progress :)
Post automatically merged:

Well, test completed (up to Smasher) :)
Manual Save :
Only possible on the roof just before sit on the chair nearby Misty. After, it's never available.
Auto Save :
The game never auto-save between my manual save (on the roof) and netrunner's room in Arasaka Tower (just before Smasher).
Weird, because if you die before, it's dead... you return to the roof for restarting... And if you die during Smasher's fight, you can reload just before.
5a910d30-cce5-4266-9050-320dfbddf5f6.PNG

It was easier than in my memories... Even if I have really good stuff :)
Prototype Shigen Mark 5 and Quazar (2 bullets) both fully modded (crit damage) and fully upgraded lvl 50.
100% crit chance and 280% crit damage with clothes and Cyberwares.

Last edited:
There is also no Autosave on PS4 either. Since there's one on PC I assume there's meant to be one on consoles as well.
I agree with the OP it can get a bit tedious having to wait 5 mins every time just to have another go, especially as the opening lobby section is the hardest part imo.

• Platform - Xbox Series X
  • Version - 1.22
  • Boxed version
Issue: When starting (Don't Fear) The Reaper - there is no autosave at the entrance to the A-tower.

Description: During my previous playthrough on PC, there always has been an autosave point at the very beginning of (Don't Fear) The Reaper. On Xbox Series X however the autosave is absent. Is this intentional or perhaps a bug? Has anyone else encountered this?

Steps taken to resolve:
  • I have tried starting from an earlier save game
  • Experimented with not having certain gear equipped
  • Tried clearing the console cache by powering off, disconnecting from power, then powering back on

The only consistent info I found online was mostly PC-related and confirms what I had already known - there is an autosave at the beginning.

Would very much appreciate people sharing their experience here!

Cheers,
-N
Same for me on Xbox One X, The only time it auto saved was after I entered on the elevator and before Adam Smasher Fight (belived.. I tried A LOT on very hard lvl 33... before I was very angry and level up to 46.. to see the auto save)

So as of 1.23 on an Xbox One X, I also didn't get an autosave on Don't Fear the Reaper at the very start.

Unfortunately, I also immediately locked up once I went through the metal detectors, lol.

So then I waited, retried it, and ran into a bug where I wasn't dead, but my character got knocked down and stuck in the floor.

Finally, after making it out of that first room, It autosaved four times, at different stages of the level. Which thankfully I didn't need, but it does seem weird to have autosaves later in the mission rather than the beginning, since doing the fights again isn't as bad as waiting for the secret ending dialogue to start.

Because lockups still aren't unheard of/uncommon, one at the very beginning would be much appreciated.

I did really enjoy this version of the ending, however (but I liked all the endings, which apparently puts me in the minority).

Top Bottom