Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Because Bioware: SMASH KILL BURN!

EDIT: I watched the entire video, my head hurts.

"You are the leader!" So you must go out and kill things like a grunt.

"You are the leader of leaders!" So these important NPCs have nothing better to do then follow you like grunts.

Why in fuck is Redcliffe a mage stronghold?! So much for what we did in Origins, I bet there are Demons.

EDIT2: I can't wait for this game so I can just mock it throughout my entire playthrough. Also I will watch Thedas burn and I will let it die.

For the lulz ofc.

Last edited:
The game looks great and I can't wait to play it. I'm going to have to replace my aging HD 6950 though, I want to play this and TW3 on the highest settings.

@Costin

So you're going to buy a 60 dollar game just to mock it? That's pretty sad.

@Costin

So you're going to buy a 60 dollar game just to mock it? That's pretty sad.

Well, it depends how much you make. What for one is a monthly wages, for another is a spare change.
The Bioware's entire approach to this game looks simply retarded. But I will be buying it because I want to experience all the depths of its depravity for myself for the last time, before I simply forget about Bioware's existence. And who knows, may be DAI will have some redeeming qualities.

Enemies you encounter in the world are also working as a team, using their abilities and environment in intelligent ways to pose challenges bla bla bla bla bla

*runs into combat and button mashes everyone to death with no challenge at all*

I got bored 1/4 way though, stopped watching 1/2 way, and it's the first thing i've actually bothered to watch, first info on the game i've looked at. Soooo many "approved buzzwords & phrases" employed to impress us tickle us draw rpg'rs in fool us, and while the graphics look nice, the gameplay.... well, all that running about makes it look exciting, but am I the only one struck by how no friendly fire is going to to be a real "immersion breaker" in this one (bit of an assumption on my part, but with the way your followers - and thats really all they are at this point - prance about I'd imagine friendly fire would not work well at all).

I just can't get myself to watch the full video, that atrocious artstyle combined with the colossal bore this game seems to be I just gave up halfway through, tried 3-4 times already.

I just can't get myself to watch the full video, that atrocious artstyle combined with the colossal bore this game seems to be I just gave up halfway through, tried 3-4 times already.

For me it's the way the guy handles the camera that annoys me. I dunno, I just hate looking on the character from the ground ._.

Well, it depends how much you make. What for one is a monthly wages, for another is a spare change.
The Bioware's entire approach to this game looks simply retarded. But I will be buying it because I want to experience all the depths of its depravity for myself for the last time, before I simply forget about Bioware's existence. And who knows, may be DAI will have some redeeming qualities.

Looks like I was born in the wrong country. The average salary around here is 400 euros so wasting 60 dollars on a game just to MOCK it is inconceivable to me. Either way, I like it and will have two AAA RPGs to enjoy instead of one.

No. I will get PAID for mocking it :)

Oh my, you must be real proud of yourself.

To me it feels all very internal, as if the writers said we won't listen to anyone but our fans. Even the banter seemed gimmicky, like something a fan would put on Tumblr.

I really hope the Witcher devs see this and cringe. No offense. It just seems like a lesson in what not to do.

Jupiter_on_Mars

Out of curiosity,
What exactly is that spherical spyglass for? I mean, anyone standing on that ledge would be able to observe the scene where Templars and Mages battle it out with a naked eye. So what's it for again? And if it serves a purpose, if it awards some strategic advantage, who on earth would leave it there, unguarded for anyone to claim or destroy?

Oh my, you must be real proud of yourself.

I rather am :p

Besides it's the only way to enjoy Bioware games these days, play em, enjoy the few moments that you can and mock the rest. Don't take anything seriously. I had a lot of fun replaying DA:O and DA2 like this, because yes DA:O is full of moronic stuff.

Good:
- the game looks very good, better than what BioWare has done previously
- the color palette in this place reminds me a lot of the first forest map in BG
- personnally, as I don't like open worlds much for their lack of rhythm, I like the fact there are obvious "beaten paths". They made it clear in multiple interviews that exploration is important, so I'm not really concerned about that
- the UI looks practical to me. I wonder if they'll make adjustments for PC but I'm not holding my breath
- combat
- the fight against the dragon is spectacular
- a lot of things to eavesdrop (maybe too much in fact, in this demo) to strenghten the story and lore

Bad:
- yes, the "templar bastards killed my husband" part is awkward. Have yet to see if it's a common thing in the whole game
- Sera's voice. She won't spend too much time in my party...
- the shard thing. It looks like Ubisoft collectibles to me
- showing the party fast travelling in a demo doesn't feel good at all
- a LOT of animations
- mounts: the 3 other party members disappeared

Come on now, Bioware wrote some of the best stories in RPGs history.
I'm not sure "story" is BioWare strong point. I would say BioWare are more into creating characters and relationships, and maybe creating their own setting.

May be I am irreversibly corrupted by TW games, but why a hell do we attack everyone, even people from our own faction? If we are with inquisition, shouldn't we at least have an option of TALKING to them, before starting a fight? I just don't get it - who a character likes to fuck is something important, but who we are killing is irrelevant. How on earth are we going to become leaders if in our spare time we kill our own followers left and right Is it so hard to make a gameplay not to directly contradict a narrative?
I don't understand, you want to talk to the templars or the mages battling near Redcliffe? Because templars or mages don't have to be in our faction, as far as I know.
From the mages point of view, the Inquisition spawns from the Chantry. From the Templars' point of view, well, first you're a mage yourself, and your focus in on ending the mage-templar conflict, which contradicts their purpose and faith.

"You are the leader!" So you must go out and kill things like a grunt.
"You are the leader of leaders!" So these important NPCs have nothing better to do then follow you like grunts.
Why in fuck is Redcliffe a mage stronghold?! So much for what we did in Origins, I bet there are Demons.
There was another footage at E3 showing demons and Tevinter soldier in Redcliffe castle, yes. It doesn't matter to me, I don't see why Redcliffe shouldn't become a mage stronghold.
As for the leader part, I'm not sure I want to stay in a stronghold or on top of a hill overseeing the battlefield in a Dragon Age. Awakening was also like that and now that the Inquisitor has the power to close the rifts it feels even more justified. Of course I would like some RTS parts a lot (like Suikoden series did).

am I the only one struck by how no friendly fire is going to to be a real "immersion breaker" in this one (bit of an assumption on my part, but with the way your followers - and thats really all they are at this point - prance about I'd imagine friendly fire would not work well at all).
Hard and Nightmare difficulties always had friendly fire on in previous DA. I believe they we're planning on adding an option to enable it for easier difficulties.

I really hope the Witcher devs see this and cringe. No offense. It just seems like a lesson in what not to do.
I'm not sure they're cringing. The E3 gameplay footage for TW3 was underwhelming to me and felt like Witcher 2 2.0, especially for combats... The animations are smoother, classier, but the core mechanics seem to stay the same. As for other things, I don't know yet how the world is built in TW and the little glimpses of it I saw at E3 doesn't feel ideal to me.

Last edited:
As for the leader part, I'm not sure I want to stay in a stronghold or on top of a hill overseeing the battlefield in a Dragon Age.

Then you are a grunt and not a leader, simple as that and yes Bioware could make a game about you being a grunt or some officer in army. That way you could still have choices and logic behind going into combat.

But not the head of a multinational organization. Once again Bioware idiocy at it's finest about "leadership".

Sorry, I edited my post meanwhile.

In the meantime, of course you're meant to be the leader of a multinational organization, but you're still starting from scratch. It looks like the goal of the game is to convince or force people to join your cause (BioWare recipe AGAIN, not really surprising).

Jupiter_on_Mars

Good:
I'm not sure they're cringing. The E3 gameplay footage for TW3 was underwhelming to me and felt like Witcher 2 2.0, especially for combats... The animations are smoother, classier, but the core mechanics seem to stay the same. As for other things, I don't know yet how the world is built in TW and the little glimpses of it I saw at E3 doesn't feel ideal to me.

Sure, It's entirely possible to fancy how DA: I looks over TW3. But aside from personal preference on art direction, what do you feel DA:I E3 demo has on TW3 E3 demo? I am really curious.

And since you seem to be quite knowledgeable about the series and this game in particular, I just have to ask you, what is that spherical spyglass for again?

Good:
- the game looks very good, better than what BioWare has done previously
- the color palette in this place reminds me a lot of the first forest map in BG
- personnally, as I don't like open worlds much for their lack of rhythm, I like the fact there are obvious "beaten paths". They made it clear in multiple interviews that exploration is important, so I'm not really concerned about that
- the UI looks practical to me. I wonder if they'll make adjustments for PC but I'm not holding my breath
- combat
- the fight against the dragon is spectacular
- a lot of things to eavesdrop (maybe too much in fact, in this demo) to strenghten the story and lore

Bad:
- yes, the "templar bastards killed my husband" part is awkward. Have yet to see if it's a common thing in the whole game
- Sera's voice. She won't spend too much time in my party...
- the shard thing. It looks like Ubisoft collectibles to me
- showing the party fast travelling in a demo doesn't feel good at all
- a LOT of animations
- mounts: the 3 other party members disappeared

I agree with everything except animations, The dragon in particular seemed very well animated to me,

Top Bottom