Doppler, succubus mutagens, Golem heart at shopkeepers. Rare or miss drop fix.

+
Doppler, succubus mutagens, Golem heart at shopkeepers. Rare or miss drop fix.

Some items are easily missed by a lot of players, due to story decision making or drop rarity, which are missed by a lot of players must be fixed by allowing the items to be found at shop keepers (could be expensive it doesn't really matter) .

In this large scale game one Doppler encounter or two Succubus is just isn't enough, especially when they are portrayed as victims and feel sorry for.
After several encounters with Elemental Golems that do not drop a hart or the In the hart of the woods ancient Leshen that do not drop a mutagen.

We would like to have the option of playing the story as we like instead of being forced to kill a creatures even though the player decides that it is unnecessary.

IE: I didn't want to kill the second succubus but I had to for the mutagen, I didn't want to kill the ancient Leshen (to support the old ways) in which it didn't drop the mutagen anyway and the player feel really bad about it.

An option must be given to a player to purchase these at a merchant or a shopkeeper in order to not effect story gameplay decisions.

Thank you CDProject Red for the best game I have ever played, and thank you for reading this!

This is no hassle, and by using a console command you are disabling steam achievement did you know that?

And it will be borderline cheating which beats the purpose.

This will be a non-issue when NG+ rolls out. You can collect whatever you missed the first time around.

dont forget thats a game about hard decisions, it just works this way, buying mutagens in a shop just doenst feel right, after all its something you get after a monster fight, like a trophy, sure its not nice to kill dopplers or other nice creatures, but thats just the way it works, its a hard decision for you because thats a hard world you play in.in the Witcher.
Why should a shopkeeper be a better option? technically you would still get a mutagen from a nice doppler just someone else killed him instead of you, not that huge difference if you think about.
Its your game, its your playstyle, let him alive and be happy that you have done something good or kill him for your own personal interests to get stronger

We would like to have the option of playing the story as we like instead of being forced to kill a creatures even though the player decides that it is unnecessary.

I wouldn't. I'd much prefer to have to agonise over whether or not getting an achievement is worth killing an innocent creature for. That's the whole point of having such mutagens in the game.

I am over 110 hours into the game and only half way, which means I can forget about doppler Mutagen. I don't know if every player will go for NG+.

This is no hassle, and by using a console command you are disabling steam achievement did you know that?

And it will be borderline cheating which beats the purpose.

Look that is one of the points of TW games. You kill dopler you get yourself ingredients, if you don't, you feel good and get some reward. It was in TW1 you kill werewolf you get a unique ingredient, that is not obtainable anymore, you don't you are a cool witcher and you get a friend. In TW2 (1st part) you badly need a trolls tongue, there is only one troll in the location, a friendly one. Your move.

BTW console inTW3 doesn't disable achivments as in BL or Fallout or Skyrime etc. Second of all you are trying to achieve something trough trading when there is a whole big, fat point was implemented into game. So yeah , no cheating. Go and make your decision.

Last edited:
Look that is one of the points of TW games. You kill dopler you get yourself ingredients, if you don't, you feel good and get some reward. It was in TW1 you kill werewolf you get a unique ingredient, that is not obtainable anymore, you don't you are a cool witcher and you get a friend. In TW2 (1st part) you badly need a trolls tongue, there is only one troll in the location, a friendly one. Your move.

BTW console inTW3 doesn't disable achivments as in BL or Fallout or Skyrime etc. Second of all you are trying to achieve something trough trading when there is a whole big, fat point was implemented into game. So yeah , no cheating. Go and make your decision.

and you are able to get that tongue also without killing the troll, your argument isn't correct, but know what you wanted to express with it ...
If there wouldnt be soon NG+, i would have the same opinion as the OP.
But knowing, that there is now NG+,. the problem is solved by that, cause you can kill the doppler on first play through for the Decoction, and on NG2, you spare him and get therefore the Gwyhyr Lvl 42 sword schematic...

Succubus were never a problem... kill the first that you find, spare the other, or vice versa.. you had only a problem, if you absolutely for whyevers sake you want to spare both... but if you look at it precisely, the firts one is a potential danger to the people of Novigrad, even when the Novigrad Succubus defended only herself, there was no need for her to kill the humen, she could have fled when the humen were weak, but she did not, she wanted revenge, had her emotions not under control and killed them in the end, so that they could say later, if someone saw it.. it was self defense... but self defense doesn't mean, that you have to kill. The point in self defense is, that you make your enemies unable to move, so that you can flee, cause to kill somebody in order of self defense isn't really the spirit of self defense, unless you get absolutely forced to do it with no other choice beign there.

Thats why I had no prolems with killing the first Succubus, in the end it was even her own decision to attack me, if you take the option that leads to the fight, Geralt doesn#t say even anythign provocative that could lead to a fight, but the Succubus rather attacks Geralt, instead of seachingm forherself a new place where she could live - maybe somewhere outside of Novigrad in one of the many left huts in which no one lives anymore ...

The Doppler is a different thing, cause theres only 1 Doppler in the whole freakign game, you can't make here a decision like, 1st kill, 2nd spare, or vice versa liek with the Succubi.
Here was a solution really required by either addign another Doppler, or another way to get the sword schematic, so that you could kill the one dopper for the mutagen without missign the schematic - ultimately, NG+ will be for that now the solution, so once im there, I'll have also no probklems with killign the Doppler and on my NG+ forward on, I'll spare him then, when I will already have the Doppler Decoction then from all the stuff that will be taken over to NG+ from the 1st playthrough

NG+ or not i rather not have that trophy or item , i will never kill them and i'm feel good with my choice

There are dozens of schematics in the game, and the mutagen isn't that important. I'm curious on why you would need it?

Simple Reason, one that Devs/Mods seem not to know/understand - Perfectionism.

Not tha the decoction is the absolute ultimate best decoction of the game, that you need to have, but its just nice to collect them all and have them all.
Havign there just 1 decocation, that the game denies you to collect, because you had chosen to spare that Doppler just leaves a very bitter taste on a perfectionists tongue.

There are alot of people out there (me included), which are with their playthroughs first then happy, if they have seen everything, have done everything, have no single FAIL MARKS or failed quests, collected everything, wear the best equipment in the game that you can get and finish it with Platinum Trophy and so on... the true meaning of playing a game through to its fullest detail, the literally 101%

PS: see it like this way: You have a collection, you have 9 of 10 items that you can collect already and then you learn about it, that you iwll be never able to complete your collection, cause you made somewhen in your past a decision, that you can't make reverse to get the last piece thats missing for you and that decision was a one time chance...thats the way how perfectionists feel, when they meet on such not well thought out designs that are absolutely unforgiving.

Last edited:
and you are able to get that tongue also without killing the troll, your argument isn't correct

That is only if you could beat the guy in poker and decide to keep lady-troll's head instead of giving it to troll.

spolier; in TW3 they make it easy spare Succubus in Novigrad and she will give you the trophy

The point of dopler is all about your decision, you can't have it all. And Gerald doesn't kill doplers even if they robed a friendly person. Cos doplers are harmless. When you got time read the books, that will clear a lot of questions for you

Last edited:
That is only if you could beat the guy in poker and decide to keep lady-troll's head instead of giving it to troll.

spolier; in TW3 they make it easy spare Succubus in Novigrad and she will give you the trophy

You are again not "completely" correct.. you can buy a Trolls Tongue also from that drunk* Elf Vendor - * if i remember right, he was drunk ^^

quick look, ah yes, this one
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Cedric_(NPC)

Simple Reason, one that Devs/Mods seem not to know/understand - Perfectionism.

Not tha the decoction is the absolute ultimate best decoction of the game, that you need to have, but its just nice to collect them all and have them all.
Havign there just 1 decocation, that the game denies you to collect, because you had chosen to spare that Doppler just leaves a very bitter taste on a perfectionists tongue.

There are alot of people out there (me included), which are with their playthroughs first then happy, if they have seen everything, have done everything, have no single FAIL MARKS or failed quests, collected everything, wear the best equipment in the game that you can get and finish it with Platinum Trophy and so on... the true meaning of playing a game through to its fullest detail, the literally 101%

PS: see it like this way: You have a collection, you have 9 of 10 items that you can collect already and then you learn about it, that you iwll be never able to complete your collection, cause you made somewhen in your past a decision, that you can't make reverse to get the last piece thats missing for you and that decision was a one time chance...thats the way how perfectionists feel, when they meet on such not well thought out designs that are absolutely unforgiving.

Thank you for clearing my point!

Some players prefer a single play through of 100% completion instead of doing NG+ all over again (another 200 hours! because they are perfectionists) of gameplay.

I think that's "completionist".

Out of curiosity, did you play the other two games? Because neither of them allow you to do everything in a single playthrough.

I think that's "completionist".

Out of curiosity, did you play the other two games? Because neither of them allow you to do everything in a single playthrough.

Yes I have and I know that it requires in both games at least 2 playthroughs to get to see everything due to the split up between Roche and Iorweths Path and in TW1 base on your Decision, of which Faction you joi,n either the order of the Flaming Rose, or the Scoia'tel... and this time you decide, if either Redania or Nilfgaard wins and what kind of fate you and Ciri will have at the end of the game, which means, that you need to do multiple playthroughs here again also to yet to see everything, which is why NG+ is such an awesome feature for TW3

There are *lots* of Golem hearts available in the game.

There are *two* Doppler and Succubus kills available. Both require the decision to kill a "normally" peaceful creature, but in each case at least one of them is unprovoked in attacking Geralt or other humans.

If you choose to kill the Doppler "Imp", Geralt points out that the doppler has just failed to win a fight which it initiated against Geralt. The Novigrad Succubus also killed an entire patrol "in self defence", and attacks Geralt if he questions the action.
The Skellige Succubus does appear to be genuinely "harmless" at least from what we see, but the Skellige Doppler is part of a plot to attack Geralt and was probably directly involved in the failed attack on him which has already been taken at that time, *and* is known to be intimately involved in a conspiracy to murder. Whether the risk of taking on his group is worth taking depends on whether you fancy the odds, and how much you want the Decoction... but both Contract Dopplers seem candidates for elimination IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom