Draft Mode comes out of Early Access!

+
So, I've played several runs in the new Draft. I won't say anything about the draws and leader abilities because they all remained same as before. I will however say that I am puzzled by the reward system.

With 7 wins I got zero powder and gold non-animated card that I can only mill for scraps. Since powder is the most desirable currency in the game, it kinda makes sense for most players to get only 5 wins total and forfeit the rest. However, even in this case the powder is not guaranteed. I had a few runs with 4-5 wins but did not receive any powder. So, I assume it's a random reward.

I suggest CDPR to update the rewards so that players receive premium (animated) card with 7 wins. It might also be logical to gift a card from the faction the player was using in that draft.
draft 7 wins.png

So, I've played several runs in the new Draft. I won't say anything about the draws and leader abilities because they all remained same as before. I will however say that I am puzzled by the reward system.

With 7 wins I got zero powder and gold non-animated card that I can only mill for scraps. Since powder is the most desirable currency in the game, it kinda makes sense for most players to get only 5 wins total and forfeit the rest. However, even in this case the powder is not guaranteed. I had a few runs with 4-5 wins but did not receive any powder. So, I assume it's a random reward.

I suggest CDPR to update the rewards so that players receive premium (animated) card with 7 wins. It might also be logical to gift a card from the faction the player was using in that draft.View attachment 11276107
Yes i already blame about that.

But I have hope devs will change The reward sistema (or not, since its seems they want to seel pownder for players)

[...]

Never playing Draft again.

The rewards for 7 games of draft is a joke. 1 crate and 30 random resource is all you get for 3 hours of play and 150ore/3keys spent. What a joke, I feel sorry for people who actually pay for draft tickets. Even if you win 4-5 games you are still only gonna break even resource wise. NOT WORTH IT.

For comparison I can easily get 4-5 keys just by playing a couple games in standard once a week doing journey quests and dailies. I don't even need to pay for that. Why should I ever play draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like it more if Draft rewards were more Powder oriented. We currently don't have anyway to convert our bazillions of scraps into anything useful, so it would be nice if we could at least, in some way, trade Ore/RPs into powder. I guess I'll just play Draft during the period in between seasons for now, cuz it doesn't sound too appealing - Not only due to rewards, but also because of lack of deck/gameplay variety.

Small indie studio couldn't update packages and create a contracts to this "very cool and interesting" mode tor a year. It was such unfortunate situation when smth bite the ass of devs and they removed Arena. Good luck.

With Draft Mode the Developers wanted to create something which is each time refreshing and to have cards in the deck which can work together. I think you can't have both. I have played it several times when it came out but I kind of lost interest in it. The combinations of cards seemed to me were handmaden which costs to maintain. Every time they bring new cards they would have had to adjust the decks for Draft, which they obviously didn't do.

Some months ago StanislavOZZO wrote in the forum something like: "he is done with Draft Mode...after a while he knows all draft decks..."
That's when I knew this mode is dead. You don't want to play the same over again.

I just watched the introduction video of Arena. I never played Arena because of the entry-fee but
Why not bring back Arena with a bit more focus on balance?
Something like: choose 25 times one card out of 3-5 random cards with provision Y

cardsprovision
29-10
211-12
113+

Draft, Arena or whatever it is called will always be a niche. A movitation to play this mode would be when
players actually get powder respectively it would be a way to transform other resources into powder.

It's still not clear to me how much resources we get under the current conditions.

For me Arena wasn’t the way of getting resources, it was a mode, where you could rest of all the metadecks you’ve been encountering every day. Because every new deck in Arena was different, thanks to complete randomness of the cards you could pull.
But this Draft kills the idea of combining random cards to create synergies, instead you’re given what they devs want you to create and play.
So after a couple of matches you already know all the decks, thanks to that “beautiful” card packages idea.
Now instead of playing with something unique, we only play pre-combined variations of decks, the devs made for Draft. Which is even more boring gameplay than playing on ladder with 3 metadecks every game.

So, does this mean we can finally get Arena back. As someone who has 2000 Arena hours and hasn't played in a year because it was stolen from us, can you please just add it back for those that loved it and those who never got to try it? I don't understand why they took it away; if you don't like the mode, don't play it. I really miss gwent but I will always refuse to play meta v meta. Is there any way to still play Arena anywhere?

So, does this mean we can finally get Arena back. As someone who has 2000 Arena hours and hasn't played in a year because it was stolen from us, can you please just add it back for those that loved it and those who never got to try it? I don't understand why they took it away; if you don't like the mode, don't play it. I really miss gwent but I will always refuse to play meta v meta. Is there any way to still play Arena anywhere?
I don’t know why they removed it.
I guess it was too similar (read better) to their new Draft mode, that’s why removed it in fear of no-one would play Draft when Arena exists.
I personally cannot imagine playing Draft, when I can have fun in Arena.

Great job. I just faced full bomb ST with 4 MADOCS! IN F ING DRAFT! HOW ARE BOMBS OFFERED SO MUCH TO ST I ONLY SEE IT ONCE OD TWICE in other factions. Bombs.Are.Neutral.
Are you purposely pushing no unit nonsense, first with Milva in meta and now in draft with bombs and Madoc? [...]

Top Bottom