Don't want to advance the main quests yet.

+
Don't want to advance the main quests yet.

The title says it all... I want to gain a few extra Xp by killing monsters but I dont want to advance the quests, especially the one with the Striga... I want to examine the Striga's crypt but I dont want stupid Velerad to lock me in.. how can I do that? And I cannot find Raven's crypt... what should I do?? I found teo out of three wayfarer's stone and I am searching for the third...

ritualassassin said:
The title says it all... I want to gain a few extra Xp by killing monsters but I dont want to advance the quests, especially the one with the Striga... I want to examine the Striga's crypt but I dont want stupid Velerad to lock me in.. how can I do that?
I thought it was speaking to Velerad that got you locked in. He locks you in if you just walk up and go inside?

And I cannot find Raven's crypt... what should I do?? I found teo out of three wayfarer's stone and I am searching for the third...
There's a map of Raven's Crypt on the Witcher Wiki, here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Raven%27s_crypt

I recall having found Raven's Crypt before talking to Kalkstein. But even with a map, the cemetery swamp is disorienting, cave entrances are well camouflaged, and it seems to be harder to find when you're looking for it than when you're not.

Thanks everyone for your responses and I especially thank Max Strauss for the video.... it helped a lot.... Rave's crypt is the greatest source for gaining XP!!!

Corylea said:
I thought it was speaking to Velerad that got you locked in. He locks you in if you just walk up and go inside?
Corylea unfortunately I tried to enter the crypty unnoticed, but when I approacehd Velerad, the quest continued automatically... I had no option to say that I can't do it at that moment!!!

ritualassassin said:
Corylea unfortunately I tried to enter the crypty unnoticed, but when I approacehd Velerad, the quest continued automatically... I had no option to say that I can't do it at that moment!!!

I think you cannot enter the Striga's Crypt except as part of the main quest. I suspect that just approaching the door will trigger the scene with Velerad, and then you are locked in to proceeding.

Completing the Striga quest does not force you into any other Act V quests, so even if you complete it before you want to, nothing is closed off, and you aren't forced into the endgame.

Anyway, it's a dull place for monster farming or level grinding.

Graveirs and cemetaurs respawn at Kalkstein’s lab.
At the banks of this isle / hill of the Striga’s crypt you also meet at night bruxae and garcains. But I don’t remember if they respawn too after you killed their leaders, the trophy monsters Lily and Vetala

Top Bottom