Downloadable content announcement

+
Mike said:
http://www.sciagnij.pl/programy/1,93888,5710169,Wiedzmin_Edycja_Rozszerzona___czesto_zadawane_pytania.html?as=3&ias=5&startsz=x#englishThis site is official distributor of dowloadable update (link to english version of the site)
thanks

i think if it is real its likely that its going to be an official mirror that has just put the stuff up early or an agreed time and the web team is behind in linking it. I mean look at the blood patch, it's only downloadable from mirrors....

Valine said:
Valine said:
Your supposed to need your key to download it?
That was my understanding.
From what I read, everyone who is registered as game owner here on this forum/site (for which you needed your key), should be able to download the patch.

janekk said:
Even if its real deal ( and i belive so, its trusted portal ) speed is :dead:
If you are using Internet Download Manager you should not have any problems.Iam downloading with about 480/sec and my line is supposed to be 4 megs.

I thought the game would be available here: http://www.thewitcher.com/registration/For sure after you've entered your CD-Key and registered your copy... so... I don't really trust this site... but I am downloading... to get it is better not to have it later if it is really the "right" one...

Planewalker said:
I wonder... if only game owners can download the update, why haven't I been asked for proof of that? ???
The verification begins during the installation process, not while downloading the files."Q: Do I need to be on-line during patch installation?A: Yes, you must be on-line throughout the installation process so that your registration data can be verified. No private data is taken from your computer during this process."

I'm in the SE USA and downloading now for about 20 min. My progress is at 25%. Depending on your connection, it may be bearable or not.26%............27%.............28%.......... :)

janekk said:
Even if its real deal ( and i belive so, its trusted portal ) speed is :dead:
Yes, its real slow now. While downloading starts with over 1000 kb/s for 3 files... its now on 270 kb/s (~ 80 kb/s per file) - and I'm "nearby" in germany. Too much downloaders... but no one should have expected anything other than that :) Sorry for the peoples oversea... :( As for the key: It would make sense to let the installer by itself check for a registered version. With a check by the download place they couldn't offer any mirrors, what would be horrible with this filesize. So I think this is a "real" download and the installer checks the key during install... anything other doesn't make any sense to me at all.

The download for the UK language pack completed 3 mins ago.Both Avast antivirus and Spybot S&D say its clean.The actual patch is about 37% through...Waiting...

uglyjoe said:
uglyjoe said:
I wonder... if only game owners can download the update, why haven't I been asked for proof of that? ???
The verification begins during the installation process, not while downloading the files."Q: Do I need to be on-line during patch installation?A: Yes, you must be on-line throughout the installation process so that your registration data can be verified. No private data is taken from your computer during this process."
If so, they should make the installation file available on many different file servers, including perhaps torrent trackers. That would make downloading easier for everyone.

I expected to wait till I got up for this to show up, its just 1am now here into Friday. The day has barely started and isn't over yet with Euro time. Its going to be well worth the wait but I see some people can't contain themselfs. The nudity censorship I've seen can be "patched" to show the censored images (large patch), I never heard of the decaps, then again I've only seen the UK and US versions. Here NCIX was able to import the uncensored version, and even label it as such. This version doesn't contain the Polish decaps that are talked about, so if this is true (I'd like to see a clip) its not a real uncensored edition of TW.This has happened many times before, look at Fallout with the children missing in the UK version, while the US version had them. Again, this can be patched though I'm not recommending it here, just stating.

Well, I suspect we'll see soon enough if it genuine or not. Assuming it is though, someone at CDP-R must be having an apolexy about it.

12 kb per sec yay 20 h to go! Might as well hunt some kangaroos in the mean time...and why does a third party website have the stuff the official website dont huh?

Top Bottom