DPI Settings Won't Stick

+
Pretty much just what the title says. For some reason, changing the high DPI settings for the executable only works once, and gets reset on the next launch of the game. I need this setting to stay how I put it, because nVidia Integer Scaling doesn't work unless DPI scaling is performed by the System, and without the integer scaling, the game looks blurry when running at 1080p on my 4k monitor. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to stick, even going so far as to edit the registry settings, but nothing has worked to make the setting stay after a game restart. Is there any way to do it that I may not have thought of? Or is this a bug?

Hi.
I use nVidia control panel to allow bigger resolution then 1080p. At some point, the option to have those resolution was deactivated, like it was a bug, the checkbox to set them active was de checking itself. Although the higher resolution were created and present, the game could not use them because of that.

Hi.
I use nVidia control panel to allow bigger resolution then 1080p. At some point, the option to have those resolution was deactivated, like it was a bug, the checkbox to set them active was de checking itself. Although the higher resolution were created and present, the game could not use them because of that.
I don't think you understood what my issue is. My problem has nothing to do with Dynamic Super Resolution, which is what you described.

Let me rephrase my issue, in case it's not clear to others: I have a 4k monitor, but I have to play at 1080 for performance reasons. Playing at 1080 on a 4k monitor makes the game blurry. However, using nVidia Integer Scaling makes the game not be blurry. The problem is that integer scaling only kicks in when I set the executable's DPI settings to be managed by the System. Unfortunately, this setting gets reset every time I close the game, and I have to set it again before starting the game every single time. My question was whether or not there is a way to make the setting stay the way I set it, so that I don't have to do this.

Thanks for the precision. If you haven't done so already, maybe enabling the DPi setting has an adminstrator and for all users of the machine will prevent it from resetting. As in. Right click on the executable > Compatibility tab: clicking directly on "Change settings for all users", first checking the box "Run this program as an admistrator" and then choosing the DPI setting you need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom