Dos any one want Yennefer to be in TW2 AOKS?

+
Dos any one want Yennefer to be in TW2 AOKS?

i think it would be interesting triss and Yennefer dukeing it out over Geralt lol

This would be a very interesting development because Triss was always jealous of Yennefer and Geralt's relationship and wanted him for himself. Geralt has lost his memory but remembers that he once loved a sorceress, but assumes that's is Triss. When he finds out Triss has not told him of Yennefer, he's going to be pissed.

Haven't read The Witcher saga to the end (damn language barrier) but what I've heard it's kind of impossible to bring her back.. Superb character tho. But life goes on.. :)

evmiller said:
This would be a very interesting development because Triss was always jealous of Yennefer and Geralt's relationship and wanted him for himself. Geralt has lost his memory but remembers that he once loved a sorceress, but assumes that's is Triss. When he finds out Triss has not told him of Yennefer, he's going to be pissed.
yes i got that cos i chose something the king siad about tiss and Geralt and i got that message as well

evmiller said:
Its weird that the other Geralt's friends never mentioned her.

Its weird that the other Geralt's friends never mentioned her.
This is wrong. If you've played the mini expansions of The Witcher 1, in one of these
(when you have to make money to get out of jail Dandelion)
Dandelion talks about Yennefer to Geralt.
I thought that Triss was the game trasposition of Yennefer!
(and I thought that the Dandelion's note about Yennefer was just a translation bug...but now I see they are 2 different women in the game too!)
OMG, and I've chosen that witch instead of Shani at the end... *_*I thought it was the real Geralt's woman...How do you know this?I've just read 1 Sapkowski's book (the last wish) because it's the only one translated in italian... perhaps in the others chapters the story goes on... ?However, considering these points, it should be interesting see Yennefer in TW2!

Irx

Senior user
morganmerrimar said:
How do you know this?I've just read 1 Sapkowski's book (the last wish) because it's the only one translated in italian... perhaps in the others chapters the story goes on... ?
Of course, The Last Wish is just a 1st book of the Geralt's saga, there are 6 more. =)

Keep in mind here that I've only read "The Last Wish", and "Blood of Elves", but It is very clear that Geralt and Triss are very close friends and Geralt does care for Triss, but it seems that Triss uses his on-again off-again relationship with Yennefer as an excuse to try to get closer to him. I found it a little shady that after he loses his memory that she takes advantage of the situation and steps in as a love interest, saying nothing of her friend Yennefer.I also seem to recall Triss talking to one of her buddies in the mirror about Geralt and there was some concern of him finding out about something once his memory started to return. As I mentioned, I've only read 2/7 novels and Yennefer might be dead which means Triss is well with in her right to pursue Geralt all she wants

Dos any one want Yennefer to be in TW2
No. She's gone. If all characters start coming back from the dead, it dilutes the concept of death itself. Soon we'll see old villains making reappearances in future versions because..hey...death is like another vacation.

evmiller said:
I also seem to recall Triss talking to one of her buddies in the mirror about Geralt and there was some concern of him finding out about something once his memory started to return. As I mentioned, I've only read 2/7 novels and Yennefer might be dead which means Triss is well with in her right to pursue Geralt all she wants
Very interesting. In the 1st TW I remember the part where Triss talks with the mirror, she wants to hide something. So Yennefer is dead... how sad *_* I didn't know it...so I think it has no sense to bring her back in the story, hasn't it!?How is Blood of Elves? I didn't buy it because here in Italty is available only in english (the last wish is the only one translated in italian). But if it deserves to be read... I'll buy it anyway.

Blood of Elves was very good, but it didn't have much of an ending sense you are meant to continue on to the second book. Triss and Yennefer both get a good amount of focus in the book. Hopefully once TW2 becomes a smashing success, somebody will get cooking with the translations of the other 5 books into English. I mean how successful does the Witcher have to be to prove there is a market for the books.

I totally agree with you, Evmiller. And I hope the whole saga will get translated in the future, at least in english. (and Mr Sapkowski should bless the CD Projekt guys!) TW has been very successful in many countries and TW2 has every reason to exceed the success of the first We keep on waiting.About "The last wish", I miss only the last 2 chapters, and I'm going to finish them one of these nights. But so far I've never heard of Triss. She must be only in "Blood of elves". Btw, today I've ordered the book, I hope it will arrive before Christmas. But Yennefer is dead... baad spoiler >.

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
...Back on topic, if Triss has had the good luck to survive in the story, it's right that she'll be the only one in TW2.
What's your view about Shani?
For mercy's sake do not answer that question.An ancient evil (topic) lies imprisoned in the darkest abyss, known to us only as the "Shani or Triss?" (topic). If you answer that question, the beast will be unleashed once more, and will drown the forum in flame and blood. For the good of all (forum members) do not answer that question.@e-ahmetHow dare you attempt to free that evil (topic) again?

Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
Vilgefortze said:
...Back on topic, if Triss has had the good luck to survive in the story, it's right that she'll be the only one in TW2.
What's your view about Shani?
For mercy's sake do not answer that question.An ancient evil (topic) lies imprisoned in the darkest abyss, known to us only as the "Shani or Triss?" (topic). If you answer that question, the beast will be unleashed once more, and will drown the forum in flame and blood. For the good of all (forum members) do not answer that question.@e-ahmetHow dare you attempt to free that evil (topic) again?
Ahem... well, ok. Quite intimidatory, Vil!I haven't read much about that topic, but I guarantee you I will try to keep blood and flames out of this one!Personally, I like her more than Triss. She's prettier and sweeter. Soo cute! Playing TW, I initially chose her. But after 1-2 hours, I reloaded the game for Triss (cute, very cute too, but acid, isteric and liar!) So why did I choose Triss!? Well... I thought it was the famous sorceress loved by Geralt, called Triss instead of Yennefer by producers. (at the game's beginning she says "Oh! Don't you remember! You loved me! And bla bla bla... well, just up to this topic I discovered that Triss and Yennefer were 2 differents ladies...).So that's why I chose Triss, but I've always preferred Shani.And what about Shani for TW2? She shouldn't appear, did I understand well?And last but not least: what about Shani in The Witcher's Saga? Has she ever appeaerd in any book?

Vilgefortze said:
@e-ahmetHow dare you attempt to free that evil (topic) again?
Mwah hahaahahaa
Vilgefortze said:
Ahem... well, ok. Quite intimidatory, Vil!I haven't read much about that topic, but I guarantee you I will try to keep blood and flames out of this one!Personally, I like her more than Triss. She's prettier and sweeter. Soo cute! Playing TW, I initially chose her. But after 1-2 hours, I reloaded the game for Triss (cute, very cute too, but acid, isteric and liar!) So why did I choose Triss!? Well... I thought it was the famous sorceress loved by Geralt, called Triss instead of Yennefer by producers. (at the game's beginning she says "Oh! Don't you remember! You loved me! And bla bla bla... well, just up to this topic I discovered that Triss and Yennefer were 2 differents ladies...).So that's why I chose Triss, but I've always preferred Shani.And what about Shani for TW2? She shouldn't appear, did I understand well?And last but not least: what about Shani in The Witcher's Saga? Has she ever appeaerd in any book?
Ok, so you didn't like Shani. I'm not gonna start a flame war over it. I was just curious when you said it's only right if only Triss appears in AoK. I personally prefer if Shani was in AoK too.
Vilgefortze said:
Actually shani appeard once when Geralt was in Oxenfort with Dandelion.
Actually I was reading that part yesterday. Despite the books, she had a major part in the game.

e-ahmet said:
Ok, so you didn't like Shani.
Actually I've always preferred Shani (I have just explained why I chose Triss - beacuse of a bad interpretation of book characters and game characters)
e-ahmet said:
I'm not gonna start a flame war over it. I was just curious when you said it's only right if only Triss appears in AoK. I personally prefer if Shani was in AoK too.
Me too! But let's explain why I've mentioned only Triss for AoK: I didn't know that Shani appeared in TW saga too (I've read only the 1st book), so that's why I hadn't considered the chance to see Shani in TW2. (I thought it was only a character created by TW producers) OF COURSE, if they both are characters from the original story, and they aren't gone forever as Yennefer, they should appear in TW2 together.
e-ahmet said:
Actually shani appeard once when Geralt was in Oxenfort with Dandelion.
In which book does Shani appear?

@MorganmerrimarShani helps Geralt apprehend Rience in Oxenfurt. She later appears at the site of battle of Brenna with a halfling surgeon. More or less minor roles, but is shown to be determined and independent.@e-ahmetThe evil (topic) you serve will never be free again. You're one of the lesser acolytes of the cult, and your weak attempts to spark violence has failed, little one.

Top Bottom