Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
:rofl: That's hilarious.

I like to think that this spirit was really Andraste as a spirit of faith. She's been dead a while, she might've forgotten exactly who she is by now and when she manifested herself to help, decided to mimic something familiar. That or she does remember and just decided to hide it by playing the divine, but I prefer the former.

After all, she is rather powerful, and the Divine only just died. How would she go angel mode quick enough to help you? Seems too convenient an explanation that she's the Divine. Hence why she never actually confirms that this is what she is.

Ehhhh I think it was either a spirit or whatever was left of the Divine's soul after she was killed. I don't think it was Andraste. But then I'm of the belief that Andraste died a long time ago and isn't helping or saving anyone, in or outside the fade.

I thought so too, but it just seems way too convenient to me that any spirit just happened to come along and be powerful enough to challenge Cornflakes' fear demon, as the thing was feeding off the fear of all mortals in their dreams. And for the Divine to be that powerful after only just dying? Doesn't make sense to me.

I like to think that this spirit was really Andraste as a spirit of faith. She's been dead a while, she might've forgotten exactly who she is by now and when she manifested herself to help, decided to mimic something familiar. That or she does remember and just decided to hide it by playing the divine, but I prefer the former.

After all, she is rather powerful, and the Divine only just died. How would she go angel mode quick enough to help you? Seems too convenient an explanation that she's the Divine. Hence why she never actually confirms that this is what she is.
Andraste is powerful? I thought she was just a human being. Is there some piece of lore I am missing?

Andraste is powerful? I thought she was just a human being. Is there some piece of lore I am missing?

I meant the spirit itself is powerful. However, now that we know that demons and so on can feed off of the emotions of mortals to fuel their own power, wouldn't it make sense that Andraste as a spirit gained strength from the faith of her believers, perhaps in their sleep like the fear demon? That would explain how she'd even know to take Divine Justinia's form too.

It kind of makes sense somewhat. Dumat was the strongest of the old gods supposedly, and if the old gods are just elven gods as the astrariums pretty much say and hammer into your brain, then Dumat may have been the strongest of the gods period, possibly only rivaled by Elgar'nan. In which case, if Andraste did have his soul, then "When the Maker called on her", would be the whispers we know people hear when possessed or under the influence of a strong being.

The lake of sorrows and Flemythal, the warden's son and Urthemiel, and blighted creatures with the hive mind they seem to have.

Which is somehow linked to the old gods, as they hear their song, and Inquisition basically confirms the old gods are the ones calling out to the blight, and it isn't something independent of them. Meaning they want to be tainted and awakened.

Anyway, if Andraste did have Dumat's soul back then, it would make sense. Also worth noting he might still be around even though he's dead. The altar in DA 2 summoned demons if you defiled it, and Corypheus called on his power for spells. Those troubling dreams she supposedly had seem to suggest influence of some god too, which we know old gods can send to their followers.

It would be interesting if she turned out to use their god's power against them, and after she was killed, her story was altered to separate away from tevinter and the old gods completely. If she had some sort of godly power from this, it would explain why Tevinter thinks her a mage too, beyond the obvious assumption that they just made it up. Has to be a reason why even they revere her after all. They believe in the Maker and the old gods both.

---------- Updated at 12:25 PM ----------

Something else, where exactly did Morrigan learn her ritual from? Can't remember if it was from Flemeth's book or not, but wherever she knows it, it means acquiring an old god's soul from an archdemon had to have happened before for someone to have learned how to do it.

Something else I find interesting is that Andraste was said to not be able to have kids before with her husband, but then later she was able to.

Last edited:
At first I thought it was from Flemeth's grimoire but actually now I think about it, she never mentions where she learns it from, and although it could have been written in the grimoire, she may have learnt it through some other means.
Either way though, p.much everything she knew about magic at that point she learnt from Flemeth so I am guessing Flemeth taught her or it was written in her book.

It makes sense that Flemeth would know, she has the essence of an elven god, and since old gods are elven, and Dumat taught tevinter blood magic, it's only reasonable to assume Flemeth knows of these rituals as well, Solas too maybe. What is blood magic to a god? Just magic. Now the question is did Andraste do something similar to attract Dumat's soul. There is that cult that said they believed she was reborn in the form of a High Dragon...

One thing I noticed is darkspawn, old gods, dragons, the one thing they all have in common is a relation to blood magic. Even reavers take power from the blood of a dragon. Something to think about.

I wonder if there's anything to this idea of Flemeth ever only having daughters, and Andraste only having female children too, or if that's just an unrelated thing. But I think somehow all of that stuff is related, and we'll learn about it soon.

Lol one of my friends told me she thinks Flemeth is also Andraste.
If that were true, I can imagine riots in the chantry. It would be glorious.

Also Unkindled I remember you saying that in your head canon Hawke was jealous of your Inquisitor, but I want to know, what does your Inquisitor feel about the fact that Cassandra asks Varric if he could get Hawke to sign her copy of 'The Champion of Kirkwall' ? :p

Lol one of my friends told me she thinks Flemeth is also Andraste.
If that were true, I can imagine riots in the chantry. It would be glorious.

Also Unkindled I remember you saying that in your head canon Hawke was jealous of your Inquisitor, but I want to know, what does your Inquisitor feel about the fact that Cassandra asks Varric if he could get Hawke to sign her copy of 'The Champion of Kirkwall' ? :p

That would be interesting. Needs a lot of work to make that idea possible, but I thought about it briefly.

As for your question, my Hawke is with Merril, and my Inquisitor's not insecure so he wouldn't care, lol. Hawke isn't even on his radar. He's a complete failure, and my Inquisitor is the chosen one, so he wouldn't even begin to think Cass actually wanted him. He's more annoyed with Iron Bull's flirting, lol. Not that she'd be interested, but still... it's disturbing.

LOL Iron Bull flirts with everyone though. I can't believe he even slept with those chantry sisters in Haven... like dude you've barely been here 5 minutes!!!!

Omg I hate Merrill so much. I don't normally hate characters but Merrill is so... ugh. In my first da2 playthrough i thought she was sweet and cute and then i got to the end of her quest and was like.... wtf you are a moron

LOL Iron Bull flirts with everyone though. I can't believe he even slept with those chantry sisters in Haven... like dude you've barely been here 5 minutes!!!!

Omg I hate Merrill so much. I don't normally hate characters but Merrill is so... ugh. In my first da2 playthrough i thought she was sweet and cute and then i got to the end of her quest and was like.... wtf you are a moron

He... did? Wow, lol I guess not all the chantry hate qunari, lol.

I'm with you, but I dunno, after Inquisition I like her again, lol. I liked her a lot my first run up until that mission, but I got over it. I stopped romancing anyone after a while though. And after I stopped playing, I just started really loathing her.

But it's different while you're playing. Hard to be mad at someone so... childish. She's like a lost puppy. A stupid stupid lost puppy. And at least she's not gross like Isabella, lol.

He... did? Wow, lol I guess not all the chantry hate qunari, lol.

I'm with you, but I dunno, after Inquisition I like her again, lol. I liked her a lot my first run up until that mission, but I got over it. I stopped romancing anyone after a while though. And after I stopped playing, I just started really loathing her.

But it's different while you're playing. Hard to be mad at someone so... childish. She's like a lost puppy. A stupid stupid lost puppy. And at least she's not gross like Isabella, lol.

yep. Just as you go into the main hall of Haven if you listen to the two chantry sisters stood near, you can overhear their conversation where at least one of them says that she went to his tent... and the other woman is like "oh so that's why you're walking strangely" and at this point my Inquisitor ran away screaming

My problem with Merrill is that the Keeper warns her not to do the blood magic stuff with the mirror but she does it anyway, and after I saw this, the next time I kept the key from her, and she got so mad at me I gained like 30 rivalry and she suddenly flipped from nice girl to incredibly rude. So I got fed up with her attitude.
At first I didn't like Isabela at all.... but after a while she grew on me. Idk she's not my fave character but she was all right. Actually now I think about it, I didn't really like any of the female characters in DA2 that much. Bethany is nice, if not a bit boring, Aveline was just meh. The male characters in DA2 weren't brilliant either (Carver and Anders...................) but at least there was Fenris and Varric, who made up for it. And Sebastian's accent.

I'm just glad the characters in DA:I are so good. Even Sera who is suuuuuuper annoying is still interesting as a character. Such an improvement.
That said I'm happy DA2 existed bc Varric and Fenris are both wonderful and I love them.

Yea, Sera pisses me off but she is a fun character. Much needed comic relief, even if I still think she's rather poorly written. And god, don't get me started on that tool Sebastian.

I actually like Isabella as a friend character, like Oghren. She's inappropriate and often obnoxious and gross, which makes me really dislike her for a romance option, but as a pal, she's just fine.

As for Merril, the one thing that makes me not write her off completely is that none of that crap with the demon at the end would have happened if the Keeper wasn't such an idiot. Well, maybe not "never", but she assumed that something bad would happen and sacrificed herself, and that was very idiotic of her.

---------- Updated at 08:22 PM ----------

To clarify, I don't mind Isabella being inappropriate and obnoxious at all for a romance character. It's just the gross part that gets me. There's apparently an itch named after Isabella... that's...

Yea, Sera pisses me off but she is a fun character. Much needed comic relief, even if I still think she's rather poorly written. And god, don't get me started on that tool Sebastian.

I actually like Isabella as a friend character, like Oghren. She's inappropriate and often obnoxious and gross, which makes me really dislike her for a romance option, but as a pal, she's just fine.

As for Merril, the one thing that makes me not write her off completely is that none of that crap with the demon at the end would have happened if the Keeper wasn't such an idiot. Well, maybe not "never", but she assumed that something bad would happen and sacrificed herself, and that was very idiotic of her.

---------- Updated at 08:22 PM ----------

To clarify, I don't mind Isabella being inappropriate and obnoxious at all for a romance character. It's just the gross part that gets me. There's apparently an itch named after Isabella... that's...

I think Sera is well-written, personally. She's one of the characters that has surprised me with who she is. On the surface she seems like the typical weird rebel character, but then you find out she's a devout believer of Andraste........ to the point where if you romance her as a Dalish Inquisitor she makes you renounce your faith in the Elven gods before you can get any further in the romance. o_o

I think what the Keeper did seems stupid because Hawke could have helped... but if we consider that if Hawke had never appeared, Merrill would have died fighting that Demon so I can understand the Keeper sacrificing herself to save Merrill. She didn't know Hawke would be there to save the day lol.

also i love this song the most out of all the tavern songs in DA:I, and the French version is so cute lol

Last edited:
The keeper basically chose Merrill over their entire clan... that's what really makes her an idiot to me.

As for Sera, I find her to be poorly written because her little operation is so completely trivial and petty that it's extremely hard for me to justify her even being there. Serving as a soldier like the rest of the unimportant yokels maybe, but fighting alongside the inquisitor? She would have served better as one of Leliana's people away from me, I think. At least Cole earns his spot by giving valuable information on an area.

Even Cullen seems to agree she feels out of place, lol. But still, I find her to be amusing. I see her as my stupid younger sister that needs help growing up and a healthy dose of Unkindled's tough love.

---------- Updated at 08:56 PM ----------

Not a euphemism. God, I'd never bed her even if she wasn't lesbian.

But then again... I bet she's a total freak, lol. Hmm...

The keeper basically chose Merrill over their entire clan... that's what really makes her an idiot to me.

As for Sera, I find her to be poorly written because her little operation is so completely trivial and petty that it's extremely hard for me to justify her even being there. Serving as a soldier like the rest of the unimportant yokels maybe, but fighting alongside the inquisitor? She would have served better as one of Leliana's people away from me, I think. At least Cole earns his spot by giving valuable information on an area.

Even Cullen seems to agree she feels out of place, lol. But still, I find her to be amusing. I see her as my stupid younger sister that needs help growing up and a healthy dose of Unkindled's tough love.

---------- Updated at 08:56 PM ----------

Not a euphemism. God, I'd never bed her even if she wasn't lesbian.

But then again... I bet she's a total freak, lol. Hmm...

Hmmm i'd say that's more of a plot flaw than a character flaw lol but actually she says why she shouldn't be one of Leliana's people, and it's that apparently Leliana's people are too focused on the nobles whereas she gets her information from the peasants and servants, which Leliana probably doesn't have access to. I'm not sure that's strictly true, Leliana has eyes and ears everywhere @_@ but then Bioware lets you get rid of her whenever you want, so... if you think she's pointless you can kick her out :p

Yeah if I was ever going to be with a girl, I wouldn't pick Sera. Tbh the only 2 female characters I have any interest in romancing are both straight male only love interests so that sucks for me. But I do have Alistair and Cullen so I can't complain.

True... but you know, I just can't get myself to kick her for some reason, lol. I just feel like she really needs my guidance and needs to see what goes on in the inquisition. I hope she actually changes from it all. One thing I will say is that they at least didn't make her one dimensional. She acts like the typical robin hood do gooder, but is seriously flawed in how she views fellow elves. Seems very self loathing in her culture, so she's certainly got interesting sides to her when you get past her annoying speech quirks and such.

I think I can put up with her more than I could Leliana. Who I couldn't kick out either unfortunately. Ugh, I'm a big softy.

Though, I think making her stay, cheating on her, breaking her heart and leaving her for Morrigan is worse, lol.

---------- Updated at 10:05 PM ----------

Oh, and:

Top Bottom