Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
It's creepy in that he's your jailor. Plus when you meet him again, he's still obsessing over her, and basically makes it clear he'd run a sword through her "for her own good." Even the writer said originally that a romance with him would be short and violent. That was before they decided to retcon him and turn him into The Good Templar.

It's pretty creepy to a point I suppose. I found it more sad than creepy myself.

But I forgot about the second part, that is what makes it the creepiest.

Attachments

• cded5fcd85cce225dc3c457da7b0fca56522c2418125741ff326c910ccfd1a2b.jpg
    cded5fcd85cce225dc3c457da7b0fca56522c2418125741ff326c910ccfd1a2b.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41
@Princess_Ciri

Lol at least you don't have to call and ask where the hell he's at 3 a.m. in the morning. The answer is outside your window, just waiting for you to turn to blood magic.

And you better be damn sure that you explain to him what a period is, or you're likely dead. He's a virgin in a world with no internet. There's no telling what he does and doesn't know, lol.

@Princess_Ciri

Lol at least you don't have to call and ask where the hell he's at 3 a.m. in the morning. The answer is outside your window, just waiting for you to turn to blood magic.

And you better be damn sure that you explain to him what a period is, or you're likely dead. He's a virgin in a world with no internet. There's no telling what he does and doesn't know, lol.

I'm not sure he'd survive an explanation on periods, or he'd confuse it with blood magic and that would be the end of me.

I just stay at work during the awful once a month, but we should move on. Lest outsiders think we are as creepy as the one we persecuted the previous page.

I nearly forgot manatees were still a thing.

None of the DA trailers have been good. Not a single one. The game may or may not be consolized- well, the inventory is, we know that. The rest of it seems a big step up from DA2. But yeah, they can't do cinematics like CDPR.

Well on the topic of the topic...

@LordCrash: I agree with you on Dragon Age and cinematics, they just don't ever seem to mesh well. Even thinking back to Origins it quite sucked.

Well since we're moving on and I guess agreeing to disagree, we may as well go into why the trailer was disappointing.

For me:

1. Admittedly it's because I'm already jaded by Dragon Age, so I have very little excitement going in already.

2. There's no emotional buildup. Why should I care about this Inquisitor and why should I care about these characters? At most, the Inquisitor looks like a less badass Hawke, and I didn't really even like Hawke.

3. All the magic he uses just reminds me of all the colors warriors have in battle. Small thing, but I wasn't impressed by flaming sword.

4. I get that everything's been done somewhere and to some extent, but I know I'm not the only one that thought "Harbinger, Starchild, Reapers", the entire time watching that, lol.

5. Tries too hard to be epic, which just doesn't work when you don't know anything about a character, don't really know much about the plot, and don't know why the hell they call you andraste's whatever, and what's the significance of it. My problem with Dragon Age in general is that it honestly seems like a series that maybe should have stopped with Dragon Age: Origins. I was saying to myself after I beat it, "If they make a sequel, how the hell will they top this?" The answer for DA 2 is they don't, and for 3 is they get too grand for their own good.

All in all though, I think that it was mainly that I just don't give a damn about this Inquisitor guy, and that it showed us pretty much nothing new at all. More of the same with a lisping baddy voice thrown over it who wishes he was Sovereign.

So...I'm not missing anything in that last trailer? Excellent, no need to waste two minutes of my life watching it, then.

I kinda liked Wynne, if only cuz I thought she helped balance out the rest of the quirkier cast. At the very least, she didn't annoy me as much as the obnoxious drunk. She also has some surprisingly humorous banters with the other companions. Straight characters like her have their moments, and right now, I'm thinking DAI definitely needs at least one companion like that in its lot (Blackwall looks like a potential candidate here).

None of the DA trailers have been good. Not a single one. The game may or may not be consolized- well, the inventory is, we know that. The rest of it seems a big step up from DA2. But yeah, they can't do cinematics like CDPR.

I think the first two were cool.

All of them piss me off because they always have this bullshit stuff with the eyes that's never in the game, lol. I know this sounds kiddy, but fuck it, part of playing games is that you can see and do cool shit. So, I thought that blue glowing eye stuff was sick, and that's nowhere in the game. Same for the armor until I finally realized the dlc I was avoiding came with that armor on the trailer. Too bad the shit was super bulky and ugly looking in comparison to the trailer's. But whatever, Origins was cool.

Then DA 2 did the same shit but red, along with this bullshit spell where he rips the arishok apart. NOT IN THE FUCKING GAME. Why bother making a trailer if it's shit not even in the fucking game? Blow me, Bioware. Long and hard.

edit: At least it wasn't as bad as Assassin's Creed 3:

[video=youtube;-pUhraVG7Ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUhraVG7Ow[/video]

All of this, all this fighting through the crowds n' shit...
NOT IN THE MOTHER FUCKING GAME! Not once. You just sit and order people to shoot cannons n' shit during the big battles... Fuck, this game blew soooo hard.

edit:

Oh yea, and when DA 2 showed Hawke fighting Arishok amongst other fighting soldiers in the warring city... more bullshit. The actual showdown was much less satisfying and epic. Lame lame lame. Fuck those trailers.

Last edited:
Oh no, Bioware's games are about Story. That's why DA 2 was so disappointing, and that's why ME 3 was so disappointing. Especially ME 3 when Starchild basically shat on the entire thing. If you have cool characters with a shitty story, what's even the point. It's like eating a jelly sandwich with no peanut butter. What fucking weirdo does that? Lol.

But then, PB and J already sucks ass. Probably a bad example.

As I said, as long as it makes sense it's not that important. Story was more important in ME3 because it was the end of the trilogy, it was supposed to give us closure with our characters and the fate of the races. We didn't get that and we also got that retarded star child. Aside from that ME3 did have excelent moments and characters like Mordin Solus, Legion, Garrus, and Primarch Victus, an otherwise simple, nothing new character but well-executed and fantastically voice acted

EDIT: Forgot about Javik, that guy cracks me up. .

Last edited:
Top Bottom