Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Sobs even my flatmate's PC didn't work. Dual cores are well and truly fucked for this game.

On the bright side if I'm lucky I could be playing it on my new gaming pc (which has a quad core) in less than 2 weeks. My flatmate is now depressed too tho bc it means he won't be able to play DA:I lol.

*giving virtual hug*

Last edited:

BSN highlight.

And that is why I don't ask for opinions over there, aside from getting some stupid responses mad at me because I didn't put the game as the best thing on the earth, like they want everyone to think. I was trying to avoid saying this, but the place has too many fanboys, as well as people who don't like anything.

To anyone saying BioWare didn't optimize this game well I've only had 1 crash in 8 hours on an i7 quad-core. So don't jump to conclusions and assume the game is badly optimized based on the reports of two or three people here.
I'm sorry but this isn't just a couple people whinging. Problems on PC are being reported widespread, and "not crashing" = / optimized. That's just basic functionality. Poor optimization is that the controls were obviously designed for console and some of them just don't work or aren't present at all. However the game does run pretty stable for me and I've had very few bugs. Just some DirectX CTD's.

And I have to say... it's getting better the further I go along. The beginning is way too long with too little focus and leveling is too slow. It can slow down later on but instead it's the opposite. But the environments really are incredible. I thought people were exaggerating because the Hinterlands and Haven are generic fantasy blah, but Crestwood and the Exalted Plains are gorgeous.

@ Master elven race dude: He just needs to roll a female elf and go with Solas. That's what I'm doing and it's really well done.

Oh... I actually didn't mind Hawke in this game at all. The Wardens part in general was well done. She was humble about her failings, and it actually pissed me off when
taunted her.
Anyway, I had a Loghain redeemer ending after all. Whatever I might have done, my PC wouldn't choose to let a young woman- a fellow mage- kill herself when there's an elder Warden who isn't long for the world anyway who's willing to do it. My PC doesn't know Hawke's a useless twit. Anyway it felt fitting in the game. Who's there if Loghain dies and Alistair is king?

Well you know:

There's no indication that Loghain is dying besides the Calling is going to get fixed and Hawke was the imbecile responsible for this. Besides I smell a hint of favoritism there because of gender, Hawke isn't some special snowflake.

Last edited:
To anyone saying BioWare didn't optimize this game well I've only had 1 crash in 8 hours on an i7 quad-core. So don't jump to conclusions and assume the game is badly optimized based on the reports of two or three people here.

It's not just a few people here, you can look online yourself and see tons of people are having issues. Farcry 4 didn't require I do any fixes. The game is poorly optimized for PC, no doubt about that.

I only had one crash early on with my i5 quad, which wasn't until the next day of playing. It got progressively worse until it reached ridiculous levels. But luckily, the fix Veleda offered, plus making sure all my drives were up to date helped fix it. No crashes all day since then.

---------- Updated at 05:04 PM ----------

Maan ohhh mannn, did Bioware get their shit together. I am so surprised at how amazing and epic this game is.

Maan ohhh mannn, did Bioware get their shit together. I am so surprised at how amazing and epic this game is.

Hahahah, it's been fun reading you reactions and thoughts on the game, Unkindled :lol: You went from cautious, to slightly impressed, to dissapointed and slightly angry, to actually enjoying the game.

Damn. I still have to wait till the beginning of Decemeber for my new PC. Upside is I'm gonna have much more free time to play the game then.

It's not just a few people here, you can look online yourself and see tons of people are having issues. Farcry 4 didn't require I do any fixes. The game is poorly optimized for PC, no doubt about that.

I only had one crash early on with my i5 quad, which wasn't until the next day of playing. It got progressively worse until it reached ridiculous levels. But luckily, the fix Veleda offered, plus making sure all my drives were up to date helped fix it. No crashes all day since then.

---------- Updated at 05:04 PM ----------

That makes me want to buy it. Either way, I can't fathom why the hell they didn't optimize it well since the start. Honestly, they should do PC games first and then port them to consoles later. It seems like the easier route to me, after all you do have to work on a PC (the native architecture) to make a game, instead of developing on a PC to make it work on another architecture. Seems foolish to me.

Hahahah, it's been fun reading you reactions and thoughts on the game, Unkindled :lol: You went from cautious, to slightly impressed, to dissapointed and slightly angry, to actually enjoying the game.
\.

:lol: Yea, I was probably too willing to think they goofed, but it was kinda hard not to at the time. The scale of this game is something else. And the epicness...

I've never felt more badass in a videogame. You feel like a real leader. It's actually kind of weird seeing people worship and praise you. They do a good job of showing you just what it feels like to have everyone put their faith, true religious faith in you. It's both badass and kind of nerve racking having everyone's hope on you.

---------- Updated at 05:33 PM ----------

Almost killed my first dragon on a whim at level 12. Almost is the key word here.

The opinions are sure varied by this game. I have to admit I am not really having that much fun at all the further I get into the game. I keep going because I read so many places that the game will pick up after 15 hours. Well I am now on around 25 hours and I haven't hit that sweet spot people are talking about.

It's not the story that's the problem for me, it's fine so far. It's the fact that the game feels;

- like a MMO grind at times,
- that the combat has chanced so much from previous games. I feel half the time I am not battling the 'GAME' but the game mechanics.
- the consol-fication of the game and all it menues.
- there is no excitement in leveling up because you just get a perk and that's it, no attributes to spent or the like.
- quests are 'soulless' - even the more substantial ones so far. As mentioned it feel like a MMO.

I am really trying to fall in love with the game but so far I haven't. I will try to keep going because as mentioned the mainstory is fine and I want to experience it and I hope I hit that sweet spot people mention. If not I might abandon it and watch a let's play of the game instead.

I'm playing inquisition. calld my character Gerlat of Rivia and loking EXACTLY like in the trailers of wild hunt. yes i'm a douche. and yes im' proud.

seriously tough. i coulden't belive they made such an extensive chracte creator this time ( surely thank to dragon II backlash in witch i had a BIG role at the time, i assure you) they actually gave me ALL the tolls to make an exact geralt replica. hairstyle eye color scars beard skin complexion and quality and all. it toke me a bit of time for it to be really similar but i'm lughing my ass of every minute when i play knowing your characters ( and portrait ) will finish on theyr database ahuauhhuauhauhaahuauahuahu i don't have any sort of hast till february i'm already playing with geralt after all this very moment ahuahuhuahuahuahuauhauha

I have lasted entirely too long against this dragon for a man with no teammates alive, and very little health. My guard is on full, I'm abusing shield wall like a boss, I am the Herald of Andraste and I'm not takin no dragon's shit!

---------- Updated at 06:21 PM ----------

:rofl: Shield wall is easily the most op shit out there. I love it! Your lightning balls can suck my dick!

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

I was THIS CLOSE! Shield wall ftw.

Top Bottom