Dragon Age 2

+
Complistic said:
If you watch the video you'd know OP is most definitely being sarcastic.
Yea, Dragon age feels like watching a party do a dungeon run in World of Warcraft, with the exception that in wow you actually get to play it with real people instead of having them being controlled by the computer. (and yes, I don't like wow either)Anyway.. It's still doesn't belong in this section and should be moved or deleted.

Guest 2091327

That looked so shit I'm almost lacking words. Even though the OP is being sarcastic I have to comment.Graphics looked so terribly bland and boring. There's nothing there except the characters.Battle is beyond stupid. This monster is bloody HUGE. Yet when he hits out there is zero impact on the fighters. He's slapping them across the body and nothing happens. I assume there is some damage done, but with a huge monster like that they should be struck backwards on their backs after a strike from that bloke.At first I thought all 3 were attacking the big dude. But apparently two others were attacking the main character. It has one movement. One bloody movement. Stick out the sword. Stick out the sword. Stick out the sword. Nothing else. Looked beyond pathetic.If this is a good representation of the combat in DA2 (I hope not!) then it will be nothing but a hack-n-slash borefest. Yippeeeee! :rolleyes:

Bioware cannot get that old Baldur's Gate concept out of their head it seems. I'll make sure to avoid this game. Even if they gave me a free copy I wouldn't play it. If I wanted to play a rpg with an old battle system concept I'd play a decent one like Ultima VII.

funny thing is that a lot of ppl, i assume, are into that kind of combat, even on these forums. most RPGs are like that - there is no weight to the player's actions in a game like this. it's all about the stats of the hero. this kind of combat system is exactly what RPGs are. in the DA2 vid the hero is probably really powerful and strong enough to withstand a combat against these 3 enemies. this is why the hero(in) won. when ppl saw how TW2 has moved into a more action oriented combat system they were worried that its no longer a RPG and now it's a hack and slash game. so isnt this (this=DA video) what these ppl wanted? an RPG system that wins and loses mostly on the stats of the hero?

Flash said:
You can still expect that DA2 will sell better than TW2 :p
No I can't, because TW2 leads in polls, which means it's already more popular, and I see people who would have bought DA2, but will not. i see the opposite with TW2.

Netopier said:
Netopier said:
You can still expect that DA2 will sell better than TW2 :p
No I can't, because TW2 leads in polls, which means it's already more popular, and I see people who would have bought DA2, but will not. i see the opposite with TW2.
Be that as it may, Dragon Age has the not only PC but the 2 consoles as well to sell on.Witcher 2 has just PC so over all yeah DA will outsell Witcher but I predict The Witcher 2 outselling DA on PC.

The magical bow

Guest 2091327

Indeed. Not even strung."Fly baby, fly!"*arrow drops to the ground*"Oh crap..."

Top Bottom