Double Dryad Deck

+
That was before the patch, right?

Also, isn't Isengrim wasted on only 5 spells max?

Codexhel;n8241340 said:
Isengrim is a tempo option to help win R1. 5 spells is pretty ideal actually...

I agree that 5 specials is quite enough. I used to run 6 or more, but the chances to draw useless/dead cards in R3 were very high and I lost a lot of battles because of that. But with 5, it's just perfect and I nearly always manage to use all of them before R3.

I would go another BMC instead of a third Dragoon.
Iorveth is highly questionable to me here. I get Mardroeme but still... If you swap Yaevin to something else though.
I do run a somewhat similar deck but I do not rely on one strategy. Maybe that's why I'm not 4,500 anymore :p

Mmmm I don't see the point of extra BMCs. Now that the healers have been replaced, there's only dragoons that you want to be flipping, apart from NG bronze spies and cows. In that case with only Dragoons being a good flip target 3 Dragoons 1 BMC makes a lot of sense. Multiple BMCs also makes rally a riskier proposition.

Re: Iorveth: The idea is that the deck runs almost no removal in its spells to preserve the spell chain integrity, and as such doesn't run spells like Thunderbolts, Alzur's and D-Bomb. This, coupled with the fact that ST can have subpar point potential as a round drags on, means that a proactive Gold card that can stunt the opponents' point total is good. Add to that the fact that there's Roach, and only Isengrim is an ideal early puller of Roach, means that Iorveth serves several purposes. Triss used to fill the slot pre-patch, but Iorveth is now straight up better than Triss. Note that I rarely used the Gold damage for much so it wasn't too heavy of a nerf.

That said, as the meta has developed it's clear that this deck is suffering a little bit. Although Weather is the most classical counter, Harald is a tough matchup (no locks and Yenn:Con vs ST), Henselt is a tough matchup (no weather no d-bomb). NG tends to be favoured still, and consume monsters is arguably the deck's best matchup, but compare it to pre-patch, where SK Discard, Monsters Consume and ST (even matchups) were all you saw, the deck had a 75+% winrate prepatch. It has dipped pretty hard into the mid 60s now.

This deck will resurface when the meta strongly favours it again. In the meantime, Harald and Henselt's preponderance will make this deck a much weaker climber, which also means that it will be far weaker in midrange where weather (its most traditional counter) is.

In the meantime ST wise I've been experimenting with Dorfs (row stacking and True Dorfs), as well as Spell'Tael. Eithne is quite an interesting leader that I've been exploring too.

That said I don't think the deck straight up runs only one strategy... It's surprisingly flexible and resilient and has the potential to break even against its hardest matchups.

Top Bottom