Dont like homecoming? play usurper

+
man usurper is such an annoying leader, i love it! so many salty arachas queen, foltest and demaven players please CDP don't change this leader ability

Last edited by a moderator:
I build a deck and started playing with Usurper today. My favorite was against Archas Queen . Reason for that is not only that I completely countered opponent whole strategy but also I played 2 Viper witchers and both of them banished 2 gold cards.

Usurper + Letho = favorite Gwent combo.
Post automatically merged:

man usurper is such an annoying leader, i love it! so many salty arachas queen, foltest and demaven players please CDP don't change this leader ability
It is a very strange way of thinking:

"I can't have fun so let's everybody will not be able to have fun unless everything will be as I want"

It is a way to nowhere.

I build a deck and started playing with Usurper today. My favorite was against Archas Queen . Reason for that is not only that I completely countered opponent whole strategy but also I played 2 Viper witchers and both of them banished 2 gold cards.

Usurper + Letho = favorite Gwent combo.
Post automatically merged:

Here you go again just as in the "Usurper is broken with 2 mulligans" thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/usurper-is-broken-with-2-mulligans.10993006/

As explained there, you have countered nothing. You did not have to think about what card when to play. It's Usurper that automatically breaks decks that rely on leader abilities. And then combined with the card Letho that doesn't need any thinking either.

Here you go again just as in the "Usurper is broken with 2 mulligans" thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/usurper-is-broken-with-2-mulligans.10993006/

As explained there, you have countered nothing. You did not have to think about what card when to play. It's Usurper that automatically breaks decks that rely on leader abilities. And then combined with the card Letho that doesn't need any thinking either.
In fact I countered his entire swarm strategy he was aiming for with my leader.letho just denied him of mulligans decreasing his chance to get good cards.

what happens in usurper mirror? who usurps whom? usurper usurps usurper obviously, but in which order. is it usurper coin + or coin -. and what's the point of usurping the usurper. i swear two usurpers may be the best possible drinking buddies. them lot could write an existential bestseller in no time.

what happens in usurper mirror? who usurps whom? usurper usurps usurper obviously, but in which order. is it usurper coin + or coin -. and what's the point of usurping the usurper. i swear two usurpers may be the best possible drinking buddies. them lot could write an existential bestseller in no time.

In case of a match between two Usurper players, I would like to suggest that these players are "awarded" by having all card abilities disabled and playing for strength points only. I think that would be perfectly aligned with the Usurper mindset.

Last edited:
DONT LIKE HOMECOMING? DONT PLAY IT

Only occasionally check on forums to see if there's an update that changes more than +/-1 on cards

P.S. Sorry for the huge font, I simply copied the topic

Moderator's note: the huge font has been fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think i figured it out. It's the Usurper usurps the usurping of usurper which prevents the usurping of usurper. USURP AWAY.

Funny you are asking this because I had this scenario hour ago. When I clicked on his leader icon it was locked but mine Usurper wasn't . I think its because I played first.

When I clicked on his leader icon it was locked but mine Usurper wasn't .
Same thing happened in the one mirror I ran into. Makes no difference though, since the ability doesn't do anything beyond "locking" the opponent Leader anyway.

Usurper is horrible for foltest and demaven, which happens to be my decks. I love it.. I almost shit my pants when I see I have to play nilfgaard with all their locking units, and then lock leader too?? dang. Nilfgaard is such an underpowered deck it seems, at least it is good for something, stopping NR.

Hah, I finally understand what you mean. I've been trying Usurper for the first time the last few days, and it's sadistic. Haha. I call my deck Usurpers oppression. I'm not a sadistic guy, but in this game it feels pretty good to be sadistic to opponents.

Hah, I finally understand what you mean. I've been trying Usurper for the first time the last few days, and it's sadistic. Haha. I call my deck Usurpers oppression. I'm not a sadistic guy, but in this game it feels pretty good to be sadistic to opponents.

[...]
"I can't have fun so let's everybody will not be able to have fun [...]"

[...]
I am not even losing many games against Usurper, however my games against Usurper (whether I lose or not) are exactly the games I do not GG my opponent.
For a good reason.
Usurper is the prime example for everything wrong with Homecoming.

Top Bottom