Doubters, be assured! CDPR is listening.

+
Doubters, be assured! CDPR is listening.

While reading a recent post on the Witcher forums, from darcler, http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/28717-Interview-with-Adam-Kiciński

I ran across this post from a CDPR designer on page five, in response to Reptile's worry, ( my bolding of wordadages follows):

I can assure you, we are always listening.

I can't comment on the current situation, since, as a Quest Designer, I am not really privy to that kind of information. [Edited by Sard for some reason]

From my perspective as a Quest Designer, I can assure you we all aim to deliver what The Witcher is known and loved for. Aaaand I will get back to doing that right now.

So, please note an actual DEV posted in a FORUM around here and, AND, he said they were always listening. At least on the Witcher forums.

So another confirmation that the bastards are spying on us! Stealing our good ideas! Quick, no one say or even think anything clever! Oh, wait. Never mind. Just go about as usual. Yeah.

This is why CD Projekt RED is my favorite development company (and publishing company since they publish their video games in Eastern Europe.) since 2007 when I purchased The Witcher.

CD Projekt RED always listens to their customers and best of all they don't over price their video games or sell us DLC's and microtransactions and are ANTI-DRM.

Please CDPR, no PvP MP.

If you must implement some type of MP let it be four player Co-Op like in Mass Effect 3 - that was really awesome.

Of course, put 90% of your work to single player & 10% in MP.

He meant pay no attention to the No MP guy, duh. Not you, Slim.

I..think. Damn it! Years of sarcastic retorts and cynicism have polluted me to the degree I'm not sure of anyone any more.

That's what you meant, right, Aiden?

Forum veteran
CDPR listens to us? In that case, I have this awesome idea. So the characters from the PnP game are most likely incredibly familiar to a lot of old players, so CDPR should totally switch up their personalities to make things fresh for everyone. I mean, complete, total overhauls of their personalities that fans would never see coming. That way, we all get the same kind of fresh experience the first time through the game.

And balloons and rainbows! Why do dystopias never have balloons?

CDPR listens to us? In that case, I have this awesome idea. So the characters from the PnP game are most likely incredibly familiar to a lot of old players, so CDPR should totally switch up their personalities to make things fresh for everyone. I mean, complete, total overhauls of their personalities that fans would never see coming. That way, we all get the same kind of fresh experience the first time through the game.

Won't they all be dead anyway?

Yeah, they should be dead by the time 2077 rolls around. CDPR will likely create interesting characters no matter what, but it's a shame we won't know Alt.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
..I hate you so much. You know that, right?
So I assume that means you won't be backing me up on my idea to have family-friendly cyborg petting zoos, then? I get that my ideas are gold and you wish you came up with them, but jealousy is ugly, Shakeandbake.

i am sure we will see many new characters, you know this isnt 2020 this is 2077

Forum veteran
i am sure we will see many new characters, you know this isnt 2020 this is 2077
You know what? You're absolutely right.

They should be aged 50 years and be wise-cracking old people who have miraculously survived to that point. Naturally, they would constantly reminisce about the "good ol' days" and complain about how times were better back when they were young. It would be like Cranky Kong in the Donkey Kong Country games, but more Cyberpunk. I feel this would be a truly rewarding implementation that everyone can enjoy.

You know what? You're absolutely right.

They should be aged 50 years and be wise-cracking old people who have miraculously survived to that point. Naturally, they would constantly reminisce about the "good ol' days" and complain about how times were better back when they were young. It would be like Cranky Kong in the Donkey Kong Country games, but more Cyberpunk. I feel this would be a truly rewarding implementation that everyone can enjoy.

sure......but surviving more than 50 years in Night City??

He meant pay no attention to the No MP guy, duh. Not you, Slim.

I..think. Damn it! Years of sarcastic retorts and cynicism have polluted me to the degree I'm not sure of anyone any more.

That's what you meant, right, Aiden?
That would be correct,I'm not sure why he 's not banned yet.

Forum veteran
sure......but surviving more than 50 years in Night City??
They're really resourceful! And maybe even immortal because of nanomachines, but that would just be implied. You don't want to give away too much at once, you know? The most important thing is the levity that their jokes would add to the game, though; it's important to not focus on the dark stuff too much. I mean, sure Night City is a dangerous place, but so is Detroit. That doesn't mean everyone in Detroit is sad, though. I checked—Detroit has balloons. That's a fact.

Top Bottom