Draft Mode comes out of Early Access!

+

We're happy to announce, that the Draft Mode is no longer in the Early Access phase, and it's now fully released.

This introduces two major changes:
  • There will be now entry fee
But,
  • There will be prizes!
We know that there is a competitive spirit in a lot of you, and that you wanted to have some stakes in playing, so that is finally happening.

You will be able to pay entry fee in one of the 3 ways:
  • 1.99$
  • 150 ore
  • 3 RP
And the prizing structure will look like this:
  • 0 - 1 Wins = 1 Ultimate keg + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder
  • 2 - 5 Wins = 1 Ultimate keg + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder
  • 6 Wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore + Scraps + Epic Card
  • 7 Wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore + Scraps + Legendary Card
Rewards are given in slots ex. 2 slots = 2 rewards for certain 'Wins' tier,

Cards & Kegs are guaranteed slots
  • ex. 0 win rewards = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore or Scraps or Meteorite powderex. 7 wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + 1 Random Legendary Card + Ore + Scraps
To celebrate the full release of the Draft Mode, every player will receive one free ticket entry!

How much ore/scraps/powder we will win? It all depends the number of wins i have?

Example in 2-5 wins, i will gain the same amount of ore/scraps/powder or if i win 5 games i will gain more than if i win 2 games?

Epic and legendary cards will be premium? I hope so, because i only want powder and fior me, in my first impression, its better to win 2 games than win 7

More entertaining than I expected, although my first impression is that Draft is heavily dominated by two metas: "NG with a dozen locks" and "play a card, summon 5+ copies from your deck". Often both in the same deck.

I'd suggest giving an option to choose the keg or 100 ore for the reward. One of the things I enjoyed about the old Arena was that if you won 4 or 5 games, you could win back most of your entry fee and could usually play again right away. From my perspective, I won a keg type that I didn't want and I'm left without enough ore to enter again, so I guess that's it for me playing this mode for a day or two...

My other suggestion would be that post-game pack selections should include at least one choice from your faction. Otherwise don't bother giving us Devotion card choices based on our Leader. I got forced to handicap myself after one match because I had no MO faction choices while playing a Blood Scent deck that was heavily dependent on multiple copies of Unseen Elder, a devotion card.

If I decide to keep playing Draft, I'll probably just stop buying kegs entirely since the powder payout appears to be much better than the 10 for 100 ore that I usually get (and powder is all I'm interested in these days). It seems like it'll provide the option to get "guaranteed" powder as opposed to gambling for epic / legendary premiums.

How much ore/scraps/powder we will win? It all depends the number of wins i have?

Example in 2-5 wins, i will gain the same amount of ore/scraps/powder or if i win 5 games i will gain more than if i win 2 games?

Epic and legendary cards will be premium? I hope so, because i only want powder and fior me, in my first impression, its better to win 2 games than win 7

My first outing resulted in a 3-4 record, and I got a keg + 45 ore + 45 powder. 45 is such an odd number, that it's only significant attribute is that it's evenly divided by the number of wins I had. Low sample pool, but I'm fairly confident guessing we get 15 ore + 15 powder per win. :p

I'm also assuming the cards will be premium. Otherwise, I'd similarly be inclined to win no more than 5 games.

EDIT - So I miscounted... I was 4-3 with the keg/45 ore/45 powder reward. I managed to get some RP for ore, so I went again and finished 3-3-1, although a draw counts as a loss, or "not a win" at any rate. 3 wins was good for a keg/30 scraps/40 powder reward. So rewards definitely scale by victories, but we need some more data points to determine how many resources we get at each point.

Last edited:
My question is whether anyone else is experiencing video issues sonce the roll out.
I have had a couple of matches that show up like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot (54).png
    Screenshot (54).png
    3.4 MB · Views: 214
More entertaining than I expected, although my first impression is that Draft is heavily dominated by two metas: "NG with a dozen locks" and "play a card, summon 5+ copies from your deck". Often both in the same deck.

I'd suggest giving an option to choose the keg or 100 ore for the reward. One of the things I enjoyed about the old Arena was that if you won 4 or 5 games, you could win back most of your entry fee and could usually play again right away. From my perspective, I won a keg type that I didn't want and I'm left without enough ore to enter again, so I guess that's it for me playing this mode for a day or two...

My other suggestion would be that post-game pack selections should include at least one choice from your faction. Otherwise don't bother giving us Devotion card choices based on our Leader. I got forced to handicap myself after one match because I had no MO faction choices while playing a Blood Scent deck that was heavily dependent on multiple copies of Unseen Elder, a devotion card.

If I decide to keep playing Draft, I'll probably just stop buying kegs entirely since the powder payout appears to be much better than the 10 for 100 ore that I usually get (and powder is all I'm interested in these days). It seems like it'll provide the option to get "guaranteed" powder as opposed to gambling for epic / legendary premiums.

My first outing resulted in a 3-4 record, and I got a keg + 45 ore + 45 powder. 45 is such an odd number, that it's only significant attribute is that it's evenly divided by the number of wins I had. Low sample pool, but I'm fairly confident guessing we get 15 ore + 15 powder per win. :p

I'm also assuming the cards will be premium. Otherwise, I'd similarly be inclined to win no more than 5 games.

EDIT - So I miscounted... I was 4-3 with the keg/45 ore/45 powder reward. I managed to get some RP for ore, so I went again and finished 3-3-1, although a draw counts as a loss, or "not a win" at any rate. 3 wins was good for a keg/30 scraps/40 powder reward. So rewards definitely scale by victories, but we need some more data points to determine how many resources we get at each point.
Well i decided to discover myself, since devs didnt answer my question

7 wins - legendary card no premium

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-015858_Gwent.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-015858_Gwent.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Screenshot_20220114-015931_Gwent.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-015931_Gwent.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 358

We're happy to announce, that the Draft Mode is no longer in the Early Access phase, and it's now fully released.

This introduces two major changes:
  • There will be now entry fee
But,
  • There will be prizes!
We know that there is a competitive spirit in a lot of you, and that you wanted to have some stakes in playing, so that is finally happening.

You will be able to pay entry fee in one of the 3 ways:
  • 1.99$
  • 150 ore
  • 3 RP
And the prizing structure will look like this:
  • 0 - 1 Wins = 1 Ultimate keg + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder
  • 2 - 5 Wins = 1 Ultimate keg + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder + Ore/Scraps/Meteorite powder
  • 6 Wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore + Scraps + Epic Card
  • 7 Wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore + Scraps + Legendary Card
Rewards are given in slots ex. 2 slots = 2 rewards for certain 'Wins' tier,

Cards & Kegs are guaranteed slots
  • ex. 0 win rewards = 1 Ultimate Keg + Ore or Scraps or Meteorite powderex. 7 wins = 1 Ultimate Keg + 1 Random Legendary Card + Ore + Scraps
To celebrate the full release of the Draft Mode, every player will receive one free ticket entry!
Hello, I just wanted to tryout - but where can I get the free ticket from?
Thank you

Hm, don't know. To be honest, doesn't look very interesting for me as a new player. I'm just going to be cannon fodder for experienced players and lose ore. So I'll stick to standard ranked. Can't tell if the rewards are interesting for long term players.

Is a win a full three round game or 1 win = 1 round. If it's full rounds I think currently I get a lot more rewards from just regular play. And yes, yes you play for the fun not for the rewards etc. etc. But especially early on it's essential to maximize your rewards if you don't want to pay a lot of money in these types of games.

My question is whether anyone else is experiencing video issues sonce the roll out.
I have had a couple of matches that show up like this:
I've encountered similar issue several times (but not after yesterday's release, but earlier). In my case, this bug caused:
- the card I placed in the glitched row to be invisible or semi-invisible (the glitched card image hovering part of my newly played card) and causing the card not being responsive (in terms of using its order ability)
- points were miscalculated
- a strange behaviour with the "End turn/Pass" button happened, and eventually continuing the play was not possible, and I ended up hitting Pass button in two consecutive rounds

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And for the Draft itself, I'm glad that there are finally rewards for playing it, as it gives more spice to this mode.
On the other hand, it comes at a price of entry fee. Whilst this is no problem for many long term players with abundance of resources, it actually is for newer players. And there's one other issue related to that fact - I've been playing Draft quite a lot and seen many totally new players trying that mode, and I'm guessing some of them played it not just because it's fun, but also because it gave them opportunity to test in real play cards, that they don't yet have in their collection. With entry fee some of them will most likely not waste resources, and will prefer to keep them for exchanging to kegs and crafting cards. This further means, that many people have just lost a way to try cards, that they don't have yet, so maybe it would be a good idea for CDPR to create some sort of sandbox, where players could build decks based on all the cards (not just those already crafted) and test them against AI. Just a thought.

Why can you still get Foglets as a card pack in draft? It should be archespores. Foglets no longer summon all copies, that is what archespores do now.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Foglet or two in a deathwish pack with a gold card or two. But they definitely shouldn't be a Foglet 3 pack..

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    749.7 KB · Views: 114
No Price of Power cards apparently... I would agree that the 'Draft Pakcs" need a rework. I much preferred the old Arena way of acquiring your deck. And also, please bring back contracts.

No Price of Power cards apparently... I would agree that the 'Draft Pakcs" need a rework. I much preferred the old Arena way of acquiring your deck. And also, please bring back contracts.
Yesterday i faced an opponent using ban ard/aretuza studants and leticia

Cards from the first two drops were added to draft some time ago. Cards from the third drops and the old-leaders cards are still missing.

Please do an update and se work of the cards available for the draft… also leader abilities. There’s a lot to talk about of why the Draft mode isn’t attracting the players and the nos simple reason is, it gets boring after two or three runs. Draft should be a place to experiment and have a lot of different combinations o cards and leaders. But since the beginning the first 3 gold cards are usually trash if you’re not going to do an all theme deck (which I don’t want to do because I want to have fun and not play a single archetype deck)… then there are fun cards but complete useless like the Kolgrim pack which is useless, or the armor ones… I’m seeing the same cards all over again and kills the fun or even the intereses of playing draft… arena mode was the most enjoyable I had long time ago… I was expecting to see some changes but it seem that you didn’t take attention to the core of the gameplay and available cards… 2 words: Hype & disappointing

Please do an update and se work of the cards available for the draft… also leader abilities. There’s a lot to talk about of why the Draft mode isn’t attracting the players and the nos simple reason is, it gets boring after two or three runs. Draft should be a place to experiment and have a lot of different combinations o cards and leaders. But since the beginning the first 3 gold cards are usually trash if you’re not going to do an all theme deck (which I don’t want to do because I want to have fun and not play a single archetype deck)… then there are fun cards but complete useless like the Kolgrim pack which is useless, or the armor ones… I’m seeing the same cards all over again and kills the fun or even the intereses of playing draft… arena mode was the most enjoyable I had long time ago… I was expecting to see some changes but it seem that you didn’t take attention to the core of the gameplay and available cards… 2 words: Hype & disappointing
Since The patch i made 2 runs (The second is The One i reach 7 wins). The first run i choose rage of the sea leader (The other 2 were even worst). The first Gold card i choose was harald. The firsts packs i didnt get any warriors. Than when comes The Pack tô choose a single Gold again, i choose another harald with The hope the remains package i could get some warriors.

I didnt get any warrior neither, so i had 2 harald and no warriors in my deck. I just quit and redraw The cards, since it was impossible to win with that

Extremely disappointed. Nothing was changed from beta and you still face some completely absurd decks.
Like just now, I faced someone who had 5 crow mothers and 2 gedyneith in his deck. Round 2 on his side started with placing both Gedyneith downs, then play an alchemy to summon 4 crow mothers. Then played the 5th by hand. Absolutely ridiculous.

I on the other hand chose to start with pincer maneuver then was offered only skelliga warriors, disloyals, defenders (nilfgaard again) and witchers... None working with the fucking heroic ability. This game mode still sucks and nothing was fixed!

For me there is literally zero incentive to go anywhere beyond 5 wins. I need powder. I have enough scraps to craft every non-premium card in the game twice.

When do we get contracts? I've been waiting for 15 months for the arena I mean draft to come out of early access, please don't tell me I need to wait another year till you implement them

Top Bottom