Don't forget who you are. We believe in you.

+

Tuco

Forum veteran
Lets take for instance the dumbed down politics in W3. How the hell is CDPR gonna fix that without overhauling the entire story, the design of the world, the dialogue, etc. CDPR just forget about W3 and pour all your focus into CP2077.
Well, for a start in my opinion most of the complaints about the "dumbed down politics" I read so far are ridiculously overblown and frankly they seem to come from a position of irrational idealization of what TW2 offered before.

That said, with TWO expansions coming out in the next twelve months, I don't think it's unreasonable at all to ask/hope to see CDPR dedicate some effort not just to the new additional content, but also into revamping some of the pre-existing questlines.
If not for anything else, even just because when the expansions will be launched I'd love to use them as an incentive to replay the whole game, rather than as a ten-hours-long additional quest to play and then quit because "everything else is about the same".

That said, unlike the "political movement" I'd be far more interested in things like gameplay tweaks, additional possible outcomes for pre-existing quests and similar stuff, rather than in having barely some non-interactive tweak on the main plot.

Then again, I'm never been much into the "I play just for the story" mindset. I always thought games have to be engaging for what allow you to do, not for what force you to watch.

Isn't in the ending they already showed this? Like Ciri became an empress and White Orchard have bunch of temerian soldier in that area.

And radovid's redanian stuff in the Witcher one, but are they all over the map or only in White Orchard?

And radovid's redanian stuff in the Witcher one, but are they all over the map or only in White Orchard?

At least, Novigrad should change. that's the only thing I'm asking for.

One of the reasons I decided to help Vernon, Ves, and Thaler in the assassination of Radovid is because of the shitty environment he was creating within the city. The Witcher Hunters were brutal SS-like soldiers and as soon as their were no more "witches" to burn they turned to the non-humans. By the time act 3 rolled around I was like, "Shit, maybe Emhyr has the right idea. Maybe the world would be better off under Nilfgaard rule." At least that society treats other races with some semblance of tolerance. I don't see a need to change Velen at all, but Novigrad, for sure, needs to change.

Making games is hard and requires a lot of money. Hundreds of people in a office with it never really being empty, even on their "days off." People will get in at 8:00AM only to stay until 10:00PM, and some never even leave at all. Staying a full 24 hours to finish their work. People who have never worked in an developer environment will never understand that, but I'd love to just see Novigrad change. Just that one city.

I don't have that ending, try having Ciri being a witcher ending. So far in my play through, i got the sad and empress ending.

I seen some vids about the Witcher ending, I also got the emPRESS one, so that's why I was asking.

From what I've seen the changes are limited White Orchard (and Vizima very minor ones).

---------- Updated at 07:54 PM ----------

At least, Novigrad should change. that's the only thing I'm asking for.

Novigrad doesn't, that's for sure, but I was asking about what's actually in the game alreasy, as @mbaker51591

Exactlty this. Unreasonable requests.
Some people here are complaining that there isn't a post ending world.
Which would mean that:
1) They should redesign the entire areas in order to reflect who wins the war.
2) They should add and change a lot of dialogues.
3) They shoudl redesign mostly of the side quests.

I wasn't paying attention from the very beginning of this thread and how the actual conversation turned out, but please enlighten me, how is that a bad thing?"

It's be good but also very hard to do, which is what he said: Unreasonable requests

Of course it is a hard task, but it could be completed, slowly at least. They could introduce it in a patch, or a dlc, later on.

Nothing is impossible, if they are willing to do it, they can. But yeah, it is a hard task, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut not impossible!

I echo the sentiment that gameplay balance and combat tweaks should take priority. There's a number of key balance, AI and control issues you would think easier to fix than revamping quest outcomes. That used to be part of why expansions were made - to revamp existing gameplay. The story, for better or worse, can't be drastically changed. This is the last game in the series, their legacy as a studio who helped reshape modern RPGs ( yes I truly believe they have) is on the line. I feel TW3 should have the strongest post release support as a result.

Tuco

Forum veteran
I wasn't paying attention from the very beginning of this thread and how the actual conversation turned out, but please enlighten me, how is that a bad thing?"
It's asking for a shitton of work for something (post-credit end world state) which is frankly quite pointless and arguably shouldn't even be in the game.
Let's face it: the game just ends when you see the final cutscene and the credits rolling.

What comes after that is just CDPR conceding "Sure, feel free to screw around a bit if you aren't tired yet".

Quite frankly I'd prefer to see that amount of effort going into expanding the pre-eding world (more quests, more monsters, more interaction with major characters, etc) rather than see a considerable amount of resources wasted is some "flavor content" for a final victory parade across the map.

Well, for a start in my opinion most of the complaints about the "dumbed down politics" I read so far are ridiculously overblown and frankly they seem to come from a position of irrational idealization of what TW2 offered before.

I think when most people on the Forum talk about "dumbed down politics" we are referring to the whole Henselt dies anyway, Saskia goes missing, Radovid is just a mad hatter, etc. Basically pretending Witcher 2 never existed.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Yeah, these are things I will never understand.
How can people reasonably expect that a character who can just die in the previous game according to your choices could ever play any central role in the plot of the following title is honestly beyond me.

It's like they have no clue of how much effort for very little pay-off that would require.

Yeah, these are things I will never understand.
How can people reasonably expect that a character who can just die in the previous game according to your choices could ever play any central role in the plot of the following title is honestly beyond me.

It's like they have no clue of how much effort for very little pay-off that would require.

Pay-off depends entirely on where you're taking said story. It's not unreasonable for people to expect characters to return, but you might as well just remove choices if it's that much trouble. It seems like they went with their own story either way, but it still ended up with a swiss cheese.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Pay-off depends entirely on where you're taking said story. It's not unreasonable for people to expect characters to return
No, it's not. And in fact many have returned. I'm also absolutely confident that even more are expected to return on the two expansions.
What's absolutely unreasonable, on the other hand, is to expect characters that may be either dead or alive according to what you did in a previous game returning AND taking a central role in the new story.

I'm not even saying that it couldn't be done. The truth is even worse: it could be done at great expenses of the overall quality of the new game, because putting that much effort in creating branching scenarios before the new game is even beginning essentially means to steal resources that should be addressed to make it as internally complex as possible.
Think about it as having money to produce a ten episodes TV show and then spend half of the budget in producing five different pilots.

but you might as well just remove choices if it's that much trouble.
Apples and oranges. The choices are part of the game, not the premise to it.

It seems like they went with their own story either way, but it still ended up with a swiss cheese.
Uh... ok . I'm sure that starting with several different world states to begin with would have helped a lot, then!

Lol made a thread showcasing how terrible the LOD is, made a direct video comparison with some old footage, asking CDPR to fix it and they moved me thread to suggestions, where it'll get buried and forgotten right away.

Top Bottom