Don't Tarot cards from endings?

+
So everytime I get either of the two missing tarots from the endings I don't keep them after the credits etc is this a bug or is that by design? Bugs the completionist in me.

Also the items like certain weapons and V's cloths from the endings don't seem to be kept neither.

If it's intentional, I hope a new game plus allows us to keep this stuff atleast.

There's a hidden endgame save in the savegames folder that doesn't show up ingame, the missing stuff is probably saved there

So everytime I get either of the two missing tarots from the endings I don't keep them after the credits etc is this a bug or is that by design? Bugs the completionist in me.

Also the items like certain weapons and V's cloths from the endings don't seem to be kept neither.

If it's intentional, I hope a new game plus allows us to keep this stuff atleast.

Progression is lost after youre booted back outside. Its not a bug....its intentional. Youre booted to the last save before entering the elevator. Great idea if you want to see multiple endings. Horrible idea if you thought you were keeping all your loot.

Its the dumbest mechanic ive ever seen.

Im keep telling myself im done talking about this...but people who dont frequent these forums keep coming here and asking the same questions about this shitty mechanic cdpr thought was a good idea.

Thats why there needs to be a sticky explaining how this games ending works. People are losing their ability to free roam afterwards because theyre not manual saving before going in.

There's a hidden endgame save in the savegames folder that doesn't show up ingame, the missing stuff is probably saved there

The files are not hidden. All the saves you do are plainly in there. However it doesnt matter. The only save file there that this mechanic uses will be the last save file that was recorded before the player stepped into the elevator. Thats the save the game will boot you back to. If you didnt remember to manual save.....your done.

Last edited:
The files are not hidden. All the saves you do are plainly in there. However it doesnt matter. The only save file there that this mechanic uses will be the last save file that was recorded before the player stepped into the elevator. Thats the save the game will boot you back to. If you didnt remember to manual save.....your done.

It's not hidden in the folder but it doesn't show up in the saves you can load (EndGameSave-0). This is different from the point of no return save.

So I assumed that I would need to load my manual save just before pressing the button to go up in the elevator. And that would be the one I need to reload later after I do my secret ending for the game. I did not press the up button and instead I stepped out of the elevator and am now grinding my character stats and weapons as much as possible now before trying the secret ending.

I had thought that after the secret ending I would then go back to the elevator SAVE and play around in the world from there again until the DLC comes.

But you are saying I can go up the elevator and there will still be other points after that I can manual save and then load up after I complete the game? And those latter saves will keep all my gear up to that point and still allow me to wander the game world as I please?

So I assumed that I would need to load my manual save just before pressing the button to go up in the elevator. And that would be the one I need to reload later after I do my secret ending for the game. I did not press the up button and instead I stepped out of the elevator and am now grinding my character stats and weapons as much as possible now before trying the secret ending.

I had thought that after the secret ending I would then go back to the elevator SAVE and play around in the world from there again until the DLC comes.

But you are saying I can go up the elevator and there will still be other points after that I can manual save and then load up after I complete the game? And those latter saves will keep all my gear up to that point and still allow me to wander the game world as I please?
No. All the pickup's in the endings. With a few exceptions are not carried over. You saving within the endings means nothing. You can't exit those areas. Hence why the PONR. Once you clear an ending. Everything is lost. And you start in front of embers. Because of their dumb logic.

It's not hidden in the folder but it doesn't show up in the saves you can load (EndGameSave-0). This is different from the point of no return save.

What im trying to say here...and to other people who dont know....is that progression is not saved. The file you speak of is the default file the game made to boot you back outside. I always suggest the manual save before going in...as this endgamesave file has corrupted for many people. The items are gone....its as if the arasoka attack never happened.
Post automatically merged:

No. All the pickup's in the endings. With a few exceptions are not carried over. You saving within the endings means nothing. You can't exit those areas. Hence why the PONR. Once you clear an ending. Everything is lost. And you start in front of embers. Because of their dumb logic.

This right here. ^^^^^^^

So to be clear the only good manual save I will get to reuse after the ending is the one I made right before pressing the up button then? Right? My only other fear is that this will mess up the DLC in some way later. Unless you are forced to start a new character for the DLC...

So to be clear the only good manual save I will get to reuse after the ending is the one I made right before pressing the up button then? Right? My only other fear is that this will mess up the DLC in some way later. Unless you are forced to start a new character for the DLC...
The manual save is just for a chance the save gets a bug and goes bad. If the game had no bugs. The games is designed to reset you in front of embers on purpose. Because they are idiots. They didn't simply clear the game. And not let you replay the endings. Like every other mission in the game. So you could keep what you got. And than finished what you had left over.

Yes, you finally got it.

Ive tried explaining this in many threads. I cant say it enough.....there needs to be a sticky post made about this idiotic mechanic.

Top Bottom