Doom 2016

+
Doom 2016

During Bethesda Softworks’s E3 conference, the publisher showcased the first gameplay of the upcoming Doom game.
It also looks fast, and retains the over-the-top and super-bloody nature of the original.
We also heard about Doom SnapMap, a set of mod tools that will let you create maps and game modes on any platform, and to share them instantly with other players.
The new Doom is still developed by id Software, and will be released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. You can enjoy the first single player and multiplayer videos below

@octavian123
It finally happened!

Last edited:
I mostly really like what I saw but I think the amount of ammo and health pickups is very very imbalanced. I am also concerned that if ammo and health drops off enemies this might hinder exploration, which is a big part of the originals.

Looks like it could be great, we just need to hope that they understand the original and can translate that into a modern game without screwing it up.

One thing that bothers me is that almost every monster is gray, which makes them a bit hard to distinguish. This can present problems in such a gameplay oriented game.

The shotguns lack just a bit of extra "oomph" and ammo and health drops are WAAAY too fucking imbalanced. 30 health for an imp and 80 for a Hell Knight? Are you kidding me? Should be 5 for an imp and 15, maybe 20 for a Hell Knight.

too adhd even by doom standard. doom 3 had atmosphere and pacing, this looks like just bland boring monster spam.

way to wear out the chainsaw animation by having it play 50 times in a single gameplay session.

total design failure.

cyseal

There was a lot of hustle in MP beta.
Everybody's saying DOOM will play as original and not so developed in the story. I wanted this DOOM would be more like Dead space survival horror with strong narrative and story.

Last edited:
Well, this is supposed to be a return to DOOM's roots, so anyone expecting this to play like a survival horror game are unfortunately out of luck. Personally, I enjoy both styles, the classic fast-paced DOOM and the darker, slower, survival horror-esque DOOM 3 (Which was not well received by the majority of DOOM fans) I'm really hoping that this is good, I'm looking forward to playing this.

cyseal

Well, this is supposed to be a return to DOOM's roots, so anyone expecting this to play like a survival horror game are unfortunately out of luck. Personally, I enjoy both styles, the classic fast-paced DOOM and the darker, slower, survival horror-esque DOOM 3 (Which was not well received by the majority of DOOM fans) I'm really hoping that this is good, I'm looking forward to playing this.

Yes. this will be more like arcade shooter but some levels will be much darker survival horror tone. But, nothing like Dead space.

Here is a brand new video showing uncapped FPS using Vulkan on the new 1080 Nvidia GPU, Enjoy! P.S. - Looks much faster than Beta and the visuals look improved as well -

looks very good, but i don't like that it's so fast paced, the single player looks like multiplayer,

---------- Updated at 07:20 AM ----------

Holy christ it's fast paced. I hope I can maintain at least 60 fps with my 980.
the recommended gpu is a gtx 970, so there shouldn't be any problem with a 980

looks very good, but i don't like that it's so fast paced, the single player looks like multiplayer,
I have to disagree, the Beta MP was too slow, DOOM is supposed to be almost frenetic - Fast-paced demon slaughtering at its finest.

Holy christ it's fast paced. I hope I can maintain at least 60 fps with my 980.
Told you it was fast, yeah it surprised me as well actually. I also have a GTX 980, what 980 do you have? I own the EVGA GTX 980 SC. I think we'll both be fine. In the posted video above, although its hard to tell, I swear the graphics, mainly the particles, smoke and explosions look better than MP Beta.

Which is something I expected, during the Beta the Advanced graphical options were locked. I was hoping we'd get a good amount of options and so far it looks like we'll definitely have a lot to tweak. There will be a Nightmare Ultra graphics setting, check it out if you haven't had the chance -
http://wccftech.com/doom-pc-feature-ultra-nightmare-quality-setting-game-mesmerizing-4k-gsync/

I have to disagree, the Beta MP was too slow, DOOM is supposed to be almost frenetic - Fast-paced demon slaughtering at its finest.

Told you it was fast, yeah it surprised me as well actually. I also have a GTX 980, what 980 do you have? I own the EVGA GTX 980 SC. I think we'll both be fine. In the posted video above, although its hard to tell, I swear the graphics, mainly the particles, smoke and explosions look better than MP Beta.

Which is something I expected, during the Beta the Advanced graphical options were locked. I was hoping we'd get a good amount of options and so far it looks like we'll definitely have a lot to tweak. There will be a Nightmare Ultra graphics setting, check it out if you haven't had the chance -
http://wccftech.com/doom-pc-feature-ultra-nightmare-quality-setting-game-mesmerizing-4k-gsync/

MSI GTX 980 gaming 4g. I'm sure I'll fine too actually. The visuals look good, but they don't look Tomb Raider good which is a game I definitely can't max.

MSI GTX 980 gaming 4g. I'm sure I'll fine too actually. The visuals look good, but they don't look Tomb Raider good which is a game I definitely can't max.

Yeah, kinda crazy to think that enough time has already passed since I purchased my GPU that it's getting closer to becoming "outdated". It will run the majority of games maxed 1080p @ 50-60 fps for at least another year or so, however, I have to admit the new 1080p from Nvidia is looking awful tempting at that price point for performance. I'll wait for the benchmarks to roll out, so far it sounds almost too good to be true ::Fingers crossed::

I haven't tried running the new TR game yet, is it that demanding? It certainly looks good from what I've seen.

For those looking for a better look, here's another camera angle with better quality of the video that I posted above -

Last edited:
Top Bottom