Double Down glitched

+
This new Seasonal Mode that replaced Banished seems absolutely riddled with glitches. The Double Down rule clearly states that you have to play units from the hand to get the bonus unit, but for some reason, playing a unit from the deck is currently activating it. Then, there are problems with erroneous Assimilate triggers, and craziest of all, playing a Disloyal unit causes the next unit to be played from the opponent's deck. I'm sure there are probably even more that I haven't noticed yet. CDPR likes to take their time with card balancing, but serious glitches like these need to be corrected as soon as possible, ideally during testing before the new ideas are even implemented.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I havent tried it, but i remember last year, that thing with spy units going to fetch from opponent's deck also happened, so i doubt they will fix it.

But you're saying summoned units also trigger the seasonal effect? I thin that's new, and it definitely sounds like a glitch that should be fixed, and the other stated glitches.

Honestly, the game mode itself is just bizarre. I have never seen the game stack so many effects at once. It's like trying to play MTG on steroids.

i think it's a lot of fun. The spies always did pull a unit of the same provision from your opponent's deck. If there are not any units of the same provision in your opponent's deck, it won't pull anything.
As far as which units trigger the effect, it is the first unit "played". So spawned units will trigger only if they are also 'played' (and they are the first) not just 'summoned'
i agree the wording in the description could be more precise, but that's not really anything new either :)

Yes, in the first decks ive created i didnt put oneiromancy because, based on the descriptin, oneiromanci should play only one card.

But no, if you summon a unit with oneiromanci it will put another unit with the same provision.

But as far i could understand from the description "in you hand" i thought the card shuld be in "my hand"

I like this event a lot better than banished, it is a bit glitchy but the concept is quite good. There are a lot of different possibilities with DD and I like the mechanics to it.
Post automatically merged:

I really liked Trial of the grasses event as well. I wracked up over 100 wins in that event.

The seasonal rules state "whenever you play a unit from your hand", but the extra card played is triggered when a unit is played from your deck (oneiromancy) or from the opponents deck (cantarella), as well as various other duplication effects.

This one would be fine if they wrote out how it works or fixed it to match the stated rules, but I liked the fast Banished games a lot peronally as a break from normal games.

ideally they could have 2 seasonal options available all the time. One long, one short. (Like Battle Rush + double-magic, or Banished and Double Down, etc.)

This one would be fine if they wrote out how it works or fixed it to match the stated rules, but I liked the fast Banished games a lot peronally as a break from normal games.

ideally they could have 2 seasonal options available all the time. One long, one short. (Like Battle Rush + double-magic, or Banished and Double Down, etc.)
Adjusting the description could only address one of the problems I listed. Right now, Double Down says, "Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from your deck. Your starting deck is doubled in size at the start of the match." So if they wanted people to continue using tutors and not be able to abuse effects like Dandelion: Poet, then they could alter the description to read, "Whenever you play a unit for the first time each turn, play a random unit with the same Provision Cost from your deck. Your starting deck is doubled in size at the start of the match." Otherwise, they need to change the gameplay to reflect the current description.

I suppose they could even add a line to the Double Down description about Disloyal units playing cards from the opponent's deck if the developers really like the way that currently works, but Assimilate being triggered when playing cards from your starting deck is 100% a glitch that NEEDS to be fixed as quickly as possible It's already been a week. Assimilate's description is quite clear: "Boost self by 1 or the specified amount whenever you play a card that is NOT FROM YOUR STARTING DECK."

I wish my first post in these forums wouldn't concern such an unpleasant issue, but sadly that's the case: I'm fed up with NG players abusing the Seasonal matches system. The point is that I actually like going against Nilfgaard in general, usually the matches are very interesting. However, being favored by a faction advantage is one thing, but exploiting bad code that specifically benefits your faction is a whole other animal.

Not only do I humbly request CDPR to fix the issue so I don't have to insta-concede against any NG player in Seasonal (just in case they're cheaters), but also I expect Gwent to enforce the same measures other first-rate online games do against people who abuse the system.

Assimilate being triggered when playing cards from your starting deck is 100% a glitch
Starting deck, to me (and I can find others saying the same), means what the deck is in the deck builder, and therefore the added cards are not in your starting deck because they're added by the mode.

W
Starting deck, to me (and I can find others saying the same), means what the deck is in the deck builder, and therefore the added cards are not in your starting deck because they're added by the mode.
Whether or not this was a bug or an oversight, it obviously breaks the mode and should be changed before the mode returns. While I would not call those who take advantage of it “cheaters”, I might still question the sportsmanship of people who repeatedly use clearly imbalanced exploits like this.

clearly imbalanced exploits
I'm pretty sure that if it was an imbalanced exploit it wouldn't be in the game after two years. As far as I know CDPR have never made a statement about it, but I see no way they're not aware that some players consider it an issue because, again, two years.

Same with the spy thing, by the way. Has been the same since 2019.

Well, Double Down says your starting deck is doubled in size before the match begins. Ignoring the fact that the way things currently work makes Assimilate completely broken, I think it's reasonable to assume that Seasonal players now have a starting deck of 50+ cards rather a starting deck of 25+ cards with 25+ completely new cards added to it.

To be honest, if I was in charge of game design, I would alter Assimilate so that it wasn't even triggered when playing copies of cards that appear in your starting deck; seeing that it's supposed to represent how Nilfgaard absorbs things from other cultures/countries and adapts them to serve the empire, getting Assimilate triggers off your duplicated Duchess's Informants doesn't make much sense.

I'm pretty sure that if it was an imbalanced exploit it wouldn't be in the game after two years. As far as I know CDPR have never made a statement about it, but I see no way they're not aware that some players consider it an issue because, again, two years.

Same with the spy thing, by the way. Has been the same since 2019.
That's not really true at all. Seasonal Modes only affect one month a year, so saying that it's been true since 2019 only means that it's effectively been a problem for a little over two months. For reference, there's still a game-breaking bug that's been in the Android version of Gwent since launch (practically a year) which consistently crashes the game when using the deck builder, and the crown point display for Journey was broken for like six months before they finally figured out how to fix it. CDPR doesn't seem very capable when it comes to fixing glitches. The content creation is top notch, but they need more programmers and testers.

Gotta say it's actually quite funny if you put Card's in you're Deck in the provision cost of the NG Gold spies (and keep them in the Deck with no other Card's with the same provision cost) which those Nilfgaardian Spy players most likely don't want to play, I just played a match where I did put in some Card's that aren't exactly the ones they most likely want to play and which can lead to some bad rng like Kambi, Iris Companions and Prince Villem while I was playing mainly selfwound units with Artis and the No boosts Dire Bear on board.

Those Nilfgaard matches ended up being quite hilarious and I did win both of them :ROFLMAO: But another Match against Skellige ended badly.

Last edited:
Gotta say it's actually quite funny if you put Card's in you're Deck in the provision cost of the NG Gold spies (and keep them in the Deck with no other Card's with the same provision cost) which those Nilfgaardian Spy players most likely don't want to play, I just played a match where I did put in some Card's that aren't exactly the ones they most likely want to play and which can lead to some bad rng like Kambi, Iris Companions and Prince Villem while I was playing mainly selfwound units with Artis and the No boosts Dire Bear on board.

Those Nilfgaard matches ended up being quite hilarious and I did win both of them :ROFLMAO: But another Match against Skellige ended badly.
That's Funny... Before the current viper witchers came around and clogging your opponent's deck was actually an art form, I used to love maneuvering crap like epidemic into their deck. Or placing it on the top of my deck to bait out cantarella... It was funny when it worked :)

Top Bottom