DRAFT - First impressions

+
I think abandoning a deck should have limits. 1 time a day for free perhaps? After that it is locked for 24 hrs. That way legitimate bad drafts can be abandoned, while people just rerolling until they get their perfect draft have limits.

I play arena daily when it was available to get away from competitive rank sometimes.

I already stop playing draft now and I almost never play seasonal.

Now with the expansion, there are plenty of new decks to try but in 1 or 2 months, I will probably be bored.

Draft at the very least needs some entry cost and reward.

Decided to give draft a try this month... Worst mistake i could've make.

This mode is even worse than before, just completely ridden with morons who redrafted the deck a million times until they got 2-4 of those diamond packages, or those that redrafted until they got stockpile with a ton od dandelion-priscilla-vysogotta.

Played against one of these specimens, i even managed to counter and eliminate every single one of his engines for the first 4 turns of R3 with careful planning, and was ahead 30pts... doesnt matter, on last 5 turns those stupid charge engines just go crazy and its impossible to beat unless you have more counters.

Then played another guy that immediately played his leader charges (white frost) on R1 and i still way ahead, but i lose because the devs havent fixed the defender situation and after i killed his 1st defenders, he puts up a 2nd that neutralizes my entire hand. Such skill.

I wont touch this mode again until the devs put some system to keep retards from redrafting until they get the deck they want without any cost.

PS - i didnt get this angry from 2-3 of these horrible matches, that could've been just bad luck. No, it was 10 matches on 2 different drafts, where this happened systematically

I played draft a bit more after a break. Apparently, some positive changes have been made in this time. The draft is now more balanced. I don't see those crazy overwhelming charges or coin domination. Those archetypes are still present, but thankfully not in gigantic proportions within a certain deck.

Most decks now feel like a combination of two archetypes. It seems that's because leader and key card never matched for me, so I ended up with decks that were not of a single character. But they were playable and generally fun. I tried various leader abilities and got to 7 wins with different ones.

It would be good to add or rotate leader abilities. I think there is only ten or so total. Also, some cards brick even within a pack of three. How CDPR came up with those I have no idea. More tuning is required for the packs.

Keep up the good work. :coolstory:

Attachments

• gwent (1).png
    gwent (1).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • gwent (2).png
    gwent (2).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • gwent (3).png
    gwent (3).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • gwent (4).png
    gwent (4).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • gwent (5).png
    gwent (5).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
I wasn't initially against the decision to remove both the entry fee and the rewards from Arena, but after having experienced the new Draft mode, I definitely think that it was a mistake to do so. There really should be some sort of penalty for immediately scrapping a deck without even playing with it just because you think you can do better; otherwise, this mode will turn out to be even more broken than the base game. Assuming nothing changes, I don't really see myself playing the new Draft mode much.

Without rewards it's not that enticing and if they were to charge a fee for playing it wouldn't be enticing either. I'm really only interested in making progress in the reward book or being able to craft new cards and to a lesser extent, transmuting ones I have.

The ability to change your deck without a penalty is a plus. Even so, I changed my deck over ten times and I never got something that I truly liked.

I'd like to be able to pick any card I liked from any faction. Might be fun if we all could.

RIP Arena :shrug:

Actually, Arena isn't what I had in mind. You couldn't pick ANY card that you wanted. You had to pick from a selection. Not the same thing. I would like a real free pick. It seems to me that some people got offered cards which would make for a good deck, with things like synergy at play. Like I said, I'd end up having to put up with bad decks just to play, even after many reshuffles.

To prove me wrong as far as some people getting better options for their decks, you'd have to have players be offered the exact same cards in the exact same manner and see if they could have created a decent deck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom