Downloading in GOG Galaxy, that fails everytime

+
Downloading in GOG Galaxy, that fails everytime

Hi, I have just installed Witcher 3, so I downloaded all patches that were released. But I can´t play the game, it says I have to wait for release of game. Seriously? It´s been 9 days now. But now, thing that is in title. Something, that starts with "UPDATING:Witcher 3..." and is 320MB big is downloading everytime. When downlading is finished, it says "moving" and then it just ends and starts again. Sometimes it just ends in middle of download saying somethinng like" Download failed" (not exact name, but it doesn´t say anything special). Does someone know, why is this happening, maybe how to fix it?

Last edited:
Probably a shot in the dark but have you tried synchronizing your internet date and time ? Start from Control Panel>Date and Time>Internet Time then click Change settings and finally tick the Update now button . Also ensure your Time Zone is correct for your location .

Oh, I wasn´t thinking about this. But I don´t know, when I reinstalled the game, it was just fine. I still had "Release in less than an hour", but it worked. Now I have just "Installed". Still, thanks for advice.

Don't use galaxy. Just download manually. When game was still "new", you needed to download an extra "file to play" so to prevent early access. I think it's since been incorporated into patch "1.02". From there, you'd just click the 1st install file, let it go through and install, then click patch 1.02 .exe file and game is patched and ready to play. Sounds like it wasn't applying the patch, and what you reading is hard-coded to the pre-patched install.

Top Bottom