Don't use smart weapon against Tyger Claw

+
When I was a newb, I thought my game was glitching out when shooting at Tyger Claw with Smart Link weaponry because nothing would hit LOL... Later it all made sense when I realized Smart weapon is Tyger Claw specialty. They are sort of immune to it. And no the free Smart link tattoo you get from one of the mission is not the problem. Even if you switch to your own Smart Link Ripper sells, you still cannot aim at Tyger Claw with it properly..

Always carry a Non-smart weapon in your load out =)

Hmm, curious.

Speaking of Tyger Claws, I was in an all out shootout with them not long ago, I've disabled all the cameras and somehow their netrunner was still able to track me down and hack me even though we weren't in each other's line of sight.

Then I realized, one of the goons from the same gang was hiding behind a dumpster just to keep an eye on me for that netrunner, as soon as I killed him the hack failed...

I'll have to try out this tattoo from Wakako as it's quite aggravating how their bullets swarm me when I'm trying to parkour around an encounter.

Hmm, curious.

Speaking of Tyger Claws, I was in an all out shootout with them not long ago, I've disabled all the cameras and somehow their netrunner was still able to track me down and hack me even though we weren't in each other's line of sight.

Then I realized, one of the goons from the same gang was hiding behind a dumpster just to keep an eye on me for that netrunner, as soon as I killed him the hack failed...

I'll have to try out this tattoo from Wakako as it's quite aggravating how their bullets swarm me when I'm trying to parkour around an encounter.
I do believe that was the netrunner himself.
In fights where you are getting hacked, if you ping/look and see one of them crouched with hand to head, that's who's hacking you.
They line of sight you and then hide.
Even a single non-killing shot hits them the hack will fail. Tech weapon head shots do the trick nicely too. :D

I do believe that was the netrunner himself.
In fights where you are getting hacked, if you ping/look and see one of them crouched with hand to head, that's who's hacking you.
They line of sight you and then hide.
Even a single non-killing shot hits them the hack will fail. Tech weapon head shots do the trick nicely too. :D

Nah I could see the netrunner (with a perk) through the wall, he was at the back of the compound.

The guy that was keeping a line of sight was a goon with a shotgun.

When I was a newb, I thought my game was glitching out when shooting at Tyger Claw with Smart Link weaponry because nothing would hit LOL... Later it all made sense when I realized Smart weapon is Tyger Claw specialty. They are sort of immune to it. And no the free Smart link tattoo you get from one of the mission is not the problem. Even if you switch to your own Smart Link Ripper sells, you still cannot aim at Tyger Claw with it properly..

Always carry a Non-smart weapon in your load out =)
Tyger Claws I encountered were somewhat unaware of that and died from the smart rain of death any time I encountered them :) But it maybe because I bought a regular, all the same, but costly, smart link before I even got the smart tattoo.

I really wish the game did a better job of letting you know about this. The very first time I got a smartlink & gun, I went to try it out in a real firefight. By sheer dumb luck it was against some Tygers. Of course, never having seen a smart weapon working, it took a very long time (and a few deaths/reloads) to realise that actually none of my attacks were connecting.

I thought it was a very tough fight against bullet-sponge enemies. Not until a few unsuccessful minutes did I try switching back to my power weapon and ended up killing them in what was actually a dead-easy skirmish.

There really needs to be a clear cue or something when your smart weapon is being jammed. Even a simple text message in your FoV "Smartlink jamming!" would do it. That, or a playable smart weapons tutorial which demonstrates what jamming looks like.

It's really immersion-breaking when I have to pause the game, alt-tab-out to a web browser and search the internet to understand what's going on in the game I'm playing.

Smartguns have unreliable effects on Tyger Claws, but a good old fashioned shotgun? Fixes them right up. ;)

That said, I shoot everything with tech weapons...assuming I don't hack their brains out of their ears first.

Or send one cyberpsycho and sit down with some pop-turd to enjoy the show.

Yes, I actually stopped using smart weapons altogether when I realised how pitifully low their DPS is. I was fooled by a display/visual bug in the game/inventory which made their damage look way higher than it really was. Later-on I tried my smart rifle in a firefight against non-Tyger enemies and it was trash. Sure, every shot connected but the damage was so low I may as well have been fighting with no more than harsh language.

I'm yet to fall in love with tech weapons. In principle they are just what I want because I prefer fewer shots fired with bigger damage, than lots of lower-damage shots. But - I've not found it easy to get the charge-up timing & aiming of tech weapons right. Too often the round fires while I'm not quite on-target, and then I have to wait to charge another shot. A missed shot deals zero damage so effective DPS is way lower than power weapons which just deal good damage all of the time.

In this play-through I committed to playing a solo-style character. I recently ditched my cyberdeck (and all stealth gameplay) for a sandevisitian system. Next play-through I'll probably go for a netrunner-style character with a very different play-style.

I've only briefly used a smart weapon just to see how terrible they are xD

There's no substitute for being able to use a power weapon well. One hit kills on very hard difficulty almost every time, even with a humble SMG like the Shigure, if you have decent aim and a headshot and/ or stealth+assault optimised character build.

My V keeps a thermal damage (she also has electrical and physical versions of this spec) epic Shigure just for the Tyger claws;

• 110% crit damage
  • 2.85x base headshot multiplier (4.35x when equipped)
  • 6% burn chance
  • Countermass and epic crunch mod
  • XC-10 Alecto suppressor (2.5x headshot damage with only 15% damage reduction)
  • No scope attachment, because there's no need - the default sights do the job.
Results in ~50k damage dealt if critical headshot from outside combat. If things go tits up and full auto has to be used, she and it can wipe them out very fast (on very hard difficulty) because of their thermal weakness.

Alternatively, in my V's experience, I've seen that running up and knifing groups of them, if you have a good spec knife also works really well :p Though, again, this relies on your character being stealth/ blades optimised and having a good spec of blade weapon.

Last edited:
Same here. I bought the legendary smart link and forewent the tattoo.
personally like the tattoo cause of its protection attribute - its fun to stand uncovered seeing them wasting their bullets on mm char without noticing they cant hit me at all. ^^

Smart guns are completely pointless anyway if you can aim like at all.
true but skippys cold blood killer is one of the easiest/fastest ways to grind some serious exp out of missions/gigs - u can rush either pacificas beach or valentinos center park nearly braindead non stop without stopping by a single time. only recrafting bullets will spare u break for some mins at all ^^

Last edited:
true but skippys cold blood killer is one of the easiest/fastest ways to grind some serious exp out of missions/gigs - u can rush either pacificas beach or valentinos center park nearly braindead non stop without stopping by a single time. only recrafting bullets while spare u break for some mins at all ^^

You'll hit 50 way before you reach the end anyways if you do the side missions. so I would never bother.

You'll hit 50 way before you reach the end anyways if you do the side missions. so I would never bother.
sure - but than again you lose the opportunity to get all the shiny legendary gear & weapons out of the missions/gigs which become lootable with your level at 36+ (better 40+) ^^

sure - but than again you lose the opportunity to get all the shiny legendary gear & weapons out of the missions/gigs which scale with your level at 36+ (better 40+) ^^

Which stop mattering at all if you make a focused build caue you can 1shot everything regardless, or you can take crafting to just upgrade them in quality and it levels to you at the same time as none of them drop at yellow quality.

DDDDDDdddammmmmm.... so THAT is why I could never shake the hacks no matter how many obstacles I thought I was hiding behind. See again I thought it was a slight bug. I love this game but with so many small bugs actually in the game and so little feedback to the player that is just what you think of first instead of that it is a feature.

THIS is the stuff that should have been in that dammed player guide I purchased instead of all the pretty pictures. I got a coffee table book (a lovely one to be sure) instead of what I paid for, player guidance. At least it was half the price of the guides I have purchased in the past.

Top Bottom